The Color of Naming :o)

[name]Lyndsay[/name]: Nope, not all [name]Chris[/name]'s are the same! But I’ll start with you. [name]LYNDSAY[/name] is different than [name]Lindsay[/name] is different than [name]Lindsey[/name], just so everyone knows! Your [name]Lyndsay[/name] is a mix of sunshine yellow and dark marigold orange, in slightly blended horizontal stripes. The texture reminds me of a petal, soft to the touch. [name]CHRIS[/name] as it normally appears is a shade of red, however your [name]Chris[/name] is burgundy mixed with forest green around the edges. It has a feel like the skin of an apple. [name]DASHIELL[/name]/[name]DASH[/name] is very interesting, since it has a half-and-half mesh of yellow and turquoise, which sort of mingles in the middle to create bright green. If you cut off the -iell and just call him [name]Dash[/name], the mixture reduces to maybe 5% turquoise and 95% yellow. The texture is reminiscent of terry-cloth, or the loop side of a towel. [name]KATHERINE[/name] is similar to the name [name]Levi[/name] (IDK why) with a mix of medium tan and rusty orange-red. But if you cut it off and make it [name]Kitty[/name], it retains the rusty color and the beige turns rosebud pink. [name]WILLIAM[/name] is a dark, dusky brown with a hint of emerald green, while [name]BILL[/name] cuts off the green tone entirely and becomes totally coffee-toned, like [name]Bridget[/name].

The others:
[name]Penelope[/name] ” [name]Orange[/name], with hints of red (think of a ripe mango). It has a dimpled texture.
[name]Clementine[/name] ” Surprisingly NOT orange! :o) [name]Clementine[/name] is pink with hints of cherry red and neon green, similar to [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Marigold[/name] ” I didn’t even see this until after I wrote your name’s color! [name]Marigold[/name] is similar in color to the dark orange in [name]Lyndsay[/name], with swirls of eggplant purple and the texture of watercolored silk.
[name]Magnolia[/name] ” [name]Magnolia[/name] is a vibrant magenta, pink with lots of crimson mixed in.
[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Alice[/name] ” Very cute combo :o) [name]Zoe[/name] is a sort of neon purple on its own, which is toned down by the muted turquoise of [name]Alice[/name]. Likewise, [name]Alice[/name] has a sort of smooth, nubby texture while [name]Zoe[/name] is shiny like glass. They definitely tone each other down and are lovely together and apart.
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] ” Although I love [name]Mary[/name], I admit that its color is a combination of brown and green like mossy earth. And [name]Scarlett[/name], unfortunately, IS red — color names have a bad habit of throwing me off!
[name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Betsey[/name] ” [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a mix of medium grey and navy, with black and white speckles — like if someone threw dark blue paint on a granite stone. [name]Betsey[/name], on the other hand, is a much paler powder blue with the same black and white speckles.
[name]Gemma[/name] ” Deep violet, with just a hint of pure white that doesn’t mix with the other color; shiny and hard like glass (see [name]Zoe[/name]).
[name]Pearl[/name] ” Muted lavender and grey, with the texture of fogged glass. This is very similar to my name, [name]Kaitlin[/name].
[name]Belle[/name] ” I can’t help but picture pastel, butter yellow with hints of powder pink, although I suspect that’s left over from my Disney [name]Princess[/name] days!
[name]Cecily[/name] ” The opposite of [name]Lucy[/name], bright green with splotches of pink like they were watercolor painted together.
**Your girls names tend to lean more toward jewel tones, especially purples!

