the finalists - take two

This week’s finalists for our baby girl are:

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

Reasons I have not been able to commit to [name_f]Emily[/name_f]:
Its popularity does concern me. However, I feel that it is a timeless name, so perhaps it’s ok if it’s a bit common. It doesn’t have a great meaning (rival) but not sure if that’s a deal breaker either.

Reasons I have not been able to commit to [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]: I think it’s sweet and pretty but worry about it being trendy rather than classic.

I would welcome opinions… [name_f]Emily[/name_f] or [name_f]Sadie[/name_f].

FYI: She will be little sister to [name_m]Jonah[/name_m].

Thank you!

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] gets my vote! It’s definitly a classic, I think it just seems like a trendy name because of it’s current popularity. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] and [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] sound great together.

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is ok but I’ve always found [name_f]Emily[/name_f] a little boring. I think it needs a really uncommon and slightly unusual middle name to make it stand out a bit.

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is a classic name just like [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. I understand your point about [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] fitting the “vintage” trend, but [name_f]Emily[/name_f] fits the “safe” trend and I think that it looks too soft next to [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is a wonderful name. I’d prefer to see [name_f]Emily[/name_f] with [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] as in [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]. Voting for [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]!

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is absolutely a classic, just of a different sort than, say, [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] feels very safe while [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] has some spunk to it.

I’d vote for [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f].

I vote for [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. I think it works great with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]. For some reason I don’t see [name_f]Emily[/name_f] as a classic name. I think it feels more like a trendy generational name to me because I went to school with so many Emilys. But that’s not to say it isn’t a lovely name!

Another [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] vote. :slight_smile: I think [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] work well together!

Here’s a vote for [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. It flows better to my ears. Plus, I am not a big fan of [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. The repeated long /a/ sounds in the combo [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] are not ideal and it’s a tad choppy. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is more melodic.

I like [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f].

I love [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] with [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]! A friend of mine considered naming her daughter [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], but call her [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], that way you get [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] but a name that would withstand the trend. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a thought!!

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f].