The controversial or the safe one?

Can you list some names that are extremely loved by some people but equally hated by others?
Then can you list some names that may not be that beautiful, but almost everyone think its ok?
Which category do you prefer to choose a name from ?

We have chosen the name for our first girl: [name]Serena[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
It is just out of curiosity:)

[name]Gwen[/name]

Well, I’d say that names like [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] are safe ground. You’re never going to please everyone, of course, and I can imagine a particularly harsh relative branding them unexciting, but in general I’m sure noone could have a problem with [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name].

As for names which some people love and others hate, the obvious examples are trendy names (such as [name]Jayden[/name]), or vintage names (such as [name]Opal[/name] or [name]Cecilia[/name]) that some would find too old-fashioned for their taste.

In general, I would prefer to choose a name from the ‘some love it, some hate it’ category, just because classics like [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] tend to be reasonably popular, and choosing an unusual name is important to me, at least in first place.

[name]Serena[/name] [name]Belle[/name] is very pretty!

Good luck,
[name]Auburn[/name]