The Origin & Meaning of your favourites?

What the title says. I’d also love to know if a combo of yours has a meanin like “beautiful star”, “[name_f]Snow[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]”, etc.

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - Help / Helper (Greek)
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] - gentle horse (Old [name_m]German[/name_m]) / beautiful rose (Spanish)
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - clear / bright / famous (latin)

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] - Jehova is God / My God is Yahweh / One with God (English from Hebrew)
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] - bringer of treasure / treasurer / keeper of treasure (different sources say different things / Persian)
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - peaceful ruler (Germanic)

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] - flower (Latin)
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - healthy / wide (probably English from [name_m]French[/name_m] from Germanic)
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - meaning unknown (possibly Celtic)

[name_u]Theo[/name_u] - short from names beginning with [name_u]Theo[/name_u] (different origins)
[name_m]Kasimir[/name_m] - destroyer of peace / announcer of peace ([name_m]German[/name_m] from Polish)
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] - rich protector (Old English)

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - probably “weaver” (Greek)
[name_f]Ida[/name_f] - work / labour / industrious one (Germanic)
[name_f]Leonor[/name_f] - possibly “light / torch / bright” (Spanish from English from [name_f]Alienor[/name_f], a Provençal form of the Greek [name_f]Helen[/name_f]ē)

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - possibly “[name_m]Bear[/name_m]” (Celtic) / could be related to an obscure [name_m]Roman[/name_m] family name Artorius
Barthélémy - son of [name_m]Talmai[/name_m] ([name_m]French[/name_m] from Greek from Aramaic)
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] - heart / mind / spirit / intellect (Germanic)

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] - light (Spanish from Latin)
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] - wealth / fortune / fatherland ([name_m]German[/name_m] from Germanic)
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - nobility / noble kind ([name_m]French[/name_m] from Germanic)

All my names are supposed to have meaning together. Most of the origins are hebrew. My names decided name meanings are
‘Upright morals’
‘Preserve purity’
‘I am worthy leader of hundreds’
The [name_m]Lord[/name_m] is [name_m]Just[/name_m], rejoice’
‘Revolution song’
‘Chief man of hire’
‘Celebrating life’

What about yourself?

The combos don’t really have one meaning unless it just happened to be that way.

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] could be “helpful, bright and beautiful rose” OR a “helpful, famous and gentle horse”.

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] could be “Yahweh is the bringer/keeper of treasure and a peaceful ruler” (I’m not religious but the meaning is nice)

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] ([name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]) is a “healthy flower” ([name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]'s meaning is unknown)

([name_u]Theo[/name_u]) [name_m]Kasimir[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] could be the “rich protector of peace” ([name_u]Theo[/name_u]'s meaning depends on which full name you derive it from)

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Leonor[/name_f] is the “industrious, bright waver”

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barthelemy[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is the “intellectual [name_m]Bear[/name_m] who is a son of [name_m]Talmai[/name_m]”

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] could be the “light and wealthy noble kind/one”

That’s really neat!

Oh, goodness, this’ll take a while. My lists are all really long. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]: my God is a vow ([name_m]French[/name_m] from Hebrew)
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]: dawn (Italian–as well as various other nationalities–from Latin)
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]: grace (English word name)

(My gracious God is a vow at dawn?)

[name_f]Arianne[/name_f]: very holy one ([name_m]French[/name_m] from Greek)
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]: bright, shining one (from Old [name_m]French[/name_m])
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]: daisy (English flower name)/[name_f]Kate[/name_f]: pure (English from Greek)

(Either “very holy, bright shining daisy” or “very holy, bright, shining, pure one”)

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]: olive tree (literary English name)
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]: wren/bird (English word name)
[name_f]Camille[/name_f]: young ceremonial attendant ([name_m]French[/name_m] from Ancient [name_m]Roman[/name_m])

(I can’t pull a cohesive meaning out of that if I tried, lol. “[name_m]Young[/name_m] ceremonial attendant of olive trees and wrens”?!)

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]: violet (English word name)
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]: help(er) (Greek)
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]: clear ([name_m]French[/name_m])

(Clear violet helper? Which doesn’t make sense at all, lol!)

