The Latest Four...(Poll!)

See the results of this poll: Which name to go with big sis Gabriella Grace?

Respondents: 167 (This poll is closed)

• Annabel Ava: 43 (26%)
  • Vivien Lily: 64 (38%)
  • Madeleine Stella: 13 (8%)
  • Sophia Scarlett: 47 (28%)

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Erica[/name], I hope some more people give you opinions, especially on the issue of [name]Annabel[/name]'s similarity to [name]Gabriella[/name] (if any) and [name]Sophia[/name]'s popularity! I think some fresh opinions would help!

I voted for [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Lily[/name] - it’s my fav combo, I love how it sounds with [name]Gabriella[/name], I love that you can call her [name]Vivi[/name] and [name]Brent[/name] can call her [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Vivi[/name]-[name]Lil[/name], and I love that [name]Vivien[/name] continues the Hollywood theme :slight_smile:

I also voted for [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] in second place if [name]Brent[/name] won’t come round to [name]Vivien[/name] when she’s actually here, because I love [name]Annabel[/name], I think the combo sounds fantastic and really fresh and it’s the one you most agree on.

So yeah that’s my opinion! [name]Love[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] too but I know [name]Sophia[/name] is super super popular, that’s the only thing that detracts from this combo in my eyes. It’s popular for a reason though. It’s a beautiful name and one of my all time favs! [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Stella[/name] is my least fav just because I like [name]Madeleine[/name] but don’t love it like I do the other 3 names. I like all 4 though so I don’t think you can go wrong at this point!

Would be interesting to know how [name]Brent[/name] ranks these 4 now? I’m guessing [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Madeleine[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Vivien[/name]. And it’d be interesting to know how you’d rank them! And if [name]Brent[/name]'s coming round to the idea of actually using [name]Vivien[/name] at all?

Thank you, [name]Laura[/name]!! :slight_smile:

Yes, it would be interesting to see where he stands on the 4…I def agree with you re: [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Madeleine[/name], but I’m really interested to see about [name]Vivien[/name] vs [name]Sophia[/name]. Maybe they’ve flip-flopped? :slight_smile: He had to go to work this morning, so depending on what kind of mood he’s in when he gets home I’ll ask, lol!

I wish we could still edit our posts, I almost wonder if I should have done only one choice instead of up to two. :frowning: oh well. Yes, and I hope we get some comments too on [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name], although since [name]Annabel[/name] is #2 right now, maybe most don’t think it’s a prob? I love polls…we shall see! And p.s., thank you for your support this entire time! xoxo! :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s a shame about the editing! It’s very on and off at the moment, I think I could edit posts yesterday! But I don’t think you can edit a poll once someone votes anyway. I think when you narrow it down to 2 or 3 that you and [name]Brent[/name] agree on, perhaps do one more poll with the option to only vote for 1!

And you’re most welcome :slight_smile: I know the time’s getting closer now so I really hope we can help you feel some peace with the situation and not feel so stressed!! hehe. :slight_smile:

One thing’s for sure, whichever name you pick this is going to one beautifully named little girl!! (Still crossing my fingers for little [name]Vivi[/name] :slight_smile: lol)

I voted for [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Stella[/name] – If you are ok w/ the nn Madda I definitely think that is ‘do-able’ to avoid [name]Maddie[/name]. It’s only one sound off and people will catch on quickly. Madda is a cute nn too. I think this name is perfect for you guys because it’s been a fav. of your DH and you seem to like it too. [name]Stella[/name] brings in your favorite name ever. :slight_smile:

I also voted for [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] because [name]Sophia[/name] sounds best with [name]Gabriella[/name] in my opinion (of these 4). [name]Sophia[/name] is beautiful and [name]Scarlett[/name] does add a little sassiness to the name. I like the continued alliteration from [name]Gaby[/name]'s name and think this would be a great overall choice for you guys… because it’s [name]Sophia[/name], which can both like, but don’t any one-sided strong attachments to it (does that make sense?) and [name]Scarlett[/name] is maybe a little favored to “your” side, but DH doesn’t dislike it and it really makes a great mn for [name]Sophie[/name].

Hey ladies! I’ve had a busy week so I haven’t caught up on all the posts on your other thread, [name]Erica[/name]. It’s so funny…I feel like I’m in so much the same position as you. I have all these names that I like, but there’s a drawback to each one. So I just haven’t found the perfect one (and we’ll most likely have the baby in another week or ten days! Aah!). Thankfully my husband and I do tend to agree on names, although he steers away from some of the less mainstream ones that I like (two of them also being [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Stella[/name]). Anyway, I have intended to create a post to ask for advice (thanks to all of you for encouraging me to do that!), so hopefully I’ll do that today or tomorrow.

I voted for [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name]. I also love the alliteration, especially to go with [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. I think [name]Annabel[/name] is super cute and fresh-sounding, because you don’t meet many of them. I think [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is beautiful, but it would be a little too popular for me (like you said, I only know a couple of Sophies or Sophias personally but it’s one of those names that you just hear all the time, like [name]Emma[/name] or [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Isabella[/name]).

The only thing I’d say about [name]Vivien[/name] is that I think you’d end up having to spell it for people a lot…I know that I’d automatically spell it “[name]Vivian[/name]” and I wasn’t even aware of the “[name]Vivien[/name]” spelling until I started browsing this website…

I do love [name]Madeleine[/name] (it’s on my list too) but I’m so afraid that people will call her “[name]Maddie[/name]” automatically, even if we insist on calling her by her full name. And [name]Maddie[/name] is another one that you hear so often right now…so I just don’t know!

I voted for [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Lily[/name]. I love [name]Annabel[/name] and I don’t think it’s too similar to [name]Gabriella[/name], plus I think it’s more important to have a name for each child that you love then to worry about whether they fit perfectly together. I like [name]Madeleine[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name], but as a teacher, I have heard them both a lot and [name]Annabel[/name] feels fresher to me. I also love the alliteration of [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and how both mn’s have that old Hollywood feel to them. I like [name]Vivien[/name] as well, but love [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name]!

Thanks, berries!! The feedback is so great. I’m glad you guys don’t feel [name]Annabel[/name] is too similar; at least it helps knock off one “drawback” from all these names.

alissa, please do a thread fast!! :slight_smile: I am so looking forward to helping…I can’t believe you’re due so soon!! Thank you for checking back in. :slight_smile:

Thank you too, sford…it is always helpful to have a teacher or someone who is with kids a lot add some input! Very useful.

[name]Glad[/name] I could help! I also wanted to add that the few Annabels that I’ve had just go by [name]Annabel[/name] and I’ve never felt the urge to call them [name]Anna[/name] or [name]Annie[/name] nor have they gone by nicknames. With [name]Madeleine[/name], although I do get more Madelines, they are almost always called [name]Maddie[/name] whether the parents intended for that to happen or not. It just seems to come naturally and I think you’d have a tough time stopping it, so if you really hate [name]Maddie[/name], I’d probably steer clear of it. [name]Just[/name] my two cents.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Erica[/name]!

I voted for [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. I really can’t think of a better match for [name]Gaby[/name]'s name, and I adore the sound of that combination - so feminine, so elegant, so amazing! I haven’t heard of many people naming little girls “[name]Sophia[/name],” and in my experience, “[name]Sophie[/name]” is more popular - I went to high school with three girls called [name]Sophie[/name], and they were all just [name]Sophie[/name]. Now, again, I don’t hang around with babies all the time, but I have a friend who works at a daycare, and she hasn’t mentioned a single [name]Sophia[/name]. As for my fellow students, there are just 13 [name]Sophia[/name]'s here - just a side note, one is a [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name], one is a [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Vivian[/name], and one is a [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Louise[/name] ([name]Jane[/name])! So, that’s just my perspective…

Oh, I wasn’t aware we could choose two options, so I only chose that one. Hm. I really have to think about what would be my second choice! [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Stella[/name] seems to be off, flow-wise, for me - just a little, little bit. [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Lily[/name] has rhyming I sounds, but that isn’t a huge deal - it’s pretty. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] is gorgeous, but there’s the whole [name]Anna[/name] vs. [name]Belle[/name] debacle and the fact that [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] - even though they don’t sound as similar to me anymore - both have [name]ELLE[/name] in them, sound-wise. Yep, nothing is as perfect to me as [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. [name]Ah[/name], God, I’m just going to take the plunge and “vote” for [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] on here as my #2 because I like alliteration.

