The list... PLEASE help me decide

I need opinions on names for a baby girl.

My favorites are:

[name]Emelyn[/name] [name]Clare[/name] (nn [name]Emma[/name]) First name is pronounced [name]Emmalynn[/name], is this too confusing? This is by far my favorite spelling, but don’t want constant pronunciation issues.
[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]/? Not sure on a mn (nn [name]Nora[/name])
[name]Adia[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Aubree[/name] [name]Clare[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
Jayna

Would like mn suggestions for the last three as well. Please help! Thanks!

Ok,

[name]Emelyn[/name] [name]Clare[/name] (nn [name]Emma[/name]) - I would automatically pronounce this as [name]Em[/name]-ah-lin like you said and I don’t think there would be too many pronunciation issues as it seems to me just like [name]Evelyn[/name] with an ‘m’. I’m not sure if I really like it or not, I think it might just be the spelling that is putting me off. Have you considered [name]Emmeline[/name]? It’s only pronounced slightly differently and it seems like a fuller, more classy name to me. I do love [name]Clare[/name] as a middle name:)

[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]/? (nn [name]Nora[/name]) - I would go with [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]May[/name] with this one. It has a great flow and sounds very pretty:)

[name]Adia[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] - This is the one you might have pronunciation issues with. At a guess I’m going with A-[name]DEE[/name]-a but I really don’t know. That might just be my ignorance though and apologies if this is a recognized name:) I also love [name]Lorraine[/name]!

[name]Aubree[/name] [name]Clare[/name] - Like this combo but I would spell it [name]Aubrey[/name]

[name]Harper[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Harper[/name]! Something about this name makes me want to repeat the [name]Tom[/name] [name]Cruise[/name] and [name]Oprah[/name]'s couch incident!! Some mns you might like to go with [name]Harper[/name]:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Jean[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]
[name]Clare[/name] - You seem to really like already:)
[name]Grace[/name] - I know it’s a filler mn now but it has a nice flow
[name]Rose[/name] - Ditto
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
I’ve also always loved the combo [name]Lily[/name] [name]Harper[/name]. I do actually prefer [name]Harper[/name] in the middle, its my ultimate mn:)

[name]Avery[/name] - Not really a fan, I must admit. I can’t get past it sounding like a place where birds are kept.

Jayna - This sounds kind of tryndee to me. I like [name]Yana[/name] or [name]Jana[/name] though

[name]Hope[/name] this was helpful:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I think it would be much easier to go with [name]Evelyn[/name] which is known as a ‘lyn’ name. [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Claire[/name] would be my choice and I love the ‘i’ in [name]Claire[/name] too.

Otherwise [name]Emmeline[/name] but you would have to correct people to say that the name is said as [name]Emma[/name] lyn which would become bothersome after a while.

[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Grace[/name] would be a lovely name and [name]Nora[/name] is a common nn now but I prefer [name]Elle[/name].

[name]Adia[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] [name]Adia[/name] is an unknown name to me. I think [name]Adelia[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] would make a beautiful combination.

[name]Adeline[/name] is also beautiful, [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Laura[/name].

[name]Aubree[/name] [name]Clare[/name] I only like the [name]Aubrey[/name] spelling and I don’t like this name for a girl.

[name]Harper[/name] is very popular, you may like [name]Harlow[/name], [name]Camryn[/name] or [name]Ainsley[/name] if you don’t want something too popular. If you do use [name]Harper[/name] pair it up with a girly name eg [name]Harper[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name].

[name]Avery[/name] again a unisex name prefer [name]April[/name] or [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Adele[/name]. However, if you use [name]Avery[/name] here are some combos, [name]Avery[/name] [name]Julia[/name], [name]Avery[/name] [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Avery[/name] [name]Caroline[/name].

Jayna I really dislike this one but I really love [name]Jane[/name], so [name]Jane[/name] [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Jane[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] would be the way I would go.

[name]Emelyn[/name] [name]Clare[/name] (nn [name]Emma[/name]) - I think this name, even with the spelling [name]Emmalynn[/name], looks made-up and awfully trendy - not my style. I agree with the suggestion of [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Clare[/name], which is classic and elegant. You could still use the nicknames [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Emme[/name]. Or, if you want to call her [name]Emma[/name], name her [name]Emma[/name] [name]Clarisse[/name]! I personally think if you really love a name, popularity shouldn’t matter…

[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Mae[/name] - I prefer the spelling [name]Eleanor[/name], but [name]Elinor[/name] is nice, too. [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is preferable to [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Mae[/name], just because [name]Mae[/name] (with this spelling) seems to clash with the elegance of [name]Elinor[/name]. Perhaps [name]Elinor[/name] [name]June[/name], [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Jane[/name], or [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Clare[/name] would be pretty! [name]Nora[/name] is a fine nickname. [name]Elinor[/name] really isn’t one of MY favorites, but it is nice enough.

