The Jill Fan Club

If you want to join the [name]Jill[/name] [name]Fan[/name] Club, you have to:

1. say three lovely things about her
  2. post your favorite name that sounds like [name]Jill[/name] (has to start with a “J”, be a form of [name]Julia[/name] - male or female, or it could rhyme with [name]Jill[/name].)
  3. post your favorite name she ever thinks of.
  4. guess what city she lives in.
  5. guess what her favorite dessert is.

[name]Count[/name] me in!
Ok three things…
She is hilarious and honest at the same time.
She keeps replying to your posts even if she’s the only person responding. And even if she is most likely enjoying the thought of hunting you down and tazering you after your bajillionth question. Yes, you is referring to me in that scenerio :slight_smile:
She attempts to save the world from ‘yooneek’ names.

Form of [name]Julia[/name]…[name]Juliet[/name]!

[name]Favorite[/name] name she usually suggest…[name]Beatrix[/name] :slight_smile:

And city…hmmmm…Seattle… Or somewhere near the ocean and really old light houses.

Oh [name]Susan[/name] must have just added the dessert one…I’m going to go with ice cream…[name]Rocky[/name] Road, especially the marshmallowy parts :slight_smile:

Three lovely things about [name]Jill[/name]:

1. She posts often on Nameberry
  2. She thinks of fun names with great nicknames and middle names.
  3. She posts late at night so I can kind of dialogue with her!

A name that sounds like [name]Jill[/name]:
[name]Willa[/name]

My favorite name that she often thinks of:
[name]Anne[/name], hmm, it’s the name of her doll, but I don’t know if it’s [name]Anne[/name] or [name]Ann[/name].

Where does she live?
Sometimes I think she lives on the [name]East[/name] Coast and has insomnia. She sounds very proper and educated so she could be from, say [name]Boston[/name]. But since she posts late at night, perhaps she lives in the L.A. area like me. Maybe she lives in Thousand [name]Oaks[/name]. That’s a lovely place.

Her favorite dessert:
lemon chiffon pie

1. She replies to EVERYONE, no matter what their story or request.
  2. She puts a lot of thought into each of her suggestions.
  3. She has great one liners - like the one about the parent who fell asleep on their keyboard and came up with their child’s name!! (I think it may have been Kaydnz)

[name]Willow[/name]

There have been so many that I couldn’t choose, but I share her love of [name]Georgia[/name]!

Where does she live?
I have no idea because I live in Australia!

Her favorite dessert:
Chocolate mud cake

I must join!!!

1. She has helped me more than I can ever express in words with choosing my baby girl’s name(s) :slight_smile:
  2. She has impeccable taste in names.
  3. She is very kind, and oh so helpful!!! :slight_smile:

I will go with [name]Jessamine[/name], one of my favorite “J” names :slight_smile:

I can’t choose! Her suggestion of [name]Bellamy[/name] for my [name]Blake[/name] has left such an impression on me. I love that name!!

Where does she live?
Oh, I have no idea! Maybe somewhere on the [name]West[/name] Coast?

Her favorite dessert:
Hmm… some sort of cake :slight_smile:

Me too!!

1. She makes loads of sense, everything is well written and not OVER written…if that makes sense :slight_smile: (See I have troubles there :slight_smile: )
  2. You can tell how much she cares.
  3. She helps EVERYONE and always with a smile!

Juiliana

[name]Oliver[/name]/[name]Cora[/name]

Where does she live?
Oregon?

Her favorite dessert:
Chocolate Mousse!

1. She always responds with advice and an honest opinion

2. She gives many alternitive options

3. She obviously spends time thinking of many names and a thoughtful response to all of the questions

4. Plus she loves my names… [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name]! haha :slight_smile:

5. [name]William[/name] “[name]Will[/name]”

6. [name]Jane[/name]

7. Some where in FL

8. anything peanut butter chocolate!

I’m a fan of [name]Jill[/name]…she is the name expert! I always wait to read what [name]Jill[/name]'s response is because you can trust that she will suggest names of style and class! She also takes in account how the names sound with siblings and surnames. Out of curiosity, I think everyone would love to know what she named her own children. [name]Jill[/name] is a trusted friend to all of us moms who need solid name advice! Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]!

[name]Favorite[/name] name that sounds like [name]Jill[/name]: [name]Juliet[/name]

[name]Favorite[/name] name she ever thinks of: [name]Eliza[/name]

Guess what city she lives in: [name]Atlanta[/name], [name]Georgia[/name]

Guess what her favorite dessert is: [name]Godiva[/name] Chocolates (the best quality chocolate!)

