The day has come, voting, wish us luck!

I’m loving this post, and the careful, thoughtful process you have been through to choose your daughter’s name. I especially like that she is six months old, so a real and vital presence seeming to be looking up at us from the posts, wondering: who will I be?

I vote for [name]Juliet[/name] too. Hopefully folks won’t “butcher” it to [name]Julie[/name] on down the line, but I suppose you’ve already considered that. Any of your names will be a lovely choice.

What are you doing to us babygrey? I just woke up and immediately thought I must turn on the computer to find out baby’s name. So without further ado even my tea and toast that my DH brings me in bed each morning were forgotten so that I could check on your post.

Such excitement!

I love, love, love [name]Juliet[/name] and I have only ever met one [name]Juliet[/name].

Most have posted that we love this name, does that count?

Best wishes, all the best, I will be checking back frequently during the day to find out the news. It is like waiting for a baby to be born, so exciting.

Oh, gosh, you are too sweet. I honestly feel I owe a fair number of you real thank yous for being so invested. It is really sweet.
A tip for those eager, we have a prior engagement tonight, so I don’t think we’re making a decision tonight. So obsessive checking not necessary. :slight_smile:

I don’t have time for personal comments but I want to thank you all for the continued comments about our choices. They are apprecaited, as we are rather stuck as how to choose between the three. As has happened before on this board, perhaps someone may say something about our choices that is a lightbulb for us.

And, a few people have asked where [name]Zeta[/name] came from. It was on our original list we made the week I found out I was pregnant. More than a year ago. I happened to pull the list out when I was rearranging her clothes a few days ago. DH really likes it (it is phonetically similar to his [name]Vada[/name]), and I like it, so that’s how it ended up on our final list.

I agree with someone’s sentiment that it is a letter and a math number and little more (which is why it wasn’t discussed much after that first list- meaning is really important to me). But, it is also agreement, which is symbolic for us.

Forgive me, but it seems to me that the decision HAS been made … according to your plan, that is. [name]Aster[/name] came out top choice … [name]Aster[/name] she should be named. You even had points subtracted for teasing potential, and [name]Aster[/name] STILL came out on top.

So even with the teasing potential, [name]Aster[/name] is so much of the right name, that all of its excellent qualities compensate for the potential teasing worries. (If the teasing ever materializes, I’m sure you and your daughter will find a way to cope, and get stronger from the experience … I think it’s time to relax about the teasing, at least for a few years.) [name]Aster[/name] is THE name.

The only other reason not to use [name]Aster[/name] is to keep [name]Asher[/name] in reserve for a possible future son. Forgive me, again, but your daughter is here now, and she has waited 6 months for this beautiful name. I don’t think she should be denied the numerically top-choice winning name for the sake of another child who is not here yet. She’s here first, and she should get dibs. If you have another child who’s a boy, he won’t be named [name]Asher[/name], but I’m sure you can find him another wonderful name.

Poor little [name]Aster[/name], she wins the competition, and then is told the rules have been changed. I just don’t think that’s fair. I love [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]. So does your family. I think you should stick with the plan, and accept and welcome [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] as the perfect name for your little daughter. I, for one, will be delighted in your choice and applaud your excellent taste and courage.

[name]Deirdre[/name], I agree with your sentiments about [name]Aster[/name] to some extent, but I do think that it would be very hard for me to name my daughter a name similar to another I loved for a different gender (i.e., [name]Asher[/name]). So, I understand why BabyGrey and family have relegated [name]Aster[/name] to the middle name position, and I still feel [name]Juliet[/name] is the best option for a first name :slight_smile:

That being said, should you decide [name]Aster[/name] is too special to pass up as a first name, I would suggest going with a more feminine-looking variant, namely [name]Asta[/name] (Latin for “[name]Bright[/name] as a [name]Star[/name]”), [name]Astra[/name] (Greek for “From the Stars”), or [name]Astrea[/name] (American for “Of the Stars”). I know you don’t want any more names at this point, but [name]Deirdre[/name]'s post prompted me to resurrect some names I had earlier suggested for you that combine the beautiful elegance and femininity of [name]Juliet[/name] and the interest and meaning of [name]Aster[/name] - [name]Estee[/name], [name]Estella[/name], and Sitara. All sound beautiful with [name]Miriam[/name] as her only middle name, and [name]Lark[/name] (or, more fittingly, [name]Star[/name]) could be used as a family nickname.