[name]Adia[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] - This is a different name that I’ve never seen before, and, honestly, I don’t care for it. It looks like Idea to me.

[name]Aubree[/name] [name]Clare[/name] - I don’t like [name]Aubree[/name] (or [name]Aubrey[/name]) at all. They seem trendy and not very pretty or elegant for a little lady. [name]Audrey[/name] is preferable.

[name]Harper[/name] - [name]Harper[/name] (and [name]Hollis[/name]) is my favorite unisex name for a girl. I’d pair it with a very feminine middle name, [name]Harper[/name] [name]Sophia[/name].

[name]Avery[/name] - [name]Avery[/name] is cute, but it seems very 2000s to me. I wouldn’t choose it. [name]Avery[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Avery[/name] [name]Miranda[/name], and [name]Avery[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] are good options…

Jayna - I don’t care for this at all. Go with [name]Jada[/name], [name]Jane[/name], or [name]Jana[/name] if you want a similar name. [name]Jada[/name] [name]Rosaleen[/name], [name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], or [name]Jana[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] are pretty…

My favorites are [name]Harper[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Clare[/name], [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and [name]Jada[/name] [name]Rosaleen[/name].

[name]Emelyn[/name] [name]Clare[/name] (nn [name]Emma[/name]): While I think it looks less trendy than [name]Emmalynn[/name], I still prefer the classic [name]Emmeline[/name].

You may also like:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]

[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]/: I love [name]Eleanor[/name], and think I’d go with [name]Mae[/name] because [name]Grace[/name] feels so overused as a middle these days.

You may also like:

[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]/[name]Georgiana[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] (nn [name]Mae[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], or [name]Maisie[/name])
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name]

[name]Adia[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]: I prefer some of your other names, and think that pronunciation issues will come into play with [name]Adia[/name].

You may also like:

[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]

[name]Aubree[/name] [name]Clare[/name]: I’m not a fan of the yooneek ee ending, because I think it looks trendy and less sophisticated than [name]Aubrey[/name].

You may also like:

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

[name]Harper[/name]: [name]Harper[/name] is gaining in popularity, but I prefer it to the other modern names on your list.

[name]Avery[/name]: [name]Avery[/name] feels very 1990s to me…

You may also like:

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Carlin[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
Isaly
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Sheridan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]

Jayna: I love [name]Jane[/name], but I Jayna feels “made up” and trendy to me.

I’ll vote for [name]Elinor[/name] (I love the [name]Eleanor[/name] spelling, too), and I also love [name]Emelyn[/name] spelled [name]Emmeline[/name].
Oh! Middles for:

[name]Harper[/name]:

[name]Harper[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] (super popular, though)
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

[name]Avery[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

Jayna [name]Catherine[/name]
Jayna [name]Rosalie[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Darn! I just typed a whole big reply and lost it!

[name]Emelyn[/name] [name]Clare[/name] - I actually love this. I liked the name [name]Emmeline[/name] until I found out it was supposed to be prn [name]Emma[/name]-[name]LINE[/name], for some reason I just don’t like that as much as [name]Emma[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name]. I think [name]Emelyn[/name] is a really simple way to communicate the desired prn and it doesn’t look too yooneek, probably because it looks like [name]Evelyn[/name] with an ‘m.’

The other choice I like is [name]Avery[/name], I love that for a girl, and I also like [name]Waverly[/name]. I don’t like Jayna - it seems very made-up and also too similar to Jaima, and I don’t have good associations with the name Jaima.

[name]Avery[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Elise[/name]

I love [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name]. [name]Emlyn[/name] is fascinating, but is kind of hard to say.

[name]Harper[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Harper[/name]

[name]Elinor[/name]/[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]May[/name]/[name]Mae[/name] is gorgeous.

http://babynamelover.wordpress.com/

[name]Emelyn[/name] [name]Clare[/name] - cute. i think it’s ok w/ the pn. it’s just like saying evelyn, but with an M instead of the V.
[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]/? - I like [name]Grace[/name] for the mn. But I don’t care for the spelling. Normally, I like ‘yooneek’ spellings, but this one just doesn’t look right.
[name]Adia[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] - not sure on the pn of [name]Adia[/name].
[name]Aubree[/name] [name]Clare[/name] - i like [name]Aubree[/name].
[name]Harper[/name] - just ok for me
[name]Avery[/name] - i like this too!
Jayna - it’s just ok for me. i thought it was jayda for a minute before i actually read it.

I like [name]Avery[/name] the most.

Thank you for all of the lovely comments and suggestions!

