The Hunger Games

See the results of this poll: Katniss and Peeta’s Children (boy’s name goes first, then girl’s)

Respondents: 23 (This poll is closed)

• Fraze and Essa : 9 (33%)
  • Orez and Essper : 3 (11%)
  • Glane and Morning Glory : 1 (4%)
  • Gale and Bri : 0 (0%)
  • Flynn and Violet : 10 (37%)
  • Yaem and Poppy: 4 (15%)

Augh, I hated the Hunger Games. But I liked the names they used, so I’ll give it a go. Considering the theme of the book, I reckon they would go for a name like [name]Liberty[/name] or [name]Freedom[/name]. Or a nature name, like most people from District 12.

For the boy or the girl:
[name]Liberty[/name]
[name]Free[/name]
[name]Freedom[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Truth[/name]
[name]True[/name]
[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Clemency[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Lotus[/name]
[name]Lake[/name]
[name]Meadow[/name]

For the girl, how about [name]Liberty[/name] [name]Rue[/name] Mellark, or [name]Clemency[/name] [name]Rue[/name] Mellark? :slight_smile:

(Since [name]Katniss[/name] was kind of mad at [name]Gale[/name] at the end of the books, I’m not sure she’ll call her kid that. I think she’d go for [name]Cinna[/name] or [name]Rue[/name].)

i thought that too, but my sister bella said she thought she might. idk. i don’t think katniss would have gone for any of the exact names of tribures or people who had died in the hunger games/war ( rue, cinna, prim ect) because in the end of the book she talks about how she wants to forget about their deaths and stuff. so i thought, because borth Prim and [name]Rue[/name]'s names originate from flowers and she held those two so close, she may pick a flower name for her daughter ( hence poppy, [name]Morning[/name] [name]Glory[/name] and [name]Violet[/name])

[name]Morning[/name] [name]Glory[/name] is a colloquial term for “sex in the morning”.

I really wish the author would have named them! I was curious myself what names they might use.
The only combo that I liked both names was [name]Flynn[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]. They don’t seem suited for their world though. They would be popular right now.
To tweak your combos, I like: [name]Flint[/name] and [name]Esta[/name], [name]Arrow[/name] and Sia, [name]Pax[/name] and [name]Glory[/name], [name]Roan[/name] and [name]Bree[/name], [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Vida[/name], [name]Bram[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name]
and one more: [name]Ivor[/name] (means archer) and [name]Starling[/name]

Your spoiler alert is too late. You gave it away at the top of the page with the title of the poll. Thanks for ruining it for me. ;( Next time put it in the title of the thread so I don’t click on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with [name]Amber[/name], I think they would maybe use a virtue and a nature name.
SPOILER

If there was a contest to choose the names I’d submit:
Girl: [name]Primula[/name](a type of [name]Primrose[/name], after her sister)
OR Roselle (or a similar Rose name)
Boy: [name]Justice[/name]

I’m sorry for the spoiler alert not being farther up enough! i’m really sorry about that! like for real!

• [name]Evelyn[/name]