the girl i have dreamed of and absolutely no name!!!!!

okay i am 18 weks and due in sept 30 2015.

i have a son [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] and my husband is Dwyne and i am [name_u]Dana[/name_u]. i had a girls name picked out [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] but my sister in law named her daughter katie so i dont want to use it now.
i lost my gram , 3 years ago and have thought about trying to use her name somehow [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] ruth. (she wasnt a fan of ruth ) or i do love my grampas name of [name_f]Mabry[/name_f]. maybree as a girls version.

i am all over the place as far as what i like. i am a stickler on initials not speling anything our last name starts with a P . and i dont want any more D or B names and def not a p. nothing super commn but also nothing that can be shortened or a nickname. thats why im shying away from jillian dont want just [name_f]Jill[/name_f]:confused: or maybree dont want her to be may or bree…

someone help me come up ith a beautiful name for my princess :slight_smile:

So no nn, small chance of getting a nickname, othing with D, B or P, nothing supper common (whatever that means to you)
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] - is common but not [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]-common
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] - not a nn
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]/[name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
maybe [name_f]Dina[/name_f] (dee-na) as a middle name to honour [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]? [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Dina[/name_f] sounds lovely to me, for example.

I feel like I’m not exactly suggesting your style but a bit more info on what your style looks like, would be helpful.
(And regarding [name_f]Mabry[/name_f], there’s a user on here spelling it Maebry, which looks more feminine but not as trendy/“misspelled for the sake of making it look feminine” as Mabree. However, I’d probably still spell it [name_f]Mabry[/name_f] for a girl after all.)

Things I have liked are [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_u]Julie[/name_u] [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

[name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Maud[/name_f]/[name_f]Maude[/name_f]

Since you like [name_f]Elise[/name_f]… how about [name_f]Esme[/name_f]? [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]? It’s soft and pretty. Since you like [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] and [name_u]Julie[/name_u] how about [name_f]Judith[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]? I think [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is lovely.

[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

So no B P or D, and a slim chance of nicknames, [name_m]How[/name_m] about:
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
Azelie
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Asha[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]

First off, I’d like to say I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] has been on my list for a solid six years now. I also like [name_f]Mabry[/name_f], though I hate the spelling Mabree. I’m not a fan of misspelling names for the sake of gender conformity. A PP mentioned the user who used Maebry, which isn’t as bad. I also know a Maebry in real life.

Now, onto suggestions. I will consider your guidelines (no nicknames, small nickname potential, not “super common,” no B,D,P), and I will also take into account how the names flow with [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m].

[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] (very underused as a first name)
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

My favorite is [name_m]Brody[/name_m] + [name_f]Cara[/name_f], followed by [name_m]Brody[/name_m] +[name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_m]Brody[/name_m] + [name_f]Alice[/name_f], and [name_m]Brody[/name_m] +[name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

[name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] + [name_f]Cara[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] sounds perfect to be, but if you want to avoid [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], I think [name_f]Cara[/name_f] [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] is lovely.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Mabry[/name_f] or Maebry and it pairs so nicely with some of your other options. Not feeling Maybree.

[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]

[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_u]Felice[/name_u]
[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
Mabry Cymbeline
Mabry Corisande

[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] is really cute!!!
[name_f]Suzi[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Megan[/name_f]
[name_f]Lara[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_f]Lainie[/name_f]
[name_u]Laine[/name_u]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Emersyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Jenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Marnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Kyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Kylie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Kyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Margarette[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_u]Courtney[/name_u]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Rafaella[/name_f]
[name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_f]Klara[/name_f]
Sienne
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_u]Frannie[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_f]Leila[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Magenta[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Sephira[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]April[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
Are all some cute names that you might like.
Good luck!

[name_f]Avril[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]McKenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegretta[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucretia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Theresa[/name_f]
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

My goodness thank you for all of these suggestions! I am not sure why i am just not falling in love with anything :frowning: I really liked [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] before and i was sure that i was going to use that name but i had a miscarriage and felt like that was that babies name what are your thoughts on that???

Hmm…
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
: )

I know people who have gone ahead with a name they had planned for a baby that they miscarried, and other people who feel like that name already belonged to the baby they lost. I’d say that if it would make you feel sad if you used it, or like it wasn’t fair to your other baby, then don’t. But if it feels more like you’d be honoring your other baby with the name, or like you never really decided on it, then go with it.

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] is such a sweet name. It really fits your idea of a name that people have heard of, but isn’t very common.

[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is really nice, and [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Mabry[/name_f] is so pretty! If I were you I’d use the original spelling of [name_f]Mabry[/name_f] since it’s a family name for you.

Maybe you could spell it [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] and then use a middle name with an R so she’d have the same initials as [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]. I somehow think [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] might get shortened to [name_f]Jill[/name_f] less. I love [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] but I know it’s not for everyone. [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u], [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], something like that?

Since you like [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] and [name_f]Molly[/name_f], maybe [name_f]Holly[/name_f] would be a nice compromise.

If you like [name_f]Heidi[/name_f], maybe you will like [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]? Its my new favorite :slight_smile:

[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is cute. Did you only like it with [name_f]Kate[/name_f] as the middle? You could use [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and avoid using the cousin’s name – and I think it’s even more sweet.

For [name_f]Heidi[/name_f], I think it depends on how you feel about it personally. Some people would go ahead and use the name and some wouldn’t. I really don’t think that there is a “right” answer here. I wouldn’t use the name I called the baby I lost for a different baby, but if you still like [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] and want to use it, and it makes you happy to get to use it, then by all means do it. [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] and [name_m]Brody[/name_m] are a charming duo.

For your family names, I have a couple of ideas. If [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] isn’t quite your thing, you might consider the more fashionable [name_f]Ondine[/name_f] or [name_f]Nadine[/name_f], or even [name_f]Jadine[/name_f] – which keeps the main sounds of [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] while feeling a bit more upbeat. Nameberry has a terrible review on it but I think it’s a nice option, especially for a [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]. You might also consider [name_f]Jade[/name_f] as an update of [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f], because it keeps the beginning sound and the strong D sound. [name_m]Brody[/name_m] and [name_f]Jade[/name_f] would be adorable [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. Incidentally, I initially thought of [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Juno[/name_f], or [name_f]Junia[/name_f] (june-ee-ah) as options that you might like instead of [name_f]Jillian[/name_f].

I would use [name_f]Mabry[/name_f] as it is. I think it’s very usable as a first name or a middle name.

Some combo ideas for you:
[name_f]Jadine[/name_f] [name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Mabry[/name_f]
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f] [name_f]Mabry[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadine[/name_f] [name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] [name_f]Ondine[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]

some ideas:
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicole[/name_f] [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f] [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]
[name_u]Clare[/name_u] [name_f]Mabry[/name_f]

[name_f]Mabry[/name_f] looks a lot better than Mabree (which I’d tend to pronounce Ma [name_f]Bree[/name_f], like in Ma Kettle). I think it’s fine for a girl, but I’d prefer something like [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], [name_f]Julienne[/name_f], [name_f]Alisha[/name_f], Gemme, or anything feminine and traditional.

I do like [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] quinn alot I don’t think either are very common.

Oh I do like [name_f]Nadine[/name_f] Heard that in a while !

My mom threw a hook at me tonight and mentioned [name_f]Leah[/name_f] her middle name. So now I feel like she is wanting me to name baby after her.

Goodness this is hard!!!

Suggestions:

[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]