The Girls of Mallory Towers

I don’t know if anyone else read this series of 6 books- but it was my absolute favorite as a child. I was just looking back at the books and… Wow, the characters have such stunning names! Here are some (not all though!). Which are your favorites? I put a little heart next to my top 3.

Darrell (Main character)
[name_f]Gwendoline[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] :heart:
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_u]Lou[/name_u] :heart:
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] :heart:
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Sally[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
Zeralda (?!)

3 Likes

I adore [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_u]Lou[/name_u], [name_u]June[/name_u] & [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] too, and otherwise I quite like [name_f]Alicia[/name_f].
I was also obsessed with the same author :slightly_smiling_face:

They sound (and look - I googled them) so familiar, but I can’t remember if I read them or not :thinking:

My favourite names from the list are [name_f]Sally[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] :heart:

1 Like

I loved those books. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] & [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_u]Lou[/name_u]

Yes, Mallory Towers!
Gwendoline’s middle name is Mary.
I really like Darrell on a girl.

I loved [name_f]Enid[/name_f] Blyton’s books in general.

I remember loving [name_f]Gwendoline[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]’s name as a child and I like [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] (she went by [name_m]Bill[/name_m], right?) and [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f].

Sally
[name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

Oh, I used to love this! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite names were from [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]’s generation ([name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Amy[/name_f], etc.)

Daphne and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] are beautiful!

I love [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] and Zeralda (maybe a spelling variation of [name_f]Zerelda[/name_f]?) and [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_u]Lou[/name_u] is adorable!

I’ve never heard of these books before, but I just Googled them, and they look awesome!
I fell in love with the name [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] from a series I read as a child, The Sisters Grimm.

This brought back so many memories, I loved this series! I remember being obsessed with the name [name_f]Carlotta[/name_f] thanks to [name_f]Enid[/name_f] Blyton at one point, but that might’ve been from one of her other boarding school series.

I agree with you on your top three, they’re just lovely! The only name on the list which I don’t care for is [name_u]Darrell[/name_u], the rest are such sweet names