The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

Does anybody have trouble accessing their list on mobile? I can do it just fine on computer but when I’m on mobile nothing happens it just has the the loading sign going on and on for eternity

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile: I was just wondering why some names have a ‘names similar to’ section whilst others don’t? Is it just down to the amount of traffic that the individual name pages get, with the more popular names being able to be linked to ‘similar’ ones more easily?

[name_m]Can[/name_m] you link an example? I thought all name pages had a “similar names” section, but you might be right about super rare ones not getting enough traffic/likes to generate it…

1 Like

I know I came across no similar names for Maycen when I ended up there recently. (Just adding my experience)

1 Like

I’ve done a bit of digging in the back end and there are a few names for which the only info in the database is the name itself and the gender. It looks like these are the ones that aren’t generating the list.

1 Like

@katinka Thanks for digging! It’s not a big deal, I was just curious.

Just using a few recent ones from the “Down the Rabbit Hole” name game…

Peidearan Hartwig Xandrah Godefroi

I think it must just be the super rare ones, I usually only notice it when clicking through the names on that thread to continue the game, and they tend to be more unique options!

1 Like

How is it possible to add videos on here? I’ve seen it be done before but honestly have no idea how

You can upload very short video clips in the same way as you upload photos or audio, by clicking this icon (bottom right of the text edit box on mobile).

The file size has to be quite small though.

[name_u]Or[/name_u] you can share a YouTube video just by pasting the link on its own line. It will automatically OneBox into a playable video format.

1 Like

If I ignore a user forever, would I be able to find them through members list to un-ignore later?

you can go to preferences > users to remove people from your ignore list

2 Likes

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] awesome thank you

how many posts can you make in a 12-hour period?

1 Like

YES one hundred percent

What do you mean by posts? Replies or whole topics?

1 Like

10 new topics maximum in one day, or 5 for brand new users.

1 Like

i mean topics sorry

i thought it was less than that. to be honest ive never made 10 in a day but i think i get cut off around 5 even now.

It’s definitely 10 per day but a day is counted as any 24hr period so if you made 8 topics one evening, you’d be limited to just 2 more until the following evening, if that makes sense.

1 Like

@katinka

I am probably not the only one dealing with this content-covering Baby Shark ad on mobile. I tapped on it, and this is the URL I got:
https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/trackclk/N1036778.2584600COFFEE_USA_5359/B26106411.307613492;dc_trk_aid=500959582;dc_trk_cid=154076307;dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;tfua=;ltd=

Is it possible to block that?

3 Likes

Yes, I’ll send this URL to the team. Thanks.

1 Like