The Jill Fan Club

I’m glad you read it [name]Susan[/name]. ([name]Don[/name]'t forget to add it to the other things I wrote on your Hipster thread!) A lot of people say that I look very much like a young [name]Mary[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Moore[/name], but I don’t know about that. (I met her and [name]Valerie[/name] [name]Harper[/name] separately, and they both said that, so it must be true. I don’t see it that much, though!) I have brown hair that’s kind of reddish, and green eyes.

What about you?[/quote]
Sounds like you’re very pretty!
I look like [name]Roger[/name] [name]Ebert[/name]! No, just kidding. But sometimes when I look in the mirror I think I look like him. Then it’s time to wash my hair!
I just asked my husband what actress I look like. He said, [name]Juliet[/name] Binoche. Maybe he’s trying to butter me up. When I was younger, one of my friends said I looked like [name]Nastassia[/name] Kinski. Yeah! Another one said I looked like [name]Isabella[/name] Rosselini. Yeah! But then another one of my friends said I looked like Janeanne Garofolo (sp?) I said, mmm? I wasn’t sure about that! But I think I do look like her.
Anyway, now I’m almost 50 and fatter. Blah! But not wrinkled. I have hazel eyes and dyed hair with blonde streaks in it.
My kids are gorgeous! [name]Peter[/name] looks like [name]Tobey[/name] [name]McGuire[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] looks slightly like [name]Julia[/name] Styles if [name]Julia[/name] Styles had thick, really curly hair. My husband looks like [name]Tommy[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Jones[/name] if he were younger and pudgier.
Thank you for what you wrote on the Hipster thread.
You know, all this turned out for the best.
Some people tried to hurt your feelings, but now we have a [name]Jill[/name] [name]Fan[/name] Club and the posters are all closer than ever. It definitely has been a bonding experience so thank you, creator of Johhhnnnieee Vycttorya or whatever it was.[/quote]

I totally pictured you as a pretty blonde, so blonde streaks is close! (And thanks for saying I sound pretty.) :slight_smile: Your kids sound gorgeous, and they certainly have lovely names to match! [name]Peter[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], right? Beautiful! (And I don’t want to forget your kitty named Mokey. I used to love Fraggle [name]Rock[/name] when I was little, and Mokey was a cool Fraggle. Gobo and [name]Red[/name] were the main Fraggles, but Mokey totally owned every room she entered.) :slight_smile:

And I agree that this all turned out for the best, but that wouldn’t have been possible without you and everyone else who decided to say kind, supportive things. None of you had to say anything, but you did. It’s so wonderful knowing how many fantastic people frequent Nameberry! What a wondeful place! :slight_smile:

Oh my goodness [name]Jill[/name], you have made ME cry now!!! I cannot express to you how much your words have touched me :slight_smile: I’m going to have to print them out, too, and keep them somewhere special for whenever I need a boost. You are too kind. Thank you, you’ve made my day!!!

Oh my goodness [name]Jill[/name], you have made ME cry now!!! I cannot express to you how much your words have touched me :slight_smile: I’m going to have to print them out, too, and keep them somewhere special for whenever I need a boost. You are too kind. Thank you, you’ve made my day!!![/quote]

You’re welcome! It’s the truth! :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry I didn’t respond to this thread earlier! I didn’t see it until now because I never check the games! [name]Jill[/name], I would have responded hours ago had I known!

1. a) You are always honest and never mean! I so appreciate when you tell the truth about a name (like [name]Otis[/name]!).
    b) It’s incredible how you respond to everyone. You definitely make me feel like you really care! And you don’t just care about names, you care about people!
    c) You are hilarious! Sometimes you say things that make me literally laugh out loud, I love it!
  1. I was going to pick [name]Jillian[/name], but that’s been done… so, I think [name]Gil[/name] ([name]Gill[/name]?) is cool for a boy!

2. [name]Xavier[/name]! But I love most of the names you suggest!

3. [name]Columbus[/name], Ohio… I don’t know why I think this… my next choice was going to be [name]Boston[/name]… I could see you in Annapolis, Maryland! (It’s classic and cool, just like you!)