1. Her taste in names is classic and flawless.

2. She tries to help everyone, even if you can tell just by reading that she is not going to like their names. She is very polite and never demeaning. She also catches things (eg - [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] = [name]Queen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]) She also gives you tons of suggestions, not just one.

3. When you are looking for a name with a certain style or sound, she finds it, even if you didn’t know that’s the name you wanted. (Does that make sense?)

4. post your favorite name that sounds like [name]Jill[/name]
    [name]Jillian[/name] (even though, I, too, am just [name]Jill[/name])

5. post your favorite name she ever thinks of.
    [name]Gemma[/name] or [name]Evangeline[/name]

6. guess what city she lives in.
    Cape Cod

7. guess what her favorite dessert is.
    moosetracks ice cream

Oh I MUST join!

1. She truly cares about people on here and wants to help us even when we are being nutty!

2. She is tactful whem she tells you she just isn’t in love with a name and would never want to hurt anyone’s feelings

3. She gets “style” and why some names might not sound anything alike but can still evoke the same emotion. Her suggestions go way beyond the typical and have hugely broadened my name horizon! (Without her I am not sure I would have discovered [name]Everett[/name] which is in my top two now for boys!)

4. post your favorite name that sounds like [name]Jill[/name]
    [name]Jillian[/name] again, because I love it

5. post your favorite name she ever thinks of: [name]Everett[/name].

6. guess what city she lives in.
    San [name]Fran[/name]

7. guess what her favorite dessert is: really good homemade vanilla ice cream or frozen custard (classic but hard to do well)

1. -Her lists are always tailored to the style of the poster, not just the same list of her own favorites over and over.
  • She takes the time to actually create these individualized lists.
  • Her list of suggestions sometimes include my own daughter’s name ([name]Laura[/name]), thereby making it more hip!
  1. [name]Lillian[/name]

2. [name]Laura[/name] - see #1 above :slight_smile:

3. Los [name]Angeles[/name]

4. Pinkberry frozen yogurt

1. say three lovely things about her
  • [name]Jill[/name] is very calm when people panic over a name or names at the last minute
  • She responds to each person to their individual question- with many, many suggestions and never pushy about what she likes, only suggests what sounds better
  • She has a very thorough knowledge of names and how they sound, whether they go or are too matchy with other names, and how they will be perceived and how popular they might be
  1. post your favorite name that sounds like [name]Jill[/name] (has to start with a “J”, be a form of [name]Julia[/name] - male or female, or it could rhyme with [name]Jill[/name].)
    [name]Sylvia[/name]? [name]Julia[/name], [name]Phillip[/name]. LOTS.

2. post your favorite name she ever thinks of.

• [name]Genevieve[/name]
  1. guess what city she lives in.
  • Chicago
  1. guess what her favorite dessert is.
  • Brownies with no nuts in them.

Oh, thank you so much, [name]Susan[/name] and every single one of you! I wish you could see me now, sitting here with a huge smile and happy tears running down my face. :slight_smile: This means the world to me! I don’t even know what to say, but I’m just so glad I’ve “met” all of you here and wish I could give you a big hug! :slight_smile:

1. (I’ll skip this one, but I’m going to print out your replies and read them whenever I’m having a bad day!) :slight_smile:

2. [name]Julia[/name]

3. I love so many of the names you all suggest on here, and I loved reading your replies!

4. I’d tell you where I am, but I have a blog for Nameberry coming out next week (thanks for that opportunity, [name]Pam[/name]!), and am afraid to reveal where I am at the moment. I’m moving to [name]Boston[/name] soon, though (yeah, I revealed that, but who cares?), and you’re all invited over for dinner with your beautiful babies, okay? :slight_smile:

I can’t recall who mentioned my babies, but I haven’t had my children yet, and hope you’ll all still be here when it’s that time of my life, which I’m hoping will be relatively soon! :slight_smile:

1. I will eat anything sweet if it’s not bolted down :-), but my favorites include ice cream (it must have chocolate sprinkles), warm chocolate chip cookies (I found the best recipe recently), chocolate mousse, pie…I love it all! :slight_smile:

2. I’m going to come back and say nice things about you all, too! :slight_smile:

Thanks infinity for this! :slight_smile:

I’ve gotten to know some of you better than others, but I’m going to give this my best shot! :slight_smile: As a given, each of you is bright, kind, sensitive, warm, and extremely thoughtful. :slight_smile:

[name]Susan[/name]: [name]Susan[/name] is seriously creative and witty, and writes such vivid, imaginative descriptions of everything! I love how open and honest she is, too, and how she’s always open to new things. [name]Susan[/name] is adventurous! :slight_smile: [name]Reading[/name] [name]Susan[/name]'s posts on nameberry in the site’s early days made me want to join!

