The Queen's Great Grandaughter's Name

[name]Hi[/name] Nameberries, I have just heard that [name]Queen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s grandson [name]Peter[/name] [name]Phillips[/name] and his Canadian-born wife [name]Autumn[/name] have had a baby girl named [name]Savannah[/name]. I can’t recall a more modern and trendy name in the British [name]Royal[/name] Family. What do you think about this unusual choice for the royals?

It certainly more modern than the more usual Andrews, Edwards and Henrys, but I wasn’t too shocked - his sister is named [name]Zara[/name], quite a modern name, especially for the royal family, and his mother, the [name]Princess[/name] [name]Anne[/name], made sure that he and his sister would not have the titles which were offered to them at birth, so I always get a very modern vibe from their branch of the royal family.

[name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Savannah[/name] is cute. Its definately modern, but nothing over the top or “scandalous”

Oh I didn’t know the name was public yet! [name]Savannah[/name] is cute, it’s very trendy- I know a lot of little Savannahs!

I’m a fan of [name]Savannah[/name]. It was on our short list for dd #2. It would be on our list now if S.I.L. hadn’t used it :roll:

I might like [name]Savannah[/name] if there wasn’t [name]Susannah[/name] which is much better.

Her full name is [name]Savannah[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] [name]Phillips[/name].
[name]Anne[/name] and [name]Kathleen[/name] being after the paternal and maternal grandmothers.

I was surprised to see this but then their first daughter is [name]Isla[/name] isn’t she? They fit together well, both modern, popular and verging on chavvy [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Savannah[/name] is the elder daughter, [name]Isla[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is the latest addition :smiley:

I think its great that they have gone a bit edgier than the usual [name]Anne[/name] or [name]Mary[/name]. Lets see if [name]Wills[/name] and [name]Kate[/name] follow

I love their names, they’re untraditional without being weird and silly - and then they’ve honoured family members with the middle name. I especially find it fitting that [name]Isla[/name]'s middle name is [name]Elizabeth[/name], not only do the names sound great together, it’s also a great homage to Her [name]Majesty[/name], [name]Isla[/name] is her jubilee great-grandchild afterall.

I very much prefer [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Peter[/name]'s taste in names as compared to [name]Peter[/name]'s second cousins once removed and their taste in names ([name]Alexander[/name]'s [name]Xan[/name] and [name]Cosima[/name]; [name]Davina[/name]'s [name]Senna[/name] and [name]Tane[/name]; and [name]Rose[/name]'s [name]Lyla[/name]).

I think they are allowed to have more flexibility as they are further down the line of succession. If they do happen to somehow gain the throne I believe they have to use one of their “traditional MNs”.
For Example: [name]Prince[/name] [name]Harry[/name] is really [name]Henry[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Albert[/name] [name]David[/name], if he took the throne he would be [name]Henry[/name] not [name]Harry[/name] as he is publicly known.

I’m no expert though…