The Duggars Are Expecting Again

Assuming you must choose a J name, what you would name the new baby?

Girl:
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]

Boy:
[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]

I’m always surprised that they haven’t used [name]Jacob[/name] yet.

What I’d expect from them:
[name]Julie[/name] [name]Madison[/name] (both names were on their list last time)
[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]

What I would choose:
[name]Jemima[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] OR [name]Josiane[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
Jophiel [name]Morgan[/name] OR [name]Jadon[/name] [name]Malachi[/name]

I would choose:

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Rain[/name]

or

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Gray[/name]

My goodness have they heard of birth control.

[name]Jane[/name] or [name]Joan[/name]

[name]Jonah[/name] or [name]Jaden[/name]

I feel like they’d use [name]Julia[/name] (actually, I think [name]Juliana[/name] fits with their style a little more, but to me, it sounds too similar to [name]Joy[/name]-[name]Hannah[/name]) or [name]Jasmine[/name] (I’m not sure why I get that vibe though…)
They have an interesting mix of mainstream and biblical-sounding names; they might even go with something like [name]Jemma[/name] (like [name]Jinger[/name], changing the spelling from a G to a J).

for a boy, I’d pick [name]Julian[/name] or [name]Jett[/name], but I think they’d go with [name]Jacob[/name] (I’m honestly surprised they dont have one already!).

Their other children:
[name]Josh[/name], 21; twins [name]Jana[/name] and [name]John[/name]-[name]David[/name], 19; [name]Jill[/name], 18; [name]Jessa[/name], 16; [name]Jinger[/name], 15; [name]Joseph[/name], 14; [name]Josiah[/name], 13; [name]Joy[/name]-[name]Anna[/name], 11; twins [name]Jedidiah[/name] and [name]Jeremiah[/name], 10; [name]Jason[/name], 9; [name]James[/name], 8; [name]Justin[/name], 6; [name]Jackson[/name], 5; [name]Johanna[/name], 3; [name]Jennifer[/name], 2, and [name]Jordyn[/name]-[name]Grace[/name], 8 months

I believe I read they also have a dog named [name]Jasmine[/name].

What I don’t understand about the Duggars is that you’d think they had hardly any options, with the names they choose. On Nameberry alone there are exactly 2,201 names beginning with J. [name]Just[/name] type in “J” in the search box and you’ll it.

I mean, [name]Jason[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name]? [name]Joy[/name]-[name]Anna[/name] and [name]Johanna[/name]??? (That one in particular really burns me up…) Seriously? Not to mention [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Josiah[/name] ([name]Joe[/name] and [name]Joe[/name]…), and don’t even get me started on [name]Jinger[/name].

I understand it’s hard to name so many kids nicely. I guess I have two points here: First of all, if you’re going to have so many kids in the first place, why set yourself up for MORE confusion by naming them all with the same letter? It’s just complicating things. And second, if you must use the same letter, why use such mundane, similiar names? J names have so many lovely possibilities!!

Well, that aside, I still want to see what they name this baby. If I were them, I would use [name]June[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Jemima[/name], or [name]Jacinda[/name] (slightly similiar to [name]Jackson[/name]) for a girl and [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Julian[/name], or [name]Jude[/name] for a boy. (They used so few of the lovely Ju- names!)

At least they don’t have any Jaydens/Jadins/However else it’s spelled!!! Knock on wood. [name]Jayden[/name] would really by terrible with [name]Jordyn[/name] (don’t like the spelling of that one either.)

Oh fun!

Girl: [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Brianne[/name]

Boy: [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]

Girl:
[name]Jemma[/name] (pretty close to [name]Jessa[/name], but I can see it), [name]Jocelyn[/name], [name]Jacqueline[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], [name]Jewel[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Jessica[/name]

Boy:
[name]Jude[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Jonah[/name], [name]Jacoby[/name]/[name]Jacob[/name], [name]Joel[/name], [name]Jamison[/name], [name]Jonas[/name], [name]Julian[/name]

…they do have a dog named jasmine :stuck_out_tongue:

The Duggars don’t believe in birth control as they lost a child because of it. Of course, she could always use other means to stop having kids, but they believe that each child is a gift from God and love having children. I, for one, respect them for it.

If it’s a girl, I feel pretty sure that they will name her [name]Julie[/name], as that was almost [name]Jordyn[/name]'s name. [name]Juliana[/name] or [name]Jocelyn[/name] would both be gorgeous. For a boy, I like [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Jude[/name], or [name]Joel[/name].

I respect them, too. They are strange, but it’s their decision, their life. I do think though that she is putting herself in danger by having another child.

It sounds like they’ll stop soon, I’m betting on #20 being the last.

I think if they were going to use [name]Jacob[/name], they would have by now, so I just won’t go there. I have a J baby myself ([name]Judith[/name]), but I don’t think that’s their style either.

So I’m guessing with [name]Joel[/name] or [name]Jayleen[/name].

I don’t think it’s really fair to say that a name is out because it doesn’t seem like their style. With a mix of names like [name]Justin[/name] and [name]Jason[/name], [name]Jedidiah[/name] and [name]Jeremiah[/name], and [name]Joy[/name]-[name]Anna[/name] and [name]Jinger[/name], their style seems all over the place!

They probably haven’t chosen [name]Jacob[/name] because another family member or somebody else they have an association with is named [name]Jacob[/name], I’d assume. Or, maybe they just haven’t thought of it yet. Afterall, look how long it took them to think up [name]Jennifer[/name].

julia would be a nice choice… as would judith. but i think they will probably go with something along the lines of jayleen (as a previous poster suggested). who knows?! i wonder if this will be their last kid…

Girls:
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Corrinne[/name]
[name]June[/name] [name]Alexandria[/name]

Boys:
[name]Jasper[/name] Dames
[name]Jax[/name] [name]Bradley[/name]
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]

[name]Joelle[/name] or [name]Jerusha[/name] for a girl and [name]Jared[/name] for a boy:)

[name]Jesse[/name], [name]Justin[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Josiah[/name], [name]Jerry[/name]

[name]How[/name] about …

For a girl:
[name]Jemima[/name] [name]Kaitlyn[/name] /or/ [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

For a boy:
[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] /or/ [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Robert[/name]

Assuming you must choose a J name, what you would name the new baby?

Girl:
[name]Janelle[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]

Boy:
[name]Judah[/name] [name]Francis[/name]