The most overrated name??

What do you think the most overrated name for girls and boys is?? No harsh comments, don’t want to offend any fellow berries, but I would love to hear your thoughts!

For me I’d say [name_f]Emily[/name_f]/[name_f]Emilee[/name_f] etc. I like this name but there are so many similar more exciting names [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. Like [name_f]Em[/name_f]ília/[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Edie[/name_f].

For a boy I want to say [name_m]Jack[/name_m]/[name_m]Jackson[/name_m]. [name_f]IMO[/name_f] it’s cute but bland. I think [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] or [name_u]Jude[/name_u] are more interesting and unexpected!

If we’re basing it off popularity…

[name_u]Michael[/name_u] for boys, it was popular for so many years, is still relatively up there, and [name_m]Mike[/name_m]/[name_m]Mikey[/name_m] are just worn out nicknames. Give this name a rest for a few more decades.

[name_u]Madison[/name_u] for girls, it’s quite popular in my generation, it means [name_m]SON[/name_m] of [name_f]Maud[/name_f], has always sounded more masculine to me, if you go into any high school, there will be many [name_f]Maddie[/name_f]'s.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] on this website, I’d say [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. I don’t despise it, I just think there are many, many vintage names with similar qualities that get overlooked, and are a bit more graceful.

What names? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Mathilde[/name_f]?

I honestly don’t get the love for [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] at all… [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] sounds infinitely better to my ear. (Not that there’s anything WRONG with [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], but I definitely think it’s overrated)

I would agree [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]'s overrated but personally I like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] much better.

I do prefer [name_f]Mathilde[/name_f] to [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], and in terms of names with similar qualities (not necessarily in terms of sound, though, I’m talking more vibe, vintage, slightly quirky, length and literary connections), there are [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], and [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] that I prefer. It’s simply that, while many of these names are mentioned all the time, I think [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] gets an outsized amount of attention compared to several. In terms of other “M” names, I like [name_u]Marian[/name_u], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Monet[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], [name_f]Millicent[/name_f], [name_f]Mildred[/name_f], and [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. A name that gets similar attention to [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] that I simply prefer is [name_f]Margo[/name_f]/[name_f]Margot[/name_f].

[name_u]James[/name_u] for sure. I just find it boring and overused. It’s like everyone’s middle name is [name_u]James[/name_u].