4. Well, this is cheating because I already read what you said… but I imagine you like Pazookies… if they have them where you live… I forgot what restaurant they’re from, but they’re a giant hot cookie with ice cream on top… delicious!

I can totally see you looking like [name]Mary[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Moore[/name], and lucky you for meeting her! I almost met [name]Julie[/name] Andrews, once, but I didn’t get to.

I’m kinda tallish, 5’8"… I used to have brown hair, but since [name]Dash[/name] was born it’s pretty much black. I have really fair skin and blue eyes. I have a tattoo of a bluebird from [name]Snow[/name] White on my shoulder. When I was little someone told me I looked like the girl from My Girl. I don’t like my hair right now, it’s kind of a bob, with straight bangs, and kind of choppy… I told one of my friends I didn’t like it, and she said “It’s too punk rock for you, isn’t it?”… I’m trying to grow it out now. I normally have a medium length bob with swoopy bangs! Oh, and I used to be a lot cuter until I got pregnant and gained a thousand pounds and I still haven’t lot hardly any!

Back on subject: [name]Jill[/name] Rocks!

P.S. I’m excited for your blog!

[name]Jill[/name],

Thank you so much for all the kind words! I am not sure I have it all together but I do what I can with a new baby and all :). I will say I am a very laid back person. And I love getting everyones’ feedback so I am happy that I am polite in my responses!

[name]Love[/name] your comments on your looks! You def don’t sound like you are sore on the eyes!

Thank you so much, [name]Jill[/name]! I live in [name]Boston[/name], so when I read that you were moving here, I felt like I won the [name]Jill[/name] [name]Fan[/name] Club [name]Baby[/name] Name Game! I have one more thing, well two more. 1. I really appreciate the way you can answer just about everyone. There are some threads I feel I have nothing for and some are just more interesting to me. You take interest in the naming of everyone’s babies, and I think that means a lot to people - when they need help, you and several others just keep it together and pitching out a lot of suggestions.

The 2nd thing was something funny from you I read the first time I started reading the message board. It is in the secret name heresies thread, in a long list of names you analyzed one by one, this one stood out to me:

"[name]Duncan[/name]: Donuts. "

Now that I know you’re coming to live in the world capital of Dunkin’ Donuts (there are a reported 1,100 Dunkin’ Donuts within a 50-mile radius of [name]Boston[/name] - there are fewer than 9000 franchises worldwide), I’m sure you will never be able to rid yourself of the association. It made me laugh when I saw it and I knew that I’d have a lot of fun here!

Aw thanks [name]Jill[/name]! You are so sweet! And yes we will be here when you are finding names for your little bean, but something tells me you pretty much have your mind made up :slight_smile:

The thing I have come to realize is that no matter what name you choose you will never find one that everyone loves! A great example of this is my love for [name]Elliott[/name] as a girls name (well I actually love it for both boy or girl but DH only likes it for a girl!)… when I posted that on my list I got major extremes. Some people said that they don’t usually like unisex names for girls but love love love this, while others said they think it is ridiculous and there are plenty of girls names out there so essentially don’t steal this one from the boys. (For the record if I remember correctly [name]Jill[/name], you didnt say you hated it but liked my other choices better… always so tactful!) Now in my heart I knew that people might hate it but actually it was exciting to me to see that some people actually liked it too!

Okay a short description of me since now I can picture both you and [name]Susan[/name]… Im am due in [name]December[/name] with baby #1, been married 2 years and live in the Midwest. I will be 28 in [name]October[/name] and have blue-green eyes and auburn/strawberry blonde curly, thick hair. Some people say I look kind of like [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman but honestly she is MUCH prettier and skinnier! LOL I am not quite as fair skinned as her and have more freckles. People also say that my voice sounds like [name]Melanie[/name] [name]Griffith[/name] which cracks me up.

This was a nice little getting to know you thread [name]Susan[/name]! Great idea to pay honor to [name]Jill[/name] as she is really so very much appreciated! (As are YOU [name]Susan[/name]! You always have great input and very thoughtful and creative suggestions! The two of you have the opinions that matter most to me here.)

I wasn’t going to post abt myself because I didn’t really know what to say but here ya go!