[name]Jane[/name]: [name]Jane[/name] is elegantly confident and assertive, and I think it’s beyond awesome and admirable! (I also love her humor, too!) Although she waffled a bit about naming her twins at first, she knew what she liked, and wasn’t going to let the haters get her down. (I’ve seen that phrase, “[name]Don[/name]'t let the haters get you down,” on a lot of message boards, and have always wanted to use it. Thanks, [name]Jane[/name], for helping me fulfill a dream.) I hope her twins, [name]Phineas[/name] and [name]Barnaby[/name], are doing well! :slight_smile:

ErinLouise: I haven’t posted a lot with [name]Erin[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (I hope that changes!), but from what I know so far, I love her name combo, and really appreciate her upbeat personality and the positivity she spreads on Nameberry. When I read her posts, I picture her beautiful accent, which makes everything sound nicer. I always smile when I see a post from ErinLouise. :slight_smile:

[name]Kristen[/name]: [name]Kristen[/name] seriously has a selfless heart of gold, and I cried when I read that she wanted to name her baby girl [name]Blake[/name], after her husband’s brother who passed away. The sentiment was more important to her than sticking with a first name closer to her usual style, and I think that’s amazing and special. Not everyone would do that. She’s also gracious!

Zard: I love how Zard asks for constructive criticism and then responds with such class, kindness, and dignity. She seems so “together” (if that makes sense), and is like an oasis of calm and politeness. I really love her lists, too, and hope her baby, [name]Emery[/name], is doing well!

[name]Rica[/name]: [name]Rica[/name] is really creative, and has been coming up with awesome lists! She’s open and honest, and isn’t afraid to say what she thinks, which is great! I started to love the name [name]Isla[/name] because of [name]Rica[/name], and will always associate her with the name. [name]Rica[/name] is a sweetheart.

Mom1: Mom and I have only posted together briefly, but I think she is a total sweetheart. I thought it was so sweet and caring how didn’t want her second baby girl’s name to take away from her daughter [name]Caitlin[/name]'s name (you know, being too frilly or exotic in comparison). Not everyone thinks like that, but Mom does! She also doesn’t bite your head off if you don’t like something she does, and that’s always a plus. :slight_smile:

[name]Jillian[/name]: I haven’t posted much with [name]Jillian[/name], but I love her perky personality and thoughtful posts. [name]Jillian[/name] stikes me as very warm and considerate, and I hope to see her write more wondeful posts on nameberry! (I always pretended that my name was [name]Jillian[/name] when I was little!) :slight_smile:

ErinPurple: [name]Erin[/name] is a kind, thoughtful mommy-to-be, and I truly appreciate her honesty and excitement. I love how she doesn’t go all postal if someone doesn’t like one of her names, and she never shies away from putting herself out there. (She gives great suggestions, too!)

[name]Sarah[/name]: I think [name]Sarah[/name] is pretty new here, but from the posts I’ve read, she’s really funny and tells things like they are. She gives great suggestions, too, and I get a kick out of a lot of the witty things she says. (And for the record, I love the name [name]Laura[/name], and would use it in a heartbeat if it wasn’t my cousin’s name.) :slight_smile:

[name]Karen[/name]: I love reading [name]Karen[/name]'s thoughtful, well-written, well-reasoned posts. [name]Karen[/name] strikes me as a very thoughtful, helpful person, and I love how she always goes the extra mile to inform people about the names they love. She really seems to care. [name]Karen[/name] calls it like it is, and isn’t afraid to do so.

Each of you is very special! :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name], what you said about me is really kind. I’m going to write it down on a piece of paper and keep it in my special drawer!
I love what you said about all the posters. This is a great record of the posters at Nameberry. It is hard for me to keep track of them all and what their babies names are. I can look at this list often to help me remember who everyone is. It would be cool if all the posters could copy what you said about them and add some more. I am so visual that it would really help me if I had pictures of everyone or at least they could say what color hair they have and the color of their eyes.