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]: free man ([name_m]French[/name_m])
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]: paradise (Hebrew)
[[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]]: wisdom (Italian/Spanish from Greek)

([name_u]Free[/name_u] man of wisdom in paradise?)

[name_f]Eleni[/name_f]: torch (Greek)
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]: free man ([name_m]French[/name_m])
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]: God’s gracious gift (English from Old [name_m]French[/name_m] from Greek from Hebrew. hahaha!)

“The torch, free man, God’s gracious gift”

[name_f]Eva[/name_f]: life (Latin from Hebrew)
Madelief: daisy (Dutch)

“Clear life of the daisy”?

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]: work (Old [name_m]French[/name_m] from Germanic introduced to [name_f]England[/name_f])
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]: poppy flower (English flower name)
[name_f]Helene[/name_f]: torch ([name_m]French[/name_m] or Danish from Greek)

(… yeah, I got nothin.)

[name_f]Tess[/name_f]: harvester (English from Spanish/Portuguese from Greek)
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]: weaver (Greek)
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]: pure (English from Greek)

“pure weaver and harvester”

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]: the bright, shining one (from Old [name_m]French[/name_m])
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]: night (English from Arabic)

“the gracious bright, shining one of the night”?

[name_f]Odilia[/name_f]: fatherland OR wealth/fortune (Germanic)
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]: lily flower (English word name)

gracious fatherland of the lily OR gracious fortune of the lily

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]: noble strength (English from Anglo-[name_m]Saxon[/name_m])
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]: night (English from Arabic)
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]: pearl (English word name)

noble strength of the pearl at night?

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]: youthful (English from [name_m]French[/name_m], from Ancient [name_m]Roman[/name_m])

clear and young?

I also have [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] as FNs on my list, but no combo ideas at all, so there’s really no point in listing those. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]: heart OR dog (rumored to mean “loving as full-hearted as a dog”; English from Hebrew)
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]: My God is Yahweh (Greek from Hebrew)
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]: He will add (English from Hebrew)

My God is Yahweh and He will add heart.

[name_u]Everett[/name_u]: brave as a wild boar (English from [name_m]German[/name_m])
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]: Yahweh is salvation/The [name_m]Lord[/name_m] is my salvation (English from Hebrew)
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]: free man

(Yeah, I got nothin here, either. lol. The [name_m]Lord[/name_m], brave as a wild boar, is my salvation and makes me a free man?)

[name_m]Jack[/name_m]: God’s gracious gift (English from Greek from Hebrew)
[name_u]August[/name_u]: great/venerable (English from Ancient [name_m]Roman[/name_m])
Kuiper: [couldn’t find a meaning… it’s in honor of the Kuiper belt, in space, and I think it’s a Dutch surname?]

God’s gracious, great gift [____]

[name_m]Zane[/name_m]: rumored to be a form of [name_m]John[/name_m], so “God’s gracious gift” (?)
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]: defender of man (Greek)
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]: of the [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] sea (English)

(yeah, I got nothing)

[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]: told by God/God has heard (English from Hebrew)
[name_m]Gaspard[/name_m]: keeper of the treasure ([name_m]French[/name_m] from Persian)
[name_m]John[/name_m]: God’s gracious gift (English from Greek from Hebrew)

God’s gracious gift, keeper of the treasure, the one whom God has heard.

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]: bailiff (English)
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]: deer lover or spear of the god (Irish or Norse)
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]: free man (English)

Oh, goodness, don’t ask me…

[name_m]Grant[/name_m]: great (English/Scottish)
Frédéric: peaceful ruler ([name_m]French[/name_m] from [name_m]German[/name_m])
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]: brave counsel (English from [name_m]German[/name_m])

Great, peaceful ruler who gives brave counsel

[name_m]Declan[/name_m]: full of goodness (rumored. Irish)
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]: help (Hebrew)
[name_u]Gray[/name_u]: English word name

full of goodness and help in the gray?

[name_u]Addison[/name_u]: son of [name_m]Adam[/name_m] (English)
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]: stone (English from Greek)
[name_u]Gray[/name_u]: English word name

… yeah. Not even gonna try this one…

[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]: keeper of the treasure ([name_m]French[/name_m] from Persian)
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]: gift of God (English from Hebrew)
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]: paradise (Hebrew)

The gift of God, keeper of the treasure, which is paradise? ([name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] (Hebrew, son of my right hand), [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] (son of [name_u]Emery[/name_u], English) [name_u]Gray[/name_u] (English word name), [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] (Hebrew, my God is Yahweh) [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] (heart, international), [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] (English from Germanic, will, desire). Not going to even attempt those…)

[name_m]Brody[/name_m], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], and maybe [name_m]Linus[/name_m] or [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] are also on my list, but with no MN ideas at all, so I figured I’d forgo them for now, as well. :slight_smile: Besides, isn’t this post long enough as it is?! :slight_smile:

Some of my favourites (not all actual contenders)…

Ingimar - Ing-famous (Ing is the name of an ancient Germanic god) - Germanic/Norse origin
Matthías - gift from God - Hebrew origin
Róbert - bright fame - Germanic origin
[name_m]Emil[/name_m] - rival - Latinate origin
Óskar - deer lover or god spear - Irish or Norse origin
Kjartan - mariner - Irish origin (Norse form)
”var - archer - Norse origin
[name_m]Le[/name_m]ó - lion - Latinate origin
Erlingur - descendant of the jarl (earl) - Norse origin
Haraldur - army leader - Anglo-[name_m]Saxon[/name_m]/Norse origin

[name_f]El[/name_f]ísabet - my God is an oath - Hebrew origin
Svala - swallow (bird) - Norse origin
[name_f]Elva[/name_f] - river or elf - Norse origin
Rósa - rose - Latinate origin
Ylfa - she-wolf - Norse origin
Lovísa - famous battle - Germanic origin
Sólveig - strength of the hall/sun - Norse origin
Lóa - golden plover - Norse origin
Sóley - buttercup (lit. sun island) - Norse origin

My favourite meanings here are ‘bright fame’, ‘archer’, ‘she-wolf’ and ‘strength of the hall/sun’. Probably a middle name for a boy would be [name_m]Karl[/name_m], which of course just means ‘man’, so I don’t think it makes too many cool combos! I wouldn’t put it with [name_m]Le[/name_m]ó though for that reason, ‘lion man’ just seems too silly to me.

My combos have no particular meaning but I’ll do my top five:
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]- “life torch, corposant, or moon”, Both are of Greek origins
[name_f]Selene[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]- “[name_f]Moon[/name_f] lily (or lotus)” in modern Hebrew, the root word of [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] means rose, so it could be [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_f]Selene[/name_f] is of Greek, [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] Hebrew.
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]- “[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]”, [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is of Latin roots, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] from Greek.
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]- This one has my favorite meaning together: “blooming happiness”. [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] is from Greek, [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] from Latin.
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]- “God is gracious with a beautiful voice” (since [name_f]Jane[/name_f] means God is gracious and [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] means beautiful voice). [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is of Hebrew origins, [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] from Greek.

[name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] [name_u]Constantine[/name_u]- “[name_m]Constant[/name_m]/Steadfast follower of [name_u]Demeter[/name_u]”. [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] is from Greek, [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] from Latin.
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m]- this is ironic, [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] means “Great, Venerable”, while [name_m]Paul[/name_m] means “Small, Humble”. So I guess together I’d make it “Great and venerable yet small and humble”. Both are of Latin origins.
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]- “Flaxen defender of men”. Both are of Greek origins.
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]- This one makes more sense: “Praised, great, and venerable”. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is from Hebrew, [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] from Latin.
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]- This one makes no sense “Twin, My God is God”. Not sure how to make a cohesive meaning out of that. [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] is from Greek/Hebrew (it’s from [name_u]Elias[/name_u], a Greek cognate of [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] which is Hebrew), and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is Hebrew.

[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] comes from [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and means pledged to god. I’m am atheist but I love the name so much I don’t care about the meaning. I care about the pleasant sound, pretty spelling, and Frozen association. I really don’t put too much value in a name’s meaning.

