The “Forever” Name

What’s a name that you love, that’s been on your list forever? A name that you couldn’t give up, and envision on your future daughter?

6 Likes

Mine would probably be:

Kamala - I go on and on about [name_f]Kamala[/name_f] in a number of threads, so l’ll limit this to [name_f]Kamala[/name_f] [name_m]Harris[/name_m] and my grandma.

Amy - I know, surprise. A teacher important to me is named [name_f]Aimee[/name_f], as is a character in my story, and I loved this name as a child. I’m also fond of the [name_u]French[/name_u] language, and like the meaning of beloved.

4 Likes

Tëgᴀn

2 Likes

Phoebe

3 Likes

Elodie

5 Likes

Guinevere and [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] … I couldn’t decide between the two which was the “one” but I’ve had both names since my beginning of loving names

5 Likes

Victoria

2 Likes

Maeve

2 Likes

Elizabeth. It’s my name but I love it so much that I don’t mind sharing. I was pretty set on nn [name_f]Lily[/name_f] but my partner isn’t into it. I don’t think he’s into [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] either but if we have enough girls it’s happening. Nn will probably be [name_f]Betty[/name_f] or [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] since I go by [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f] and my best friend wants to call her little girl [name_f]Elle[/name_f].

6 Likes

Lilia for me, which should come as a surprise to no one. :wink:

15 Likes

My [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: no other name has my heart like [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] does!

6 Likes

Chloe. [name_f]My[/name_f] mum recently found a really embarrassing note I must have written when I was around 10 stating that my first daughter will be named [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]. I had no idea I’d loved the name for over a decade until that note was found.

9 Likes

Kassia

2 Likes

Winnie :heart:

9 Likes

Savannah! It is the outlier on my list but has been my favourite for about 7 years. Now let’s just wait and see what my future husband thinks of it :smile:.

Olivia is also a name that I have loved for years and years - much longer than [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]. It’s just unfortunately one of my sister’s middle names and I have a close friend by this name as well!

4 Likes

Since 1996, [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]

Had 4 opportunities to use it but two were boys, one my husband trumped me on and the last just didn’t look like a [name_f]Lilia[/name_f].

Now, my second child (and first son) has it picked for his future daughter.

FINALLY

20 Likes

For girls, definitely Persephone!

2 Likes

Now I’m thinking about it… I don’t think there are any names on my longlist that I’ve had forever. [name_f]My[/name_f] name tastes have changed a lot from the time I was a child and then a teenager.

My first name love was [name_f]Amy[/name_f]. Then [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. I don’t care for either now.

The longest name love I currently have is a boy’s name - for the girls maybe [name_f]Ada[/name_f] or [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]?

2 Likes

Both [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] have been on my list forever ! If I can’t have two daughters I’ll probably use both together

3 Likes

Juno, [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] and [name_u]Hero[/name_u]

I have also loved [name_f]Anna[/name_f] forever, but I feel it’s just too close to my name to be usable for me :cry:

8 Likes