the name oliver

do you like this name? is it masculine enough? do you think it’s a dorky name? is it ok to have boys name that is very classic when his sisters name is modern/popular/unisex?

i love the name oliver and its nickname ollie

do you like this name? I would not use it but it is a good strong name.

is it masculine enough? Yes

do you think it’s a dorky name? No but it doesn’t appeal to me, I think the nn of [name]Ollie[/name] is awful and Liver doesn’t help either.

is it ok to have boys name that is very classic when his sisters name is modern/popular/unisex?

It is better to match styles although some names overlap categories eg [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Alexandra[/name] work equally well.

A good combo is [name]Jack[/name] [name]Oliver[/name].

Let us know your daughter’s name and we can suggest some combos for you.

I, too, would personally stick with a specific naming style, but if you love [name]Oliver[/name] (it’s one of my favorites), there’s no reason why you can’t use it.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think it is fine, and I love the name [name]Oliver[/name].

Good luck!

I like the name a lot, though I am hearing it everywhere these days!

I love the name [name]Oliver[/name] and the nn [name]Ollie[/name]! [name]Ollie[/name] is a skateboard trick so I think any dorky factor this name had is lost with such a cool nn.

I love it, but it is getting popular. When close friends first named their son [name]Oliver[/name] 2 years ago, I was in love. Since then, I’ve met 3 or 4 more - even my mom noticed its popularity. The good side to that of course is that it weeds out any dorky factor some may have with the name (although I personally do not think its dorky). The down side is that there may be several [name]Ollie[/name]/Olivers in his class.

i love oliver and nn ollie is cute + cool. im considering the same name, but im concerned that its getting too popular and that lessens the appeal of using a classic name that feels fresh since it hasnt been popular in a while

I love [name]Oliver[/name]. Yes, it’s masculine and I don’t think it’s dorky at all.