[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] means night monster

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is Irish and means she who intoxicates

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] is Latin and means moon

[name_f]Marceline[/name_f] is [name_m]French[/name_m] and a feminine form of [name_m]Marcel[/name_m]. It means warlike.

[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is the [name_m]French[/name_m] spelling of [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and means youthful

[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] is [name_m]French[/name_m] spelling. It’s a combination of [name_f]Mira[/name_f] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. Together they mean wondrous beauty.

[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] is a biblical name (and it speaks volumes of my love for it that I would use a biblical name),meaning pleasantness.

[name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] comes from the male name [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and means twin.

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] means defending men

[name_m]Maximus[/name_m] is Latin and means greatest

[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] is Basque and means bright

[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] is another biblical name (ehh) but I just love it SO much. I also love he nn [name_m]Zack[/name_m]! It means the lord has remembered.

[name_m]Holden[/name_m] I discovered when reading (my favorite book) The Catcher in the [name_m]Rye[/name_m]. It’s English and means hallow valley
[name_u]James[/name_u] means supplanter and is an English variation of [name_m]Jacob[/name_m].

I don’t have a lot of set combos, so this is gonna be very disorganized. But I love reading everyone else’s collective combo meanings, so here goes!

[name_f]Viola[/name_f] - Latin; “violet”
Belphoebe - literary invented smoosh name of [name_m]French[/name_m] + Greek origin; “beautiful” + “bright”
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - Old [name_m]French[/name_m]/Germanic; “noble”

=“beautiful, bright, noble violet” I suppose. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like a really exemplary flower.

[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] - Greek; “glory”
[name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] - Greek; “strong-born”
*[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] - Latin; either “voyager/traveller” or “blessed”

= “glorious, strong-born voyager.” I actually love this one.

*[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] - Italian via Greek; either “universe” or “order”
[name_f]Viviane[/name_f] - Latin; “life/alive”
*[name_f]Odette[/name_f] - [name_m]French[/name_m] via Germanic; “fatherland,” or “wealth, fortune,” or “prosperity in battle”

= “abundant, living universe,” maybe? Or “universe teeming with life,” though it’s a slight stretch. I love this one, too.

My [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] combo is constantly shifting and my boys’ combos don’t really exist atm. I can never seem to find 3 names that I like together, alas.

*in cases where a name has multiple meanings that seem to be equally valid/likely based on my research, I just pick the one I like best (voyager, universe, and fortune.)

My favorite names right now are [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_f]Arianne[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

[name_u]Noah[/name_u]: wanderer
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]: twin
So wandering twin? haha

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]: solier/merciful
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]: from the ancient city of [name_f]Sebastia[/name_f]

[name_f]Arianne[/name_f]: very holy
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]: pledged to god
Pretty self explanatory, I guess!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]: purple
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]: bright/clear

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]/[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]: pearl, diminutive of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]: [name_f]Olive[/name_f] tree, Latin
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]: star, [name_m]French[/name_m]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]: star, Latin
[name_f]India[/name_f]: place name

[name_m]Edward[/name_m]: wealthy guardian, English
[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]: variation of [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]: defending men, Greek
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]: bowman, English
[name_m]Archibald[/name_m]: truly brave, Teutonic
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]: person from ancient city of Sebasta, Latin from Greek

That would make my combos:

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]: pearl olive tree
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]India[/name_f]: star
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]: wealthy guardian defending men
[name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]: bowman person from ancient city of Sebasta
[name_m]Archibald[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]: truly brave person from ancient city of Sebasta

I’ve been meaning to look up our favorite names for this baby, thanks for reminding me! I’m not overly impressed with the meanings, but it doesn’t change my mind either:

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]: Intoxicating one who Jehovah increases
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]: Dark, Majestic

Others:
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] (Island)
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] (night)
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] (purple)
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] (pearl)
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] (little seal)
[name_m]John[/name_m] (God is gracious)

[name_f]Eve[/name_f]: to live: [name_m]French[/name_m]/Biblical
[name_f]Adalia[/name_f]: noble: Hebrew
To live noble