I am a midwesterner transplanted to the “great” state of TX! I had a beautiful baby girl in [name]April[/name] about a month before my 1st wedding anniversary. I am pretty average height 5’6ish abt 90% long arms and legs 5% very thick (naturally strawberry blonde) hair :slight_smile: I color it a little darker. I have very greyish light blue eyes. When my hair is long I have been told I look like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Hurley[/name]… Right now I just try to get out of the house with make up on!

Fun Facts:
I am one of 5 children

My mom had 3 sisters no brothers. My dad had 4 brothers no sisters.

I used to think my name was boring but now I love it and don’t want to share it with a daughter :slight_smile:

I always say God gave me so much hair so no one would notice how small my head is.

And I hate my nameberry username! Many friends call me [name]Liz[/name]“zard” and my husband sometimes shortens that to Zard. So when I made the username I didn’t think people would ever have to refer to me as Zard!

Oops quote thing got messed up…most likely my fault, but Miss [name]Jill[/name] wrote: [name]Jane[/name]: [name]Jane[/name] is elegantly confident and assertive, and I think it’s beyond awesome and admirable! (I also love her humor, too!) Although she waffled a bit about naming her twins at first, she knew what she liked, and wasn’t going to let the haters get her down. (I’ve seen that phrase, “[name]Don[/name]'t let the haters get you down,” on a lot of message boards, and have always wanted to use it. Thanks, [name]Jane[/name], for helping me fulfill a dream.) I hope her twins, [name]Phineas[/name] and [name]Barnaby[/name], are doing well!

And I ([name]Jane[/name]), who is trying to wipe spit up off the keyboard wrote:
Awww [name]Jill[/name], (ewwwie I missed a spot…) your so sweet!

As for my boys, yeah they’re okay. But more about me! :slight_smile:
Let’s see I’m 24 and have very blue eyes, and brown hair. Before the twins were born it
used to be so long and I loved it. And then I went to the store and some ummm…‘lovely’ lady who kept staring at my gigantic twin tummy told me that mommies shouldn’t have long
hair. Needless to say, that was a very emotionally unstable time for me, and I got it cut to a little bit above my shoulders. I cried for so long after I got it cut and I still really miss
it. But, as my husband so nicely pointed out, by the time I ever leave the house, it will be back to it’s long, normal self. Which I hope isn’t true.
Hmmm…a celebrity that looks like me… Oh [name]Sandra[/name] Bullock! Except for the hair. And
body. And face. Ok so maybe I just love her. But thats what I would love to look like. Or maybe if you were standing at the opposite end of the footballfield and squinted your eyes, I could possibly pass as [name]Kate[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] with dark hair for at least .0003 of a second.
Or [name]Isla[/name] [name]Fisher[/name]! Now I’m just listing celebrities I absolutely love, but one can dream, right?

And [name]Barnaby[/name] and [name]Phineas[/name] really are good babies, if you’re comparing them to some sort mythological man-eating creature. Times 2. It’s been almost 2 and a half months since I officially lost my sanity, a.k.a. the boys’ birthday. At first, every week I would start to cry because my babies were growing up so fast. That stopped after week three. I am now counting down until they move out and go to college. Or at least kindergarten. I still really love their names, but they are identical…and I am forgetful…so we either take a random guess or point. And I was really worried about the nickname thing, but I, I mean, THEY prefer to go by their full names. Thanks for letting me share. I really need to get out more…

I always feel so unbelievably awkward writing about myself, but I figured it was the least I could do. A great suggestion, [name]Susan[/name]! I love reading about you wonderful gals, and you all sound utterly beautiful!

I am a pure southern girl! I was born in a small town in far southern Oklahoma and moved up to OKC to attend college. It was there I met [name]James[/name], my gorgeous husband of nearly two years and the love of my life :slight_smile: Our anniversary is [name]August[/name] 2. I am 24 years old and about seven months pregnant with our first child, our precious little [name]Blake[/name].

On the physical side of things” oh, I hate describing myself! I am on the taller side, about 5”10” or so. I am all legs, which is both a blessing and a curse! My hair is also extremely, annoyingly thick, and is a dark brown color. I have green eyes, which are my favorite feature. I have been told by about a handful of people, my husband included, that I look like [name]Megan[/name] [name]Fox[/name], and as much of a compliment as that is, I just can”t see it! She”s too pretty and skinny, haha!

