The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

yes, I’ve tried them all! I also went to an old list to see if it would work there, but it did the same thing.
I then made my mobile site into the desktop version to see if that would be different, and the gray boxes didn’t appear, but the save button did for the first time. I clicked it and the names I had added disappeared (assuming because they weren’t in boxes).
When the save button appeared, it was only after I typed in both a boy name and a girl name, it wouldn’t appear when I only had boy names.

I’m using a Samsung S10 and Samsung internet browser.

Thank you again for trying to help, I really appreciate it!!

1 Like

Thanks so much for all this info!

One more Q sorry: you say the save button appears when you enter girl names. If you only enter girl names, are you able to save then?

We have been having issues with Android users and lists so this is no doubt related. If you have access to another non-Android device, it should work there.

I’ll send all this info over to our tech side to investigate.

i have a question about accounts:

the rule is that one person can only have one active account, correct? i’ve seen some users leave an account inactive and then register again (i suppose with a different email), without anonymizing or deleting the old ones.

so, hypothetically, could i leave my current account (@coupletoutofrhyme) inactive, make a new account with a different email, and use that one for a while, and then leave that inactive and come back to using this one (so long as i notified the community, of course)? i’ve regretted my username choice for a while but was wondering if it would still be available for me to go back to.

This one is more about the NB blog but are the monthly Babyberry posts coming back? I always enjoyed reading those last year.

1 Like

Yes, check in tomorrow for [name_u]February[/name_u] and March’s combined announcements. We bundled them together this time due to an unusually low number of announcements in Feb.

@katinka Thank you for letting me know. I can hardly wait!

1 Like

hi! I went to go like a comment, and received this message:

I was able to like other comments, so I thought it was strange I couldn’t like this specific one. I also tried liking another comment from the same user (I thought that might’ve been the issue), but I was able to like it with no problem. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you happen to know why? I tried liking it multiple times, and even left the thread and came back twice, and it still wouldn’t let me.
this isn’t really a big deal at all or anything, I just wanted to mention it anyway!!

I get this occasionally. It appears to be a glitch that happens when the server is under particular strain. If you leave it and come back after a minute or two it generally works in my experience. Sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like

no need to apologize at all!! I was just curious!
I only wanted to show my appreciation for the name [name_u]Claude[/name_u], that’s all :sweat_smile:

1 Like

if you create two separate accounts with different emails and then have them merged, which email does the new account default to?

The one that you merge into, if that makes sense. So say you set up a new account and bring all your posts across by merging your old account into your new one, the new email is the one you’d use to log in.

1 Like

is there a way to change the email that’s associated with your account?

I have to send it to our tech team to update in the back end. It can take several days to go through.

going off @auroracallista’s question above, is it possible to change the email on a merged account to the email on the first account? so, basically, the email from the account the posts were made on, or would it be already taken because the posts were made from that email?

That should be possible, with the disclaimer that I don’t think we’ve tried this before.

1 Like

somehow I got into the old email so I’m good for now but thank you for your answer!

1 Like

(sorry if this has been asked before!)

are bans permanent even if the user promises to follow all forum rules, be a good human, etc., and there are no issues with them moving forward?

It really depends on what the issue was and what was decided at the time.

If mods have stated that a ban is permanent, due for example to persistent trolling or discriminatory language, then we will not reverse that decision.

2 Likes

Is it just me, or are the names not linking again?

Testing testing… Alex Ben Cassie

1 Like