The Publisher's Place -1A-

This is a game I invented a number of years ago. The objective is to write a short story based on a given prompt. In the next one (notice this is titled ‘1A’; the next is ‘1B’) we will all offer brief editing suggestions for the stories written based on the prompt. You don’t have to offer edits to all of them, just at least one. Also, you don’t have to have written a story to suggest edits. Understand? I’m giving a few simple rules.

1. Please limit the foul language. There may be younger posters on this thread.
  2. Nothing super inappropriate. Again, younger posters.

I think that’s all. Basically just use common sense. Alright! Here’s the first prompt:

- (use name bank for MC’s hyphenated first) is an intense athlete for her school, and the most valued on the basketball team. When she gets in a car accident and breaks her femur, she can’t play any more. She struggles to maintain her determination to recover.

Namebank:
(first half) [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Lillie[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
(second half) [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_u]Rae[/name_u], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Mar[/name_f], [name_u]Skye[/name_u], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Lark[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_u]Grey[/name_u]

Anybody? I’ve done this before and it’s super fun! [name_m]Even[/name_m] if you only write a couple paragraphs…

…anyone?