The "Help Me Appreciate This Name!" Thread

Hello, everyone!

Every so often, I’ll see posts asking for help appreciating a particular name. This is the thread for this!

Generally, it’ll run like this:

Poster 1: [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]?
Poster 2: reasons why they like/appreciate [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]

I’ll start to get the ball rolling: I’ve been on the fence on [name_f]Arrietty[/name_f]. Why do you like the name?

6 Likes

Simona!! Shes refined and classy, and shes got that mysterious quality to her, like [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] (potentially that ‘-mona’ ending has something to do with it?)
But mostly, I feel that [name_f]Simona[/name_f] is strong. This due to some great namesakes, particularly [name_f]Simona[/name_f] Amânar, a Romanian gymnast and olympic champion. A vault was even named after her, one of the most difficult in womens gymnastics! Shes incredible, a total powerhouse. So, I feel that in a way, [name_f]Simona[/name_f] carries all of that strength and power with her, shes a record breaker, a world changer, a pusher of barriers. She is synonomous with change and the wonders of achievement, no matter how big or small. [name_f]Simona[/name_f] is just… a marvel.
im so sorry if that doesnt make sense

Id love to hear what people like about [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]!

4 Likes

Eliza is so adorable :sob: it’s so simple and sweet. It’s a name that can grow and age super well, I can imagine a newborn, a teenager and a grown adult named [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. It’s just so dang cute

Love to hear some comments on Rivera? (B and G)

4 Likes

Rivera, for any gender, means river: powerful and strong, not moving for anyone. They are resilient and strong, going out to change the world for the better. They’re such a flowy name, bold and eloquent. I can imagine a woman, making her way in the world through kindness. I imagine a little girl, sharing her cookie. A little boy, splashing in the water. A grown man, not quitting for no one. Such a solid, versatile choice. I love this name!

Please help me appreciate [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]!

4 Likes

I love [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]!!! It’s sweet but incredibly strong to me. I live in the US where it is not common nowadays, and it is very refreshing to hear. I met a little [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] (about 4 y/o) a few years ago, and it fit her perfectly. I also think [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] or [name_f]Tibby[/name_f] are adorable nns! I have been crushing hard lately on names with the “th” sound, and this is one of recent favorites!

Help me love [name_u]Jem[/name_u]?

3 Likes

Simona is so warm, yet so powerful. She’s a garden of flowers, a loyal friend, and a warm hug.
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] is classic. [name_u]Simone[/name_u] is elegance. [name_f]Simona[/name_f] is a step onward.
It’s actually been you who convinced me about this name, but there you go - what a lovely name it must be if you can make others love it? :blush:
[name_f]Fern[/name_f] adds the perfect touch of … loveliness to [name_f]Simona[/name_f]!

Can someone help me love [name_f]Cosette[/name_f], please?

4 Likes

I have loved [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] since watching [name_u]Les[/name_u] Mis for the first time!!! In the song Castle on a [name_u]Cloud[/name_u] I love how she says “She says [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] I love you very much”, it’s just adorable. It’s so sweet, easy to pronounce/spell, familiar, but an underused gem. I also adore the possible nicknames [name_u]Coco[/name_u] and [name_f]Etta[/name_f]! It’s the perfect sweet spot name and flows well in so many combos too!

Help me love [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] (f)?

2 Likes

Vesper is such a cool name! The meaning ‘evening star’ is absolutely gorgeous, and it’s definitely one of my favorite celestial names. If you named your daughter this, chances are, she’d never meet another girl with her name, and the spelling is very intuitive, making it an overall amazing choice :blush: Plus, there are so many great combos you can make with it.

Help me love [name_m]Monty[/name_m], please?

4 Likes

Monty is adorable, but in a clunky-cool, rather than cutesy, way. It’s got a dapper charm but also feels youthful and quirky. I know a brother set of [name_m]Monty[/name_m] and [name_m]Wilf[/name_m], which are super cool and fun and perfectly British together :grin:

Genevieve please!

3 Likes

[name_m]Long[/name_m], and elegant, with a vast array of nicknames. [name_f]Gen/name_f, [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Evvy[/name_f], [name_f]Neve[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], and a whole lot more. It also has two pronunciations, so if you’re not liking one of them, you can easily switch to the other. It also looks very pretty written down, with all of its es and vs.

Could the next person do [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] for me, please?

1 Like

Winnie is cute, classy and quite traditional with the modern possibility. The nickname [name_u]Win[/name_u] is so cute and sets them up for a very bright future. It’s not too common though and I doubt she’d ever meet another [name_f]Winnie[/name_f].

Tristan ?

1 Like

Tristan is romantic and very dashing. It has old origins and truly stands the test of time. It’s also on trend with the love of Irish names nowadays. If [name_u]Chris[/name_u] Hemsworth chose it, then there must be a reason for it.

Daria?

2 Likes

Daria is such a pretty and classic name. Meaning bringer/upholder of good furthers her well behaved future. Such a pretty name with beautiful origins, it’d be a first choice for many.

Dylan or [name_u]Miles[/name_u]

1 Like

Why not both!
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u] is such a handsome, strong name meaning “son of the sea,” for a boy who is able to flow with the changes life throws at him!
[name_u]Miles[/name_u] is a playful, spunky name that’s the same as [name_u]Miles[/name_u] Morales, Spiderman: both make me picture capable, resilient individuals that are determined and smart.

What are your thoughts on [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]?

4 Likes

[name_m]Phineas[/name_m] is a lovely name that looks good on a child but still ages well and I can picture it on a adult
It also as Phill as a nickname which I find adorable and it always reminds me of the disney show that brings back a lot of good memories

Tell me about [name_f]Kiara[/name_f] or [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]

2 Likes

Oh, [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]! [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] was my grandmother’s middle name. [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] is spunky and fun. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] and determined. She walks softly, but carries a big stick.

Talk to me about [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]

1 Like

I LOVE [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] makes me think of a warm fire place, thick cozy socks and hot coffee. It’s strong and hearty but sweet and fresh, plus it offers the super cute nickname of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lindie[/name_f] the spunkier [name_u]Indie[/name_u] and [name_f]India[/name_f]. It’s just a gorgeous name.

[name_m]Elezri[/name_m] or [name_u]Austen[/name_u] (f)?

2 Likes

Elezri is strong and spunky! It feels like the perfect balance of modern and classic. The ‘Z’ sound really makes the name stand out in a crowd of baby names. It’s one of those names that once you’re told it, you will always remember - it’s a very unforgettable name, that’s for sure! It kind of reminds me of [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], but a more unique and exciting version. :slight_smile:

Mathias?

2 Likes

Matihias is a refined and studious name, it gives off the vibes of a young boy that will do anything to prove his worth and his intellect. He is a smart and polite boy that grows I a handsome man with a handsome name.

[name_u]Chase[/name_u]

1 Like

Chase is youthful, easy to pronounce, simple to spell. [name_u]Chase[/name_u] is a handsome, young man with a stunning smile that gets all the ladies (or guys). He lives in the moment and treats every day like it’s his last.

Greer?

1 Like