[name]Lincoln[/name]/[name]Link[/name] ” Medium green, like the surface of a still pond, but with the hollow, glassy texture of an empty bottle.
[name]Griffin[/name] ” [name]Brown[/name] mixed with beige and white — in some places smoothly blended and in others in stark contrast to one another. This name does actually bring up the connotation of feathers, tightly packed together like a firm down pillow.
[name]Finn[/name] ” [name]Bright[/name] teal mixed with a hint of medium grey. I do imagine this name to have a slippery texture, but I think more like the skin of a stingray than a literal ‘fin’.
[name]Frederick[/name]/[name]Red[/name] ” [name]LOVE[/name] this. The nickname fits, in this case, because [name]Frederick[/name] itself is a rusty red almost like [name]Levi[/name]. The difference is that [name]Frederick[/name] has literal barbs of dark silver stuck in it, like barbed wire wrapped around a cedar-colored fence, but with the texture of velvet and thorns.
[name]Angus[/name] ” A heady mix of green and brown, similar to [name]Mary[/name].
[name]August[/name]/[name]Oz[/name] ” [name]August[/name] is similar in color family to [name]Lyndsay[/name] but not in style. [name]Red[/name] and yellow are mixed up like watercolor paints but with a multi-layered texture like tiers of tye-dyed silk. [name]Oz[/name] is just yellow, with a little hint of an orange edge, like the skin of a peach.
[name]Wesley[/name]/[name]Wes[/name] ” Dark green mixed with a sapphire-like blue — not navy but not royal either. I think of swirling oceans and dark facial features.
[name]Dodge[/name] ” [name]LOVE[/name] this too! This is a family name for me so it’s even more special. It’s not particularly striking, but it’s solid and handsome in itself. The color is a medium brown with veins of black, and it has the texture of wet earth.

Enjoy them! :o)

Logansmom: [name]AMANDA[/name] is close to [name]Caitlin[/name], but a more goldenrod yellow color and a darker purple with a hint of black. [name]JONATHAN[/name] is crimson with a bit of pea green around the edges, and has a circular, almost dome-like feel to it. [name]LOGAN[/name] is yellow, brighter than your yellow, with medium-thickness strokes of black around the edge. [name]VERONICA[/name] to me is a red-violet color, sort of like a plum, but with a satin texture. [name]CLAIRE[/name] is bright pink and bright blue — I think [name]Claire[/name] fits better with [name]Logan[/name], and I would name another sister [name]Lucy[/name]! [name]REID[/name] is medium green with one yellow stripe, and has a hollow texture, not as bendable as a straw but not as sturdy as a pipe. [name]DASHIELL[/name], as I said earlier, is a half-and-half mix of yellow and turquoise with a bit of mingling in the middle. [name]Reid[/name] would be my vote for a brother, since with all of you being yellow (except poor hubby), it’s a bit overwhelming! [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

mermuse: [name]STEPHANIE[/name] is magenta and amethyst, and reminds me of an agate stone I got from one of those ‘fill your own bag with jewels’ stands at the seashore! [name]LYNN[/name], on the other hand, is bright yellow with a hint of brown. The two together make me think of a flower garden in springtime — gerbera daisies in all different colors!

Rosypoesy: [name]JAMIE[/name] I think of as being peacock colored, with blue, teal, green, and just a little purple. It has a satiny, sort of powdery texture, like eyeshadows. [name]BECKETT[/name] is red, with hints of green and yellow in some places, like an exotic fruit. [name]MAISIE[/name] is magenta, darker in some places and lighter in others, and [name]SULLIVAN[/name] is a dark brownish-black with little veins of yellow, like marble stone. :o)

kyemsma: [name]KYLE[/name] is a grassy green color, with dark curved lines intermixed like crosshatching, and [name]PATRICK[/name] is a stony grey color with just a hint of brown — together, they make up a very earthy name. Is he an outdoors person? :o) You were right about [name]Kyle[/name], by the way! As for [name]EMILY[/name], it’s a dusky orange color, intermingled with lavender shadows. That sounds funny, but it’s really a very pretty combination. [name]CATHERINE[/name] is a very pale powder pink, and as a combo, [name]Emily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] looks like a tequila sunrise or a peach, just with lavender mixed in :o)

[name]Karen[/name]: It’s very possible that you might have a mild case! Quite a few people have synesthesia and never realize it. Only some ‘normal’ words (not names) have colors to me, and others don’t — for example “the” is chartreuse green and “cling” is fuchsia. As for your name, [name]KAREN[/name] is a bright screaming orange to me, with big splotches of hunter green across it like shadows or leaves.

