The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 4)

i feel like at this point, most -son names have become names on their own, rather than just “son of ___” names. so i see absolutely no issue with it

20 Likes

If you were to hear Theodore Wilde (not see, just hear), would you think Wild West or Oscar Wilde?

• Wild West
  • Oscar Wilde
  • Neither/don’t think of anything
  • Other (pls @)
  • (ignore this option)

0 voters

@futuremama I think of the adjective/word, which I suppose leans more toward [name_u]Wild[/name_u] [name_u]West[/name_u] than [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u].

2 Likes
Olga Linnéa Isola Irene or Olga Victoria Isola Irene
  • Olga Linnéa Isola Irene
  • Olga Victoria Isola Irene

0 voters

If it were just [name_u]Wilde[/name_u] then I’d think of [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u] but since it’s [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u] I don’t really think of anything

3 Likes

a lot of us are familiar with @Wandarine’s topic that’s all the rage right now

but how would y’all feel about a similar topic, only where you would get a sibset to name rather than a single child ?? (or twins, but those are obviously rare :sweat_smile:) I was thinking about it because when the teenberries had a child-naming craze, many of us made sibsets with the names we loved and it was a lot of fun & let us incorporate names we loved & compromise with each other.

this is just a fledgling idea right now so I’m not sure how the mechanics of it would work, but would y’all be interested ?

• yes !! naming kids is fun & making a set of siblings would be lovely !!
  • no, I don’t think so :blush:
  • uncertain/other
0 voters

and if you are interested, how would you like it to work ??

• choose your parter/partners !!
  • have assigned partner/partners !!
  • choose a number of kids !!
  • have an assigned number kids !!
  • choose the genders of the kids !!
  • have assigned gender for the kids !!
0 voters

thank you !! I’m not sure if I would do this because of the similarity to Wanda’s topic but I thought I’d just poll it :wink:

2 Likes

Blue names ~ :ocean: :sparkles:

• Azuline
  • Mazarine
  • Uliuli
  • Sapphira
  • Zafiris
  • Kallfü
  • Xiuxochitl
  • Lazuli

0 voters

Me just casually voting for all of them :blue_heart:

1 Like

@lemonrose please pretend I voted for [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f] :heart:

1 Like
choose whichever you prefer
  • Omer Yafit
  • Omer Yahel

0 voters

which Yahel variation do you prefer with Omer?
  • Omer Yahel
  • Omer Yaheli
  • Omer Yahelit
  • Omer Yahela

0 voters

more options for evelina
  • evelina darcy
  • darcy evelina

0 voters

Oscar and…
  • Ivan
  • Simon
  • Edgar
  • Gabriel

0 voters

I like the idea, but my concern is that starting a spin-off topic would fragment the participants, with people doing one or the other, not both. The more people that participate in a single one (with diverse backgrounds and naming styles), the more unexpected the challenge! It wouldn’t be as fun if all the teenberries gravitated towards one or the other, for example!

I also think the random assignment of partner, gender, and number makes us more creative and makes it more challenging (especially as in life, you never know what you’re going to get). Starting with just the one (or unlikely multiples) forces people to prioritize and compromise.

3 Likes

This seems like the logical conclusion of my thread and @OpheliaFlora 's Naming Children Realistically, so I’d say assigned partner, assigned genders/birth order but chosen number (or at least chosen number of attempts)

7 Likes

Omer!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is precious!!

1 Like
  • Finley Derek Fox
  • Finley True Fox
  • Finley Woodlark Fox
  • Finley Oscar Fox
  • Finley Cillian Fox
  • Finley Morgan Fox
  • Finley Edmund Fox
  • Finley Jay Fox
  • Finley Wilde Fox
  • Finley David Fox

0 voters

Preference? (girl)

• Ash
  • Asha

0 voters

Hm, maybe on your thread people could specify whether or not they’d like to / be willing to name siblings? I’m not sure if it could work but it’s an idea!

3 Likes

well, I’m a bit biased here :sweat_smile: but I also think [name_f]Asha[/name_f] is really lovely!!!