The joy and struggle of naming baby no. 7

Welcome to Nameberry! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite names on your list (favorite to least favorite):
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]- super cute and short! I feel like it fits very well with your other children.
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]- love that it has a family connection to you and is super cute.
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]- [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] is like the cutest nickname ever! I love it almost even more than [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]!
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]- I like it, but I’m not sure if it fits that well. I like it as a name, though.
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]- One of my favorite names, but I don’t feel like it fits with the other children.
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]- I really just don’t like the name [name_m]Victor[/name_m], but if you do, I’m happy. :slight_smile:
Based upon your names, may I suggest
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]/Reece
[name_m]Brannigan[/name_m]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
Good luck and wonderful names!

1 Like

I vote for [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]! It’s close to [name_m]Roman[/name_m] in vibe/sound but doesn’t have the yucky [name_m]Roman[/name_m] Polanski association. It goes so well with your other children’s names too!

1 Like

Love all your name ideas!
I think [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] go best with your older children’s names. Beautiful classic boy names.

How about [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] instead of [name_m]Victor[/name_m]? I also think [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] would work wonderfully too.

3 Likes

You have some amazing names for your kids! [name_f]My[/name_f] absolute favourite is [name_m]Simon[/name_m]! I have loved it for as long as I can remember.

I also like [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] but popularity in my area would give me pause. I love [name_u]Theo[/name_u] on its own and I feel like it can stand alone.

I think [name_m]Victor[/name_m] is unexpected and really lovely. I like it in your mix with [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] , [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Margo[/name_f] ,[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] ,[name_m]Leon[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]

I cannot get into [name_m]Roman[/name_m] . But I adore [name_m]Rueben[/name_m]!! [name_m]Rueben[/name_m] feels a little more classic and understated as I feel like [name_m]Roman[/name_m] is kind of trendy right no

Oliver is cute and goes well with you 6 kids but I feel like it’s a safe choice and a popular one! Nothing wrong with this name that’s why it’s probably so popular . I think [name_m]Otis[/name_m] would be a great addition / alternative . However [name_m]Otis[/name_m] ends in an S so it mind sound too similar to [name_m]Jonas[/name_m]

If I were to make any suggestions I would try to have a unique letter and a unique ending so I will add

Benson
[name_m]Abram[/name_m] / [name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_u]Cam[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]/ [name_m]Zac[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

2 Likes

I think [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is great and you definitely shouldn’t feel guilty about it, it’s great on its own! The others I like are [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m].

1 Like

I like your list, especially [name_m]Roman[/name_m]. You really can’t go wrong, they are all great choices.

I actually think [name_u]Theo[/name_u] gets my vote. Its a great addition to your sibset. I don’t think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] fits, but [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is great with your older kids names.

1 Like

Theo totally works with the rest of your lovely and classical children’s names.

1 Like

I think you’ll find something you love,
And congratulations!
I like how all of your children’s names begin with different letters and end with different sounds.
Perhaps you will find something new that appeals to all of you. Maybe start by looking at names beginning and ending with new sounds and see if anything jumps out at you?

1 Like

Thank you. You’re absolutely right.
The name suggestions we’ve gotten here have pointed us on new directions, and I’m very grateful for that. It’s nice to be thinking about new names rather than our good old “leftovers”.

1 Like

Thank you! [name_m]Abram[/name_m] / [name_m]Bram[/name_m] is wonderful and we hadn’t thought about it. [name_f]My[/name_f] great-grandfather’s name was [name_m]Abraham[/name_m], which we both feel is kind of stuffy. Somehow, going back to the original [name_m]Abram[/name_m] makes it more approachable and charming.

1 Like

Nolan is adorable.
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] is a name that we considered for our older sons but never took too seriously, but now that you mention it, it could be a very good option. We could look at it with new eyes this time around.
Thank you!

1 Like

Naming seven kids sounds like a dream! And you’ve done it so well.
Of your list my favorite is [name_m]Victor[/name_m]. It’s so much more unexpected but is recognizable, rich in history, and just plain cool.
Some suggestions for you:
-[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]- I’m biased since my second son is a “[name_m]Raddie[/name_m]” [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], but it fits in so nicely with your childrens’ names.
-[name_m]Truman[/name_m]
-[name_m]Simeon[/name_m]- a nice alternative to [name_m]Simon[/name_m]
-[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
-[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
-[name_m]Oswald[/name_m]
-[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]

1 Like

Conrad nn Radie is wonderful! I’m sure he loves and will always love his name!