Fun Facts:
I am an only child! My husband is one of three.

Before [name]James[/name] came along, I swore my one true love in this life was my 1998 Z28 Camaro. His name is [name]Bee[/name], short for Bumblebee. I am a huge car person and he is still my big metal baby!

My mom very seriously considered naming me [name]Rio[/name], after the [name]Duran[/name] [name]Duran[/name] song. To be honest with you, I still have a soft spot for it! I still sometimes wish I had been named [name]Rio[/name] [name]Kristen[/name], or at least [name]Kristen[/name] [name]Rio[/name]!

We have 2 dogs named [name]Chevy[/name] and [name]Shelby[/name], and a cat named Sparta.

I used to hate the color pink, but now that I am having a baby girl, I love it :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name], you definitley choked me up! (I’m not very good at getting compliments, but thank you very much!) I’m so very happy I found this place. I think it helps me feel sane some days. :slight_smile: (My job gets a little dull…but I always have Nameberry to turn to!)

A little about me:
I just turned 24 and have been married to [name]Dan[/name] for almost 2 years, but we’ve been together for almost 7 years. I can’t believe its been that long! We don’t have any children yet, but we have our adorable cockapoo puppy (she’s 6months old) named [name]Kyra[/name]. She’s the reason I found nameberry…trying to name her. That was a task and a half, so I can just imagine what kids will be like! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I hope you all are still here in a few years (when we have children) so you can all help me out! :slight_smile:

I’m short… I say I’m 5’4" on a good day :slight_smile: I’m a brunette with brown eyes and only one dimple. People usually find it really strange that I only have one, but I love it! My dad use to tell me that he had two before I was born and that I stole one (ours are on opposite sides) I hate to admit that I believed him for quite some time :wink:
My husband used to tell me I look like [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] Cook and maybe a little like [name]Rachel[/name] McAdams. I think he’s just trying to flatter me :slight_smile: I think my face is sorta shaped like [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] Cook, though… But my hair is curly. :slight_smile:
I live in Wisconsin, born and raised! And my favorite dessert is…cheesecake. ANYTHING cheesecake :slight_smile:

Interesting fact:
Hmm…my dad was born in [name]Italy[/name]. My grandparents still have terrible accents! Sometimes I feel like I have to translate their English for people :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I love my Italian roots, but for some reason I’m really pulled to Irish names…I don’t get it either :slight_smile:

Ohk, and I love it here at Nameberry!! :slight_smile:

AAAHH! I have so much I want to say now, but I have to go to somewhere in a minute! I just quickly have to thank [name]Lyndsay[/name] for her sweet words (you’ll get your little paragraph when I get back) for taking a stand the other day and saying what you did yesterday (I saw it). :slight_smile:

I love all of your babies’ names and your lists of potential names! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] all, I just wanted to pop in and say that I appreciate [name]Jill[/name], too, and I’m sorry to hear that things got negative. These are generally such good-natured boards but it’s still easy to misunderstand each other and let differences of opinion become personal. I would have posted earlier but I couldn’t think of three specific things to say that didn’t sound trite, and I haven’t been posting for all that long, so I’ll just share a little in general. Speaking as someone who cringes when you describe a name as “trashy,” [name]Jill[/name], I still respect your candor and don’t doubt your good intentions. I have to admit that you’ve made me laugh out loud on here and have taken the words right out of my mouth more than once. The fact is, none of us made the world the way it is, and being uncomfortable with elitism (not referring specifically to you here, I assure you), doesn’t mean that I can magically change the minds of all the people who think a name I like sounds like a poor, or uneducated, or stripper name. Please don’t be discouraged; we need both the enthusiasm and the honesty here, and we’ll all hash things out. I look forward to checking out your new blog. :slight_smile:

[name]Lyndsay[/name]: [name]Lyndsay[/name] is awesome, and speaks her mind with confidence! (I don’t think she’s a B-word, like she said in another post!) To me, she seems like one of those people you can always count on, in good and bad times. I think of her as an “anchor” of sorts. I think she’s wise beyond her years, not to mention amazingly genuine! I hope baby [name]Dash[/name] is doing well! :slight_smile: (By the way, I’ve never had a pazookie, but I want one!)

