The Most "Nameberry" Names

Hello!
So, there are several types of names that I consider very ‘nameberry’.
First, there are the names that are relatively common on here but not that common out in the real world (at least, where I live), like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and a lot of Gaelic names (well, obviously they’re popular in Ireland and those places, but in many other places in the world, they’re not), like Caiomhe (Please tell me I spelled that right).
Then, there are the names that are just really common here, like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] (well, a few weeks ago it seemed to be. Now I hardly ever see it) and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].
There seems to be a certain type of uncommon name like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], [name_f]Minerva[/name_f], and [name_f]Circe[/name_f] that everyone here seems to really like.
Finally, there are the names that, when mentioned in a thread, everyone loves, like [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], and [name_u]River[/name_u].

Then, there are the most ANTI-nameberry names.
There are the super popular (apparently) names- like [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].
There are the made-up names (Well, I haven’t actually seen anything on this, but according to the nameberry memes thread) like Brileighva.
There are the creatively-spelled names (again, I haven’t actually seen anything on this, but according to the nameberry memes thread) like Righleigh and Mykynzeigh.
There are just bad names that are widely recognized as such, like [name_m]Drayden[/name_m].
And then there are just the boring common names that no self-respecting name nerd would use.

So, what are your ideas of names that fit each of these categories? Or other categories that are very Nameberry or Anti-nameberry? What do you think the EPITOME of each category is? What do you think the ULTIMATE nameberry name and the ULTIMATE anti-nameberry name is?
This is just me being curious!
Thanks!

1 Like

Orion & [name_u]Everly[/name_u]

1 Like

Nameberry names: [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_m]Milo[/name_m], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] come to mind.
Common names that I don’t see that much on nameberry: [name_u]Michael[/name_u], [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m], [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]

People here also seem to love word names and nature names, especially as middles.

1 Like

Caoimhe is really popular in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]. And I love [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]!

To me the most “Nameberry-esque” names would be the ones that pop up frequently on Nameberry but don’t actually seem to be very popular in any country. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_u]Romilly[/name_u], [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] come to mind.

For anti-Nameberry, I guess anything that’s perceived as made-up, trendy or overly popular (unless it’s a classic name like [name_m]William[/name_m]). And also dated names, and a lot of names that are hard to pronounce in [name_f]English[/name_f].

Matilda and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] are also super popular here.

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]
[name_u]Story[/name_u]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]

[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassius[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u]

1 Like

Yes, I just meant that outside of their home country, they’re not super popular. I should’ve been more specific!

1 Like

I’d say the anti-Nameberry names are popular ones, like the ones in the top 100. I also don’t see very many cre8tive names. Most name I see on here are pretty unique. [name_u]Orion[/name_u] is a pretty popular one. Also [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], and [name_u]Percy[/name_u].

Ultimate Nameberry name (atm): [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
Ultimate anti-Nameberry (atm): [name_m]John[/name_m] and [name_u]Madison[/name_u]

This is certainly true to some extent.

Currently seeing a lot of [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] – they seem to be general favorites on NB.

Two more that I see a lot are [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]!

The name I most strongly think of when I think about nameberry is [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. It’s super popular or at least was a few months ago yet I’ve never seen it used in real life.

Word names are also super common, recently I’ve seen Wildrose a lot.

Things like [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and [name_f]Circe[/name_f] also come to mind.

I’m in the minority of name nerds - I love the boring common ones that no self-respecting name nerd would use :wink: ([name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], etc.)

Names that make me think NB: [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]/Bellatrix, [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Circe[/name_f], [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_u]Fox[/name_u], [name_u]Wolf[/name_u], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], and most unusual floral names (just because this is the only place I’ve seen them!)

Not many of them are my particular taste, but different strokes for different folks and all that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me:

Matilda
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

Silas
[name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

I’d say creative spellings, popular names (top 20 - 50) and dated names e.g. 80s style are pretty unpopular on Nameberry.

2 Likes