L

[name]Lauren[/name], you make me laugh!! Thank you for taking the plunge. :wink: I’m quite surprised [name]Sophia[/name] is actually doing this well…I thought all berries would think it’s way too overused. I’m surprised too that [name]Madeleine[/name] is doing so poorly; maybe it’s my less-than-stunning mn choice. :wink: This is why I love polls!!

Yes, a bit odd. But, despite popularity, I think Berries can appreciate a wonderful name - [name]Sophia[/name] is that. I’m eager to see how this plays out! [name]Will[/name] you be eliminating a choice today and coming back with another poll?

L

Ooh, I hadn’t thought ahead that far! I suppose I could do that… :slight_smile:

Oh thanks again, sford!! Yes, in my other “[name]Annabel[/name]” thread, most said the Annabels they knew didn’t use a nn, really, and that no one automatically assumed an “[name]Anna[/name]” nn like they do with [name]Maddie[/name] for [name]Madeleine[/name]. Very comforting, indeed!

I voted for [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Lily[/name]. I think [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name] are very close together, but not to the point that you would get mixed up saying their names together or anything. They just have two very similar sounds, ‘ab’ and ‘el’, but [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] don’t really sound close at all. I really like the name [name]Annabel[/name] and I think [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] is a very nice combo. [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Lily[/name] is great, too-- I think the spelling [name]Vivien[/name] feminizes the name, and fits better with [name]Gabriella[/name] than [name]Vivian[/name] (though [name]Vivienne[/name] would probably be best). I think [name]Lily[/name] is lovely and freshens [name]Vivien[/name] up a little.

[name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] are both lovely as well, and if you decide to go with one of them, I think it’d be just as good of a choice than the other two. In other words, you can’t go wrong. :slight_smile: I just think the names [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Madeleine[/name] are so overused, and personally, I’m tired of them. I just know so many! They’re probably some of the most common names of my age group, and that’s not counting all the little Sophias and Madeleines running around. That said, they’re lovely names, and classic, not really trendy. I can imagine a [name]Sophia[/name] or [name]Madeleine[/name] of any age or in any time period. It may be just my area where they’re so abundant. I actually think [name]Sophia[/name] (and [name]Madeleine[/name] close behind) goes best out of all of them with [name]Gabriella[/name], but a matching sibset is probably the least important thing to consider.

Either way, your daughter will have an elegant, beautiful name that will no doubt serve her well throughout her life. :slight_smile:

Oh, my gosh…I didn’t even notice the “ab” in both [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name]!!! I was so focused on the -bel and -ell :frowning: Urrgghh!!! Ok…I feel like this is going to bug me a lot. I’m gonna need to think about this again.

[name]Hi[/name] there! I’m so glad you did a poll…I chose [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]! :smiley:

[name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]! I think it’s the perfect match for a little sister to [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]! :slight_smile:

Ok, this is bugging me…no one is saying anything about the ubiquity of [name]Sophia[/name]. Am I being extra picky about this? [name]Do[/name] most people think it’s not a concern? I think it’s like #1 or #2 in Minnesota where I live. [name]Don[/name]'t you guys think it’s overused? Or maybe my other name choices suck? :slight_smile:

[name]Erica[/name],

I’m not saying anything about the ubiquity of [name]Sophia[/name] because I honestly don’t think it is ubiquitous, at least not in my own personal experience. But, you say it is very popular in Minnesota, right? I looked it up - it’s #4, behind [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Ava[/name], and [name]Emma[/name], by the way - and it is popular, but you know for yourself if it is ubiquitous. When you go out with [name]Gaby[/name] to the park or whatever, do you hear a bunch of people calling for little [name]Sophia[/name]'s? Where I live, the name is #6, but the last [name]Sophia[/name] I met was ten years old. I tend to run into little kids named [name]Addison[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] more frequently, and the last babies I met were [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]. But, maybe that’s just me…

L