[name]Rachel[/name]: [name]RACHEL[/name] is a soft, downy off-white with dark taupe and pastel yellow shadows. It has a curly feel to it, like something that would twine around your fingers if you touched it, in a comforting way (not like a boa constrictor!). [name]JEFF[/name] is burgundy and black, with a sort of rough, fabricy feel — something like upholstery or denim. [name]DARWIN[/name] is black, peppered with a medium ochre brown and hints of cocoa brown. It feels like a wire-coated dog or a man’s beard. [name]CLAIRE[/name] is a splotchy mix of bright pink and bright blue. Good luck!

I feel bad to ask you, since you’ve been sooo overloaded with names, but I (reading this thread) have been absolutely dying to ask what my names and names I love are coloured and textured to you.

My name is [name]KELSEY[/name], boyfriend’s name is [name]RYAN[/name] and names we love are [name]IRIS[/name], [name]MATILDA[/name], [name]BEATRICE[/name], [name]CECILIA[/name], [name]THEODORE[/name], [name]GEORGE[/name], [name]ALFRED[/name] and [name]WINSTON[/name]. Thank you so much.

Wow! Thank you, [name]Kaitlin[/name]!

I love that you see turquoise in my name, as that aqua color is my favorite - a bit like [name]Tiffany[/name] blue in its various shades. Perhaps I am a complex person…

As for the rest, they sound so lovely! And, it is so neat to think that [name]Henry[/name] matches my “color” - cool!

If you want to look at full names, here you go!

ME: [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Elyse[/name]

[[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Maria[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]]

Thank you!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

This is really cool :slight_smile:
If you’re not too busy I’d love to know the colour of my name?

My name is [name]Sasha[/name].
Thanks ever so much!

Thank you, [name]Grey[/name]! This is so cool–it’s so nice of you to give everyone such vivid descriptions! I don’t know if it makes a difference, but my daughter’s name is actually [name]Sophia[/name] (not [name]Sophie[/name]). I love [name]Sophie[/name]'s color, though! (As well as all the other colors!)

<Your daughter’s name, [name]SOPHIE[/name], is crimson with just a hint of burgundy and violet, with the texture of crushed velvet.> quote

Oooh! [name]How[/name] interesting! :slight_smile: [name]Kaitlin[/name], if you feel like analyzing more names, I’d love to know about my name, plus:

[name]Anne[/name]/[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]/[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]

I’m curious to know if variations of the same names have different colors, such as [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]. If I listed too many names, please don’t feel pressured to analyze them all! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Okay, this looks like fun! [name]Grey[/name], would you mind telling me what color(s) you see when you look at the name [name]Nephele[/name]?

– [name]Nephele[/name]
Who sees black and midnight blue in her name, but would love to know what [name]Grey[/name] sees. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your amazing ability, [name]Grey[/name]! If you’re interested, there is a fascinating autobiography by [name]Daniel[/name] Tammet called [name]Born[/name] on a [name]Blue[/name] [name]Day[/name] in which he describes his synesthesia (among other things.) He mainly ‘sees’ numbers, but I think seeing names is the coolest!

If you have time I’d love to know what you see for:

[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]/[name]Cora[/name]- I can’t decide which of these I love more and would love to know if they look similar, since they rhyme

Thank you!!

If you have time, could you do some of my favorite names?

[name]Honora[/name]/[name]Annora[/name]- I’d like to know if there’s any difference in these.
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Karensa[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]

I know there’s a lot…so you don’t have to do them all.