That being said, my vote of your limited name search still goes to [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] “[name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]”! Good luck, BabyGrey!

[name]Lark[/name]! [name]Lark[/name]! [name]Lark[/name]!

[name]Aren[/name]'t the people at your “prior engagement” dying to find out the decision too??? Come on, choose before you kill us all! LOL.

Good luck.

I came looking for this post to see if it had been updated.
I also checked the “Tell Us What You Named Your [name]Baby[/name]!” forum just in case you posted there. I hope all is well your way. I know I’m not the only one dying of suspense. :slight_smile:

I’m checking regularly also. I think we are all dying of the suspense. Please name your baby!
She will become the name and you will all be happy with it. You have all put so much effort into how could you go wrong with any of the 3 final choices, which are all lovely. She is almost old enough to start recognizing her spoken name. I don’t want to be rude, but please stop torturing yourselves, take the plunge and just do it! :slight_smile:

Ditto! I’m dying of suspense too! That little girl needs a name.

If you are having difficulty coming up with your final decision, may I make the following suggestions.

1. You could give your list of your final 3 or 4 names to a trusted family member or friend and have him/her make the final choice for you. It would be a nice way to honor someone whom you are close to.

2. If you are indeed going to use [name]Aster[/name] as your lovely daughter’s middle name, why not shake things up a bit and name her [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Aster[/name]. It would not be following your family tradition to a T, but it would still be following tradition, just in a new and innovative way. For this generation, the [name]Mary[/name]-variant-name would go in first place to make way for your new mn, [name]Aster[/name]. I think this could be a great solution for you both b/c you both like [name]Miriam[/name], you both like [name]Aster[/name], you can’t decide between [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Lark[/name], and [name]Zeta[/name] (so just leave it), and you honor a family tradition in your own quirky particular fashion. (This really makes sense given your saga of choosing a name.) You rid yourselves of the [name]Juliet[/name]-[name]Lark[/name]-[name]Zeta[/name] debate and get to keep the two names the two of you have always agreed upon, in a way that you are comfortable with (since apparently, you are still unsure about [name]Aster[/name] up front). You will not be overburdening your daughter with 5 names! I would stop at 4 ([name]Miriam[/name] + [name]Aster[/name] + [name]Jackson[/name] + [name]Ford[/name]).
    [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name].

I really wouldn’t wait on this any longer, for the sake of your daughter who will want to know her name soon.

You could always try calling your little angel each name for one day (within your home - no need to confuse others :slight_smile: ) and see which one seems to fit best. Alternatively, why not let your family, friends or us Nameberry posters vote - if, say, [name]Juliet[/name] gets chosen and you feel very sad that it wasn’t [name]Zeta[/name], then you know that you should, in fact, name her [name]Zeta[/name] … [name]Just[/name] some ideas!

Good luck!

• Maybe the family should let mom pick, since she’s the one who carried her for 9 months and gave birth! :slight_smile:
    or
  • [name]Just[/name] plan on having 2 more girls and you’ve already got the next 2 names ready to go!
    or
  • Would it be so terrible to name her [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Zeta[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Ford[/name]? It would make a good story.

I am literally dreaming about this! Last night I dreamt that you posted her name as [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Rose[/name], and I have NO idea why. Update us on her name! Put us out of our misery! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], I’m a little confused with this post??? Your daughter is 6 months old and without a name? What has everyone called her up until now? Sorry… I didn’t read history of all the posts, so I might have missed something, but just intrigued me? Good luck to you!

I second that post suggesting that your revert back to using [name]Miriam[/name] and keep [name]Aster[/name] because you love it so much.

I love the idea of [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Aster[/name], that is a very nice combo.

[name]How[/name] can you go wrong with these two names seeing as they have been in your heart for so long?

At least with these two names you won’t feel like you are forcing yourselves to like a name just to get the naming over and done with.

We nameberries all know you love [name]Miriam[/name] and [name]Aster[/name] so [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Aster[/name] would be perfect.

What do you think or does this just confuse the issue even more?

Update? I can’t believe how curious I am–I’m sure we all feel like we’ve been following a story and we need to know the ending!

I laughed - Replies, 36; Views, 849.

Come on! :slight_smile:

Is anyone else starting to get somewhat puzzled by the lack of an update yet?

[name]Karen[/name], the views went up to 968! Wow;)

Come on, we’re all dying to hear the name! I’m sure it’ll be beautiful: you can’t go wrong with the choices you had picked out! :slight_smile: