The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 2)

:bear::mantelpiece_clock:

• Theotime
  • Theotyne

0 voters

1 Like

If [name_u]James[/name_u] can be [name_m]Jim[/name_m], I don’t see why it can’t be [name_u]Jem[/name_u]. At least there’s an “e” in the name, unlike “i”.

6 Likes
Which name on its own?
  • Casper
  • Caspar

0 voters

Which name in this combo?
  • Casper [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Sascha[/name_u]
  • Caspar [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Sascha[/name_u]

0 voters

Two [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m] polls:

• Harrison [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Locke[/name_m]
  • Harrison [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m]

0 voters

And:

• Thaddeus [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m] Crowley
  • Thaddeus Peregine Crowley

0 voters

I prefer [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] as a name but with [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] I think it’s too many syllables and messes up the flow

If Crowley is a middle name, I would prefer [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] Crowley [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]

3 Likes

I think they are absolutely beautiful together! :heart_eyes: If it were for real sisters, I’d probably limit the floral first names to one or two. [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] together would be just a little too much for a real sibset imo.

2 Likes

you would pronounce [name_f]Cecilie[/name_f]…

• more like [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
  • more like [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]

0 voters

1 Like

In [name_m]German[/name_m] I would say it more like [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] but in [name_f]English[/name_f] I’d go for sess-see-lee, so a more pronounced ee sound in the second syllable than [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] but with the lee ending. There’s also [name_f]Cecile[/name_f], the [name_u]French[/name_u] version of the name, which I pronounce suh-seel.

3 Likes

I seem to be in the minority but at first glance I’d assume it was like “seh-SEE-lee”

5 Likes

I’d ask :neutral_face:

2 Likes

it would depend where I was, in Denmark I would say suh-seel-yuh, in [name_f]France[/name_f] I would say seh-sih-lee and in [name_f]England[/name_f] I would say [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]

1 Like

Preference between these feminine names with unisex nicknames?
(You can choose both)

• Emily “[name_u]Lee[/name_u]”
  • Grace “[name_u]Grey[/name_u]”

0 voters

I know Grace “[name_u]Gray[/name_u]” makes more sense, but I prefer the grey spelling

I searched this thread high and low but I cannot for the life of me find the “vote for the best combos of my top 10” poll, [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is great, but in my mind it sticks out as kind of an “award-y” name because of the Oscars (Academy Awards) and the Hugos (award for science fiction)

Sybil conjures up negative images for me, although I admit that might not be fair to the name since it’s probably just a me thing. On the whole, Sybil’s just not a name I vibe with, but I won’t discourage you from using it!

Which do you like
  • Clara [name_u]Scout[/name_u]
  • Josephine [name_f]Jane[/name_f] “JJ”
  • Lillian [name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
  • Marie [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
  • Olivia [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
  • Maya [name_f]Opal[/name_f]
  • Vivienne [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
  • Millie [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
  • Alexandra [name_u]Camille[/name_u]
  • Anastasia [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]
  • Isabel [name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
  • Willow [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
  • Vivian [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
  • Remy [name_u]June[/name_u]
  • Ariel [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
  • Sophie [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
  • Juliet [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
  • Sutton [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
  • Saylor [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
  • Sunny [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

0 voters

Continued…
  • Mackenzie [name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
  • Elsie [name_f]Lena[/name_f]
  • Genevieve [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
  • Emilia [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]

0 voters

It’s perfectly fine, but I don’t really feel like [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] fits as well, imho.

1 Like

Genevieve [name_f]Anna[/name_f] doesn’t sound right to me. I don’t like it when a first name ends with a vowel and the middle name starts with a vowel. To me, it should be more separated.

Genevieve [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]

1 Like

Whenever it’s spelled [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] I always say it cas-PARR with more emphases on the second syllable vs [name_m]Casper[/name_m] which has more emphases on CAS

5 Likes

Favorite “U” Name?

What’s your favorite name that contains the letter u?

Girls
  • Aubrey
  • Audrey
  • Aurora
  • Autumn
  • Julia
  • June
  • Lucy
  • Luna
  • Ruby
  • Summer

0 voters

Boys
  • August
  • Austin
  • Hudson
  • Hunter
  • Jude
  • Julian
  • Justin
  • Lucas
  • Quinn
  • Ruben

0 voters

A lot of my favorite boys names have U! I have to limit myself or my whole UC would be U names :slight_smile:

Jude, [name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], [name_m]Bruno[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

1 Like