Wow, [name]Grey[/name]–you are very talented! Yes, my [name]Kyle[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] IS an outdoors person! Always outside, helping in the gardens or playing sports. And I can totally picture [name]Emily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]'s colors, as her favorite colors ARE lavender, pink and peach!

Thank you for your synesthetic analysis of my name. [name]Bright[/name] orange with hunter green splotches like leaves or shadows. ? This reminds me of the living room decor we had when I was born! [name]Bright[/name] orange couch with hunter green easy chairs (the 70s, that look that is showing up again called “retro”). I feel like bright orange sometimes, not really my favorite colors, but certainly descriptive of my mood occasionally.

[name]Grey[/name] - This thread is so interesting! Would you be able to do some names for me?

My name: [name]Robyn[/name] [name]Diane[/name]

My daughter’s names:
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ariana[/name], nn. [name]Katie[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Mae[/name], nn. [name]Cassie[/name]

Potential names for a future son:
[name]Roy[/name] [name]David[/name] Brynolf, nn. [name]Brynn[/name], [name]Rolf[/name], or [name]Rory[/name]?
[name]Robin[/name] [name]Carroll[/name] [name]Finlay[/name], nn. [name]Finn[/name], or [name]Carrey[/name]?

Some names I love for a future daughter (combos undecided):
[name]Juliet[/name]
Eirwen
[name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Meryl[/name]
[name]Elisabeth[/name]

Thank You!

This is fascinating…I was wondering if you could two for me as well!

I’m [name]Leilani[/name]; and the other name is [name]Alex[/name]/[name]Alexander[/name].

Really Sorry!!! I know your busy but I am SO Dying to KNOW…

[name]Skyla[/name] Danelie G-M

(ya it’s kinda long…)
~Thanks!!!
okay just had to add, I have always loved blues and purples and woundered if there are any names that stand out to you that are very blue/purple? (if your can’t do this it’s fine thanks) :slight_smile:

[name]Ever[/name] since I learned about synesthesia I’ve wished I had it… Same with two different coloured eyes, which I first became aware of at the age of 4 and loved ever since… Along with red hair because of the [name]Little[/name] Mermaid (and later on [name]Tori[/name] [name]Amos[/name]).

I only have one name I’m absolutely certain I like for my child, [name]Samson[/name]. Would you please tell me about that?

And if it’s no bother I’d like to know about [name]Heidi[/name] as well, and I’m choosing a couple of middle names for myself, so if you could do those as well I’d be eternally grateful!
[name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Elnora[/name], [name]Susanna[/name], [name]Marlena[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Oleanna[/name], [name]Rosalia[/name], [name]Antonia[/name] and [name]Viola[/name]… [name]Adelaide[/name] is the most important one, so just drop the rest if it’s too much! ^^
Thanks a bunch!!

That is really cool! Would you mind doing mine? It’s [name]Sydney[/name]. (-: Thanks!

[name]Grey[/name], thank you so, so much! You didn’t have to do all of my names, but I certainly appreciate it! I think it’s incredibly fascinating! I love my color, it’s funny because that’s pretty much the color I would pick for myself, so you’re good!

I love your color descriptions so much, I wish I could do what you do!

[name]Grey[/name] how nice to find someone else who sees names in colours. I thought I was a little wacky.

I can relate to how you see a mix of colours in one name too.

I think that the harmony of a combo comes from the colour of the names working together too.

I was trying to explain to someone the other day and they had a picture on the wall and I said, “See that picture on the wall, the colours in it are the same ones in the name combo we were just talking about but the other name combo is more like that one over there”. (which was a different kind of picture altogether)

[name]Glad[/name] that there is a name for this ‘condition’.

Can you please do my children’s colours. [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Jacquelyn[/name].

If we both see names in colour should you and I agree on the colour (because we have the same ‘condition’, or is it individual?

[name]Grey[/name],

I will make it easy on you. Can you do “[name]Ginger[/name]” that is who my baby due anytime will probably be.

Thanks!