The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 4)

trying to give cleo (b) a more dark academic feel!
firstly, which spelling feels more masculine & dark academic to you?

• cleo
  • clio
0 voters

choose all you like! vote based off of whichever spelling for cleo/clio you prefer

• cleo peregrine
  • cleo linnaeus
  • cleo percival
  • cleo adonis
  • cleo alistair
  • cleo alexander
0 voters

& your favorite?

• cleo peregrine
  • cleo linnaeus
  • cleo percival
  • cleo adonis
  • cleo alistair
  • cleo alexander
0 voters

and between these two?

• cleo august
  • leo august
0 voters

Yea pretty much the same as @ellerbea, but I think you could rock as a [name_f]Beth[/name_f] or [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

2 Likes

Loooooove [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] for a boy, I like the name in general, though I have a odd association with it for some reason, doesn’t make much sense but I always think about it in the back of my mind

1 Like

I would absolutely be voting for mĂĄire miriam and mĂĄire mhaigdilĂ©ana if it weren’t too double [name_f]Mary[/name_f] or [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]. (Although you can never have too many [name_u]Marian[/name_u] names, and I don’t know if the association is too strong for [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] to use!)

1 Like

Very very slightly different but barely noticeable, just has a slightly more -ehn sound to it

22 Likes

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_u]Florence[/name_u], & [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] would all be a great match!

2 Likes

same as @leafygreens

2 Likes

i personally think cleo works better for a boy since clio is the name of one of the muses in greek mythology. cleo doesn’t really have a strong association for either gender.

4 Likes

oh i didn’t know that! thank you!

2 Likes

I picked Leo August for flow, but the combo is a bit zodiac-ish considering Leo is an August sign!

3 Likes

Mary?

• Love
  • Lose

0 voters

My fiance has begged me to name our first daughter “Tina” he compromised and let me choose Valentina with the promise that her nn. will be Tina. His middