The problem with "deciding" so early on...

…is that we keep second-guessing ourselves on our daughter’s name! I’m having namer’s remorse an entire month before she’s even arrived. Warning: long post.

The basics: we have three children - [name]Camille[/name] ("[name]Mia[/name]"), [name]Zachary[/name] ("[name]Zach[/name]") and [name]Laura[/name] (“Lo”). We’re expecting boy/girl twins in one month. Our boy’s name is set: [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Reeve[/name], named after my brother and father. But our girl’s name has actually caused arguments among us…we’ve “settled” on [name]Juliet[/name], but called her “[name]Rosemary[/name]” or “[name]Romy[/name]” for so long before that to the point that our kids are legitimately confused about what her name actually will be. I think I personally prefer [name]Juliet[/name], but there are so many other names I feel compelled to use, since it’s (presumably) my last child. Some we’ve rejected due to popularity ([name]Sophia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Abigail[/name]) and some because we’ve technically already used them as middle names ([name]Caroline[/name], [name]Sylvia[/name]/[name]Sylvie[/name]).

Oh, and we had a middle name combination completely set ([name]Juliet[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], honoring several people) but we haven’t been getting much positive feedback on that one, so maybe it’s just her mother and I who like it? Also, I had a dream in which we named her [name]Sylvia[/name] and called her [name]Sylvie[/name], which was perfect, but Lo’s middle name is [name]Sylvie[/name]…is that awful?

What should we do?! We’ve thought about waiting until we meet her but I’m so afraid of people not liking our final choice…and making an impulsive decision…

Everyone in real life is so sick of me talking about names, so I just thought I’d turn here once again to ease my mind, lol. Sorry for the long post.

[name]Jay[/name],

I think [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] J. is adorable, myself! Really, when you told me all of the reasons it was significant to you, I was hooked.

I would not use [name]Sylvie[/name] for the baby’s name considering it is [name]Laura[/name]'s middle name - maybe that’s just me. With [name]Camille[/name], [name]Zachary[/name], [name]Laura[/name], and [name]Benjamin[/name], maybe I’d use:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

Yep, it’s a short list - sorry! My favorite with [name]Camille[/name], [name]Zachary[/name], [name]Laura[/name], and [name]Benjamin[/name] is probably [name]Iris[/name], honestly. And, I think its got a really cool, mythological, almost ethereal feel to it, right?

I think [name]Iris[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] J. or [name]Iris[/name] [name]Catriona[/name] [name]Rose[/name] J. or [name]Iris[/name] [name]Julietta[/name] [name]Cate[/name] J. would be pretty, but [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is wonderful, too - pick what you love, [name]Jay[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] out of curiosity, what do people not like about [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]? I would have used [name]Juliet[/name] in an instant for our daughter if my husband had let me. P.s. the name we used instead was [name]Laura[/name]. [name]Juliet[/name] is SUCH as cool name, as is [name]Catherine[/name], and I love the flow of [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Catherine[/name].

So a [name]Laura[/name] nn Lo I had to chime it. I can’t see anything to object to [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. I think it’s a beautiful name that is both mature and light hearted at the same time.

Wow, guys! Totally not expecting positive feedback. Honestly we’ve only shared the name with a few people, but all of them said they weren’t too fond of [name]Zoe[/name]. I love it, though. [name]Derrick[/name] likes it now too - we’ve even considered it as the first name. Probably not with [name]Zachary[/name] though.

[name]Lemon[/name], I love your list, as always. I secretly wish we could use [name]Gwyneth[/name] or even [name]Gwendolyn[/name], but [name]Gwen[/name] and [name]Ben[/name] isn’t ideal, lol. We’ve thought of [name]Ruby[/name] as well! It reminds me of [name]Romy[/name] but sounds more like a full name to me. I like [name]Iris[/name] too. I think my main problem right there is I can’t get over the fact that there are so many names I love, and I only have one more person to name. Also, the kids keep asking when “[name]Benji[/name] and [name]Romy[/name]” are getting here…lol. One friend told us we should consider a Japanese middle name (our kids are half Japanese) just to complicate things even further.

Thanks, guys. I’m glad to hear some positivity!

I agree that [name]Zoe[/name] is a different kind of name than the others you’ve been using - more vintage classics - but it is a name with immense history and elegant, quirky style, so it works.

You’ve said a few times that you’re sad that you can’t use all the names you love because you’ve just got baby girl left to name - that’s terrible! Well, I guess it isn’t terrible, because you love a lot of names, but you’ve just got to go with your gut and pick something that you’re going to be happy with for years and years! [name]Say[/name] it, spell it, write it out - I have no idea - there’s got to be something that sets some above the others, right?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS Jeez. Why did I suggest [name]Gwyneth[/name] with [name]Benjamin[/name]. [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Gwyn[/name], even if it is more [gwin] than [gwen], is ridiculous! But, I’m glad you like [name]Ruby[/name] - very much like sassy [name]Romy[/name]! - and pretty [name]Iris[/name]…

I think it might be easier to wait until she is born. Maybe you could pick out 3 or 4 combos that you like, right them down, and then go to the hosipital with those names. Surely one of them will jump out at you when you meet her. [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is nice, although I would prefer [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Eva[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], same meaning but [name]Eva[/name] is more timeless then [name]Zoe[/name]. Have you considered looking for other fns that can get the nn [name]Romy[/name]?

I love [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]! But I am a little sad to see [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Romy[/name] go. I think you should make two perfect combos and bring them both to the hospital. I agree with you that you shouldn’t make too impulsive of a decision at that moment because you may regret it, but choosing between two (or maybe three) very well thought out options is fool proof. And you have such a great track record for a wonderfully named family that I think you need to have more confidence!