[name_f]Adia[/name_f]: a gift from God: Hebrew
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]: beloved: English
[name_f]Beloved[/name_f] gift from God

[name_f]Nola[/name_f]: light: Spanish
[name_f]Malena[/name_f]: tower: Swedish
[name_m]Light[/name_m] tower (light house)

[name_f]Lila[/name_f]: night: Arabic
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]: praised: Hebrew
Praised night

[name_f]Annika[/name_f]: grace: Swedish
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]: fame: English

[name_m]Luka[/name_m]: light: Russian
[name_m]Johan[/name_m]: God is gracious: Norwegian

[name_m]Will[/name_m]: determination: English
Rion: beloved: English

[name_m]Alec[/name_m]: defender: English
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]: fortune: English
Defender of fortune

[name_u]Sam[/name_u]: name of God: Hebrew
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]: ruler of the army: English

[name_u]Riley[/name_u]: rye meadow: English
[name_m]Sven[/name_m]: boy: Norwegian
rye meadow boy

[name_f]Adelina[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]: “[name_m]Noble[/name_m] wisdom”, [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] is a Latinate diminutive of [name_f]Adela[/name_f] (according to Behind the Name), whilst [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is Greek.
[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] Élisabeth: “Woman from [name_f]Magdala[/name_f]” / “God is my oath” (am not sure what their combined meaning would be), [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] is a Latinate form of [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] (again according to Behind the Name), whilst Élisabeth is the [name_m]French[/name_m] version of the Hebrew [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f]: “Island” / “[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] Nut” (am not sure what their combined meaning is, perhaps [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] Nut Island?), [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is of Scottish origins whilst [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] is [name_m]French[/name_m].
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]: “From Elysium”, which is the name of the realm of the dead in Greek and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] mythology, meaning “blissful”, so I guess this combo could mean “blissful rose”, which is gorgeous.
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]: “Help intoxicating”, from Greek and Irish Gaelic.

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]: “[name_m]Lion[/name_m]” / “the new house” (am not sure what their combined meaning would be), [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is of Latin origins whilst [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] is of Basque origins.
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]: “Defending men” / “farmer” (perhaps their joint meaning is "farmer defending men?), both names are of Greek origins.
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Archie[/name_m]: “Twin” / “genuine” (from [name_m]Archibald[/name_m]). [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is of Aramaic origins, whilst [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is of Scottish and English origins.
[name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]: “Home ruler” / “a release of a man”, [name_m]Harry[/name_m] is an English diminutive of [name_m]Henry[/name_m] which itself has Germanic origins as it is from [name_m]Heinrich[/name_m], whereas [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] is of Greek origins.
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]: “[name_f]Victory[/name_f] of the people” / “famous”. [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] is derived from the Greek ”ικολαος (or Nikolaos), whilst [name_m]Louis[/name_m] is the [name_m]French[/name_m] form of [name_m]Ludovicus[/name_m] or [name_m]Ludwig[/name_m].

A few names on my favourites list with combined meanings:
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f] [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f] (my all time favourite girls name)- All gifted Strong Faerie
[name_f]Venezia[/name_f] Lumi [name_u]Penna[/name_u]- [name_f]Venice[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] [name_f]Feather[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] Amaranth [name_f]Carys[/name_f]- Blind Unfading [name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] [name_m]Kenzo[/name_m]- Blessed Defending man Strong (b)

I’ve also got some others dotted around:
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]- Most holy [name_m]Light[/name_m]
[name_f]Urania[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]- [name_f]Heavenly[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]- [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]-[name_f]Fae[/name_f]- [name_f]Moon[/name_f] Faerie
[name_f]Phaedra[/name_f] [name_f]Enid[/name_f]- [name_u]Bright[/name_u] Life
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f] [name_f]Melodie[/name_f] [name_f]Astra[/name_f]- Joyous [name_f]Melody[/name_f] Of the stars
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]- Immortal Life (b)
[name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]- [name_u]Truly[/name_u] brave People of [name_f]Victory[/name_f] (b)

I seem to find it a lot easier to do with girls’ names for some reason.