The names you loved as a child

A lot of us have been name collectors since childhood, correct? Well, I was looking back at an old diary and came across names that I LOVED and was sure I would name my children. I was probably 12 years old. The result? [name_m]Gold[/name_m] :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, if you had to pick from the list of names your child or teenage self had loved, what would it be? Are they as strange as these?

My list:

Girls -
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Clea[/name_f] (pn [name_m]Clay[/name_m]-uh)
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] - umm…okay…
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - I still love this! Although I did write that I would call her [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f]
[name_u]Courtney[/name_u]
[name_f]Kaylee[/name_f] - gag.
Annabethany - I thought this name was SO [name_u]UNIQUE[/name_u] and SO BEAUTIFUL. Wrote, “Sounds like epifany!” (epiphany)…
[name_f]Elly[/name_f] - I actually named my dog this!

Boys -
[name_u]Seth[/name_u] - I loathe this name
[name_m]Trevor[/name_m] - I loved this because of Pay it Forward
[name_m]Bryan[/name_m]

I would definitely pick [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] for a girl, even if I had to call her [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]Skye[/name_u], and…[name_m]Trevor[/name_m]? for a boy. Hehe.

I also had twin names down:

G/G:
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f] & [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]

B/B
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] & [name_m]Colten[/name_m]

G/B
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] & [name_f]Emma[/name_f]

My all time top 3 for many years was [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Mikayla[/name_f] and [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u].

When I was younger my favorite names were:
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_f]Zoey[/name_f]
[name_f]Bella[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Bree[/name_f]
[name_f]Selena[/name_f]
[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
[name_f]Carly[/name_f]
[name_u]Abby[/name_u]
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Kailey[/name_f]
Best out of those- [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f], [name_f]Brynn[/name_f], and [name_f]Bree[/name_f]

[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmet[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Zach[/name_m]
[name_m]Ross[/name_m]
[name_m]Russell[/name_m]
[name_m]Ben[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Jake[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Alex[/name_u]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
Favorites of these now- honestly the boys aren’t near as bad as the girls. Most of these are ok at least as nicknames

I remember Loving [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and naming all my dolls [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], but now I can’t see it on a human.

The first time I remember thinking about future baby names, I really wanted three girls named [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], [name_f]Liza[/name_f] and [name_f]Lea[/name_f].
[name_f]Liza[/name_f] pronounced like [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] and [name_f]Lea[/name_f] pronounced like [name_f]Leah[/name_f]. Yup. I was probably around 10 years old.

I have an old notebook where I recorded my favourite names when I was around eleven. These included [name_f]Saffron[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. No boys’ names though. [name_m]Even[/name_m] back then I wasn’t sure what boys’ names I liked!