Oh my gosh! That was so fun learning what you all look like, and I think it will be great being able to attach faces with our posts. :slight_smile:

[name]Lyndsay[/name]: I love “My Girl,” and have seen it so many times, that I know it by heart. I think [name]Anna[/name] Chlumsky is gorgeous in that movie, and I’m sure you are, too! I totally pictured you with dark hair (got the eyes part wrong, though), and have honestly imagined you with a tattoo! By the way, I saw [name]Julie[/name] Andrews in [name]Victor[/name]/[name]Victoria[/name] right before she had the vocal chord surgery that ruined her voice. (I was in the front row, but that’s as close as I got to meeting her. I imagine her being just as lovely in person as she is in the movies, don’t you? I’d hate to find out that she’s nasty!)

Zard: I definitely pictured you as a blonde, but with blue eyes. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Hurley[/name]? I think she’s gorgeous! I wouldn’t mind looking like her! :slight_smile: [name]Ah[/name], so that’s why you’re Zard! I’ve been wondering that for a while now. If it’s okay, I’d love to call you [name]Elizabeth[/name]!

[name]Karen[/name]: You’re in [name]Boston[/name]? Woo-hoo! :slight_smile: [name]How[/name] cool! On my “to do” list, I’ve just added “Eat at every [name]Duncan[/name] Donuts in the tri-state area.” I’m really glad you decided to start posting here! (I’ll picture you with brown hair and blue eyes until further notice.) :-

[name]Erin[/name]: Wow! [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman? [name]How[/name] gorgeous! I totally thought you were a brunette, so I lost a bunch of points here. I cracked up about your [name]Melanie[/name] [name]Griffith[/name] thing, because I love “Working Girl.” I may have to start calling you [name]Tess[/name] now. :slight_smile: I can relate to the voice thing, because I have a very young voice (I have trouble buying airline tickets over the phone, for example, because they think I’m under 15), and I never hear the end of it from friends. (By the way, I honestly do love [name]Elliott[/name], but went with [name]Claire[/name] on your list simply because of [name]Charles[/name]. On the girls’ list, I picked something other than [name]Elliott[/name] only because I think you paired it with a sister named [name]Alexandra[/name], and I was worried about the boy mistake again. I think [name]Elliott[/name] is strong and elegant, like [name]Kristen[/name]'s [name]Blake[/name].) :slight_smile:

[name]Jane[/name]: [name]Jane[/name], I totally had you as a brunette, too! I laughed out loud at the [name]Sandra[/name] Bullock comments you made (“Except for the hair. And body. And face.”) You crack me up! :slight_smile: I think [name]Sandra[/name] Bullock is gorgeous, and I think you’re so lucky for even looking remotely like her! I’m so happy to hear that your boys are doing well and loving their names!

[name]Kristen[/name]: I thought you were a blonde, so I’m a losing streak now! [name]Megan[/name] [name]Fox[/name]? Wow! You must be very, very beautiful! [name]Blake[/name]'s going to get some great genes! :slight_smile: I loved learning about your cars and your brush with becoming a [name]Rio[/name]. I loved that song when I was growing up! Her name is [name]Rio[/name]…

[name]Rica[/name]: Now, this was really weird, because I’ve always imagined you looking like [name]Rachael[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] Cook! (Did you write that on here before?) Spooky! I think she’s so, so pretty, and would love to look like her!

You all sound gorgeous, but most importantly, you’re beautiful on the inside, where it truly counts. :slight_smile:

I hope you’re all having a great night! (And the same goes for anyone reading this!) :slight_smile:

You def can call [name]Elizabeth[/name]!

Watch out mean posters! The next time someone is mean to someone we all love, we will have another lovefest like this one. So go ahead, make our day!

You never cease to make me smile, [name]Jill[/name], thank you so much :slight_smile: I love the song, too! It is still mom’s favorite. And now it’s stuck in my head… haha!!!

[name]Susan[/name], thanks again for having thought of me in such a kind, caring way! :slight_smile: You’re a very special person! :slight_smile:

[name]Kristen[/name], I still have that song in my head! :slight_smile: