The Great Debate

I want to let it be known that I’m not pregnant. We’re not even trying yet. In fact, we won’t be for a few years. The fact of the matter is that my lovely boyfriend is amazing but he HATES almost all the names that I love for future children. We end up discussing names a lot because we both write and characters tend to pop up with questionable names.

My goal recently has been to find a name that he LOVES. Which, of course, hasn’t been easy.

[name]Prior[/name] to meeting him, my favorite girls name was always [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. I still love it. He veto’d the name [name]Lily[/name], but he likes [name]Claire[/name].

My favorite boys name is [name]Evan[/name] [name]Lucas[/name]. He is iffy on [name]Evan[/name] but likes [name]Lucas[/name] since that’s his middle name.

Names we both like:
[name]Katherine[/name] [we cannot agree on a nickname; I like [name]Kat[/name] or [name]Erin[/name]; he likes [name]Katie[/name]]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Adelyn[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] [[name]Luke[/name]]

We also like [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Andie[/name] for girls, though I do not like [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Andrea[/name] [I knew unpleasant people by these names]

So. I guess I’m hoping someone could suggest names we both like so that we can put them on our lists for the future?

[name]Just[/name] another note: I tend to love natureish names. [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], etc.

He tends to like more… conservative names. [name]Claire[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Marie[/name] etc.

Help?

For [name]Andie[/name], you could always do:

[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Calandra[/name]
[name]Fernanda[/name]

or an [name]Anne[/name] name with a D middle name:

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]

Other suggestions:

[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Alina[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
Elowen
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Gloria[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]

[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Anders[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]

[name]Pearl[/name]? That is what popped into my head when I thought classic/nature inspired.

Taking those names, excluding family members with those names, taking the names I like and suggesting them to him…

Waiting for a responce. lol.

I really do like [name]Miranda[/name] or [name]Cassandra[/name] with [name]Andie[/name] for short. Fingers crossed that he likes either!

Alright. So he likes [name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name], but not [name]Andie[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] for short. I could have sworn he liked [name]Andie[/name]. Hrm.

He also likes [name]Elizabeth[/name], but still dislikes [name]Lily[/name].

As for boys, he likes [name]William[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Simon[/name], and [name]Ian[/name].

I mentioned that I “loved [name]Ian[/name]” and he said “it’s okay”

I’ve still yet to WOW him with a name. Lol. I’m starting to wonder if it’s impossible. lol.

[name]Olive[/name] or [name]Olivia[/name]

My I suggest you wait to pick your battle over the name…you might waste a lot of energy and end up liking a different name you want to fight for when you are ready to have children.

Maybe [name]Cassia[/name]? Prn. [name]Cass[/name]-ee-uh. I don’t know why but I thought you guys might like it.

Could you perhaps try [name]Clara[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] instead of [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name]? He could call her [name]Clare[/name] if he doesn’t like [name]Clara[/name], but it gives you a slightly more interesting, though still vintage name. Here are more ideas for you:

[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Christiana[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Russell[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

You guys are amazing <3

I suggested all the names as well as some of the ones I found at work…

[I work at a college and I randomly typed in his last name to see what name people liked for it and came up with a giant list, narrowed that down to what I liked and suggested to him…]

My favorite names from what I found were [name]Sydnie[/name] and [name]Carson[/name]. I was thinking of both as girls names.

He took [name]Carson[/name] to be a boys name. LOL.

[name]Long[/name] story short, I think I pretty much got the WOW reaction I was looking for from the name [name]Carson[/name]. We’ve added [name]Sydnie[/name] and [name]Carson[/name] to our perm. list. =)

abb6: I appreciate the suggestion, but we’re gonna have the name haggle even if I don’t go looking for names. Lol. Since I write so much I suggest names which gets us into the children’s name debate. It’s a neverending cycle. Plus, I like talking about our future kids and their names. We’d have them now if we could afford it.