I am still rather attached to [name]Emelyn[/name]… but I definitely got mixed reviews, so we’ll see.

I do like the traditional spelling of [name]Eleanor[/name] as well, so that’s a possibility.

Jayna, [name]Aubree[/name], and [name]Avery[/name] are out as names. I do like [name]Harper[/name] still, but it does seem to be getting popular.

Three more names for you guys to weigh in on:
[name]Isla[/name]… I [name]LOVE[/name] this name and simply forgot it the first time around. My worry with this one is popularity. It was a fairly unique name… but I look at posts now and it seems every other person is considering it!

[name]Adelia[/name]… several of you suggested this rather than [name]Adia[/name], I really like this name, but wasn’t very familiar with it. I really like [name]Lia[/name] as a nn for this one.

I think I know what opinions are going to be on this one… but how do you feel about [name]Eliot[/name] for a girl? I love it, but it has not yet really transitioned to a unisex name. I like the single l and t for a girl.

I would also love mn suggestions for the new ones. Thank you!

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Emelyn[/name]! I have a friend named [name]Emelyn[/name], she is the only [name]Emelyn[/name] I have ever heard of too. I love saying her name!

My daughter is [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Rae[/name]. We call her “[name]Emmy[/name].” Yes, I do have to correct people’s pronunciation from time to time, but that’s fine. It’s no more bothersome than when I have to correct people on the spelling of my own name.

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Isla[/name]: I think it’s a beautiful name! It jumped from out of nowhere to #623, and while 623 isn’t very popular at the moment, I remember reading on Nameberry that [name]Isla[/name] is destined for massive popularity. I love it, though. :slight_smile:

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]

If you’re worried about [name]Isla[/name]'s popularity, you may also like:

[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] (although [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] have written about [name]Lila[/name] becoming super popular, too)
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

[name]Adelia[/name]: I love [name]Adelia[/name] (and [name]Adela[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name]), and think it has a sweet vintage charm. :slight_smile:

[name]Adelia[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name] [name]Bess[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]/[name]May[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Eliot[/name]: I’m not a fan of boys’ names on girls, but I don’t find [name]Eliot[/name] (or [name]Elliott[/name]) trendy like I do names like [name]Avery[/name] or [name]Addison[/name]. Well, it’s definitely part of the boys’ names on girls’ trend, so it’s trendy in that way, but the name in and of itself doesn’t feel trendy to me, if that makes sense.

[name]Eliot[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Eliot[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Eliot[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eliot[/name] [name]Paige[/name]

You may also like: [name]Ellis[/name], [name]Ellery[/name], or [name]Bellamy[/name].

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

• [name]Emelyn[/name] [name]Clare[/name] is NOT confusing; I like it and I don’t ever like names with Y in them usually… Personally prefer the spelling [name]Claire[/name] though.
  • [name]Elinor[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name] is good too.
  • [name]Eliot[/name] for a girl is good too.

[name]Emelyn[/name] [name]Clare[/name] (nn [name]Emma[/name])–[name]Emelyn[/name] seems so…trindee/yooneak to me. I think the spelling looks classier as [name]Emmeline[/name], and although they might pronounce it eh-ma-[name]LINE[/name] or eh-ma-LEEN, I think it would be worth it, as this spelling is really pretty! [name]Clare[/name] used to be one of my VERY, VERY favorite names & I still like it, although I’m finding myself liking [name]Clara[/name] more and more.
[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]/? Not sure on a mn (nn [name]Nora[/name])–[name]Elinor[/name] is DIVINE! My absolute favorite!! [name]Grace[/name] seems like a steriotypical middle name to me. If it’s meaning that you’re going for, [name]Charis[/name] has the same, and [name]Felicity[/name] fits with [name]Grace[/name] in the Virtues Club. [name]Mae[/name], although still middle name-y, is just gorgeous. Side note: I know an [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name], just in case you were wondering what some other people have combo’d it with(:
[name]Adia[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]–[name]Adia[/name] is pretty; my personal prefence, though, is the similar [name]Ada[/name], nn for [name]Adelaide[/name]. I’ve always found [name]Lorraine[/name] is stunning. [name]Ada[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]?
[name]Aubree[/name] [name]Clare[/name]–again, [name]Aubrey[/name] just seems classier. Side Note: I know [name]Aubin[/name] is a boy’s name, but I could see it on a girl–just a fresh alternative.
[name]Harper[/name]–[name]Love[/name] it, although it’s catching up in popularity. [name]Gardener[/name] & [name]Miller[/name] might also appeal to you.
[name]Avery[/name]–This seems dated to me.
Jayna–Plain [name]Jane[/name] will always have my vote.

I like [name]Adelia[/name]- also [name]Adeline[/name] & [name]Adella[/name].

http://babynamelover.wordpress.com