The perfect name for our mixed family

Hello!
My husband and I are expecting a baby boy in [name]November[/name], and are having trouble agreeing on a name. My husband and I have been married for one year now, but both of us had been married previously. My husband, [name]John[/name], was married for 6 years and had 3 beautiful child: [name]Asher[/name] (8), [name]Reid[/name] (7), and [name]Honor[/name] (5). His wife, [name]Lucia[/name], died of breast cancer 4 years ago. I was married for 5 years myself, and had two daughters: [name]Alice[/name] (7) and [name]Margot[/name] (6). My first husband, [name]Alex[/name], passed away 5 years ago. We’ve both had some tough times in our lives, but are now a happily mixed family. I know this is personal, but I felt that it was important to know the circumstances to understand our family.
Some other important information: My children, [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margot[/name], have the last name Ryden, while my husband, his children, our son, and I have the last name [name]Brandon[/name].
Our goal is to find a name for our son that’s a combination of our two styles. I tend to prefer more traditional names, while my husband prefers more uncommon, somewhat ‘different’ names.
We’d love any suggestions on names that can bridge the cap.
Thank you,
[name]Amy[/name] Ryden [name]Brandon[/name]

Our goal is to find a name for our son that’s a combination of our two styles. I tend to prefer more traditional names, while my husband prefers more uncommon, somewhat ‘different’ names.

Hello [name]Amy[/name]

Your children have lovely names:

[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reid[/name], [name]Honor[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Margot[/name] and you want a name for your son. I will try

[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]James[/name]/[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Alister[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Mason[/name]

[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reid[/name], [name]Honor[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margot[/name]:

[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Ivo[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Ewan[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Stephan[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]August[/name]

All of your children are so well named! I dont think it will be too difficult to find a name to bridge the gap. I would suggest something in the vintage chic direction that is lower on the popularity charts.

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
Cavlin
[name]Edison[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]

Sorry for repeats

My husband and I finally agree on a name! We’re not set on it though.

1. What do you think of [name]Silas[/name]?
  2. [name]How[/name] does [name]Silas[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] sound?
  3. [name]How[/name] does it sound with [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reid[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Margot[/name] and [name]Honor[/name]?
  4. What middle names would go well with [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Brandon[/name]?

~[name]Amy[/name]~

Anyone? We reallly need help!

I like [name]Silas[/name]. It seems like it goes well with the other names in your joint family. I don’t know a good middle name to suggest.

I love [name]Silas[/name]! It’s on the top of my list. I think it goes well with your other children’s names.

[name]Silas[/name] is cute! As far as middle names go , my first thought was [name]Silas[/name] [name]Alexzander[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]. [name]Silas[/name] [name]Mackenzie[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] also goes well. My third suggestion is [name]Silas[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Brandon[/name].

I have always loved [name]Silas[/name] and it is a great fit for your family. I immediately thought [name]Silas[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]. The name gives off a warm and welcoming feel, somehow.

[name]Silas[/name] is so adorable and I think it goes perfect with you other kids names.
What about [name]Silas[/name] [name]Maurice[/name] or [name]Silas[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]?