[name]Jill[/name], what you said about me is really kind. I’m going to write it down on a piece of paper and keep it in my special drawer!
I love what you said about all the posters. This is a great record of the posters at Nameberry. It is hard for me to keep track of them all and what their babies names are. I can look at this list often to help me remember who everyone is. It would be cool if all the posters could copy what you said about them and add some more. I am so visual that it would really help me if I had pictures of everyone or at least they could say what color hair they have and the color of their eyes.

I’m glad you read it [name]Susan[/name]. ([name]Don[/name]'t forget to add it to the other things I wrote on your Hipster thread!) A lot of people say that I look very much like a young [name]Mary[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Moore[/name], but I don’t know about that. (I met her and [name]Valerie[/name] [name]Harper[/name] separately, and they both said that, so it must be true. I don’t see it that much, though!) I have brown hair that’s kind of reddish, and green eyes.

What about you?

I am so glad of this opportunity for us to show our appreciation to [name]Jill[/name]. Though I have never actually posted any questions on the message board I always enjoy reading [name]Jill[/name]'s wonderful answers. I am really looking forward to [name]Jill[/name]'s Blog next week!

3 [name]Lovely[/name] Things About [name]Jill[/name]-

1. [name]Jill[/name] always gives thoughtful, detailed naming advice addressing every part of the poster’s question with respect and sensitivity.
  2. [name]Jill[/name] has an exquisite understanding of names and knows just the right names that sound right together.
    3.[name]Jill[/name] is very welcoming to newcomers on Nameberry and is extremely helpful and friendly towards them.

My [name]Favorite[/name] Name that has a connection to the name [name]Jill[/name]-
[name]Lil[/name]

My [name]Favorite[/name] Name that [name]Jill[/name] often suggests-
[name]Clementine[/name]

Area where [name]Jill[/name] lives-
Somewhere not too far from [name]Boston[/name]

[name]Jill[/name]'s favorite desert-
Caramel Mud Cake

Can’t wait for your Blog Post next week [name]Jill[/name] and hope your identity will be revealed! You are very much admired in Nameberry [name]Land[/name]!

I’m glad you read it [name]Susan[/name]. ([name]Don[/name]'t forget to add it to the other things I wrote on your Hipster thread!) A lot of people say that I look very much like a young [name]Mary[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Moore[/name], but I don’t know about that. (I met her and [name]Valerie[/name] [name]Harper[/name] separately, and they both said that, so it must be true. I don’t see it that much, though!) I have brown hair that’s kind of reddish, and green eyes.

What about you?[/quote]
Sounds like you’re very pretty!
I look like [name]Roger[/name] [name]Ebert[/name]! No, just kidding. But sometimes when I look in the mirror I think I look like him. Then it’s time to wash my hair!
I just asked my husband what actress I look like. He said, [name]Juliet[/name] Binoche. Maybe he’s trying to butter me up. When I was younger, one of my friends said I looked like [name]Nastassia[/name] Kinski. Yeah! Another one said I looked like [name]Isabella[/name] Rosselini. Yeah! But then another one of my friends said I looked like Janeanne Garofolo (sp?) I said, mmm? I wasn’t sure about that! But I think I do look like her.
Anyway, now I’m almost 50 and fatter. Blah! But not wrinkled. I have hazel eyes and dyed hair with blonde streaks in it.
My kids are gorgeous! [name]Peter[/name] looks like [name]Tobey[/name] [name]McGuire[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] looks slightly like [name]Julia[/name] Styles if [name]Julia[/name] Styles had thick, really curly hair. My husband looks like [name]Tommy[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Jones[/name] if he were younger and pudgier.
Thank you for what you wrote on the Hipster thread.
You know, all this turned out for the best.
Some people tried to hurt your feelings, but now we have a [name]Jill[/name] [name]Fan[/name] Club and the posters are all closer than ever. It definitely has been a bonding experience so thank you, creator of Johhhnnnieee Vycttorya or whatever it was.

Oh, [name]Rosamund[/name], thank you so much for taking the time to post such sweet words about me! I’m very flattered, and I really appreciate your kindness. I’ll be in [name]Boston[/name] soon, and I do love caramel! I’m just me, so there’s no exciting identity to be revealed in my blog entry, except for some information about my life. I do hope you’ll read and enjoy it, though! :slight_smile:

I do hope you’ll consider posting on Nameberry, [name]Rosamund[/name] (I love that name!).

[name]Rosamund[/name]: I only met her a few minutes ago, but I think she’s very kind, sensitive, and genuine. :slight_smile: