The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 2)

Pronunciation

Susannah ~ Sue-zann-uh/Sue-sann-ah
Anne ~ Ann?

*Note: Uh and ah sound the same in my accent.

Susannah?
  • Yes!
  • Sure!
  • Meh, for you but not for me
  • Not the best
  • No!

0 voters

Anne?
  • Yes!!
  • Yes
  • Good for you, not for me
  • No
  • No!!

0 voters

• Susannah
  • Anne
  • None
  • Both

0 voters

Kleo - same opinion (it works)
Khleo - looks like you tried to make it look like [name_f]Khloe[/name_f] so I can’t see it working

3 Likes

Goes immediately to look at your list

I love [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]!!

2 Likes

he was originally a she but ellie @EllieWilbury happened

3 Likes

I was thinking the same, it reminds me a lot of [name_f]Khloe[/name_f], I mostly put it cause of the actor

1 Like
for my boys’ list:
  • remy bennett
  • remy benedict
  • keep looking

0 voters

A few random polls:

Which combo do you like better?
  • David Winston George
  • David Joseph George

0 voters

How would you rate Rufus? (10 being the best)

0 voters

How do you pronounce Mika (f)?
  • My-kuh
  • Mee-kuh
  • Other (tag me)

0 voters

How would you rate Mika (f)? (10 being best)

0 voters

I voted like the car… but to be fair I love the name [name_m]Forrester[/name_m] which is a subaru.

1 Like

this was so hard! I voted [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] since its the more traditional spelling but I think I might prefer [name_f]Julienne[/name_f], very tough choice! Both are gorgeous!

1 Like

That was me many many moons ago. I very much disliked the [name_f]Roz[/name_f]- pronunciation but have grown to love it as I find the sharpness quite appealing - it feels very sophisticated.

3 Likes
  • Jean [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
  • Jean [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

0 voters

Jean’s brother?

• Frank
  • Rufus

0 voters

1 Like

Are these all girls?
If so, I like [name_u]June[/name_u] a little better in this set as it feels a little lighter and more modern than [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], which makes [name_u]Eden[/name_u] (modern, unisex) feel more natural in this set.

1 Like

Yes! I’m trying to build up a set that uses all the vowel sounds, but is still simple and has a natural flow to it.
Kind of just playing around with things. “U” has been the hardest to figure out because not a lot of names start with it that would match the others. So I’ve been looking for the next best thing.
(I also like the idea of them have distinct endings and 2 syllables. Which makes me reluctant to include June. So I wanted to see if it would change with 2 choices instead of 4.)

After this I’m gonna find an “A” to top it off. I have ones I like, but I’m trying to see what fits the others best before finishing out the set.

• Clarabeth
  • Maybeth
  • Annabeth
  • Lilibeth
  • Maribeth

0 voters

1 Like

I’ve learned that if you put [name_f]Beth[/name_f] at the end of practically any name, I will like it.

9 Likes

Annabeth is my favorite of those options, but I’ve also been loving Emmabeth lately!

6 Likes

Emmabeth is probably my favorite name I’ve seen on Nameberry for a while. Emmabeth [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] was your combination, right?

2 Likes

I think it was @new.romantic , actually, but I wish I had come up with it :joy: It’s beautiful!

3 Likes

Oh, thanks for letting me know! I wasn’t sure if it was you, but I’ve seen you mention Emmabeth a few times. @new.romantic and @EagleEyes, thank you for sharing Emmabeth!

3 Likes

Middle for [name_m]Bram[/name_m]?

• Bram [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] (Too B heavy?)
  • Bram [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]
  • Bram [name_m]Soloman[/name_m]
  • Bram [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
  • Bram [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] (Too Stoker?)
  • Bram [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
  • Bram [name_u]Starling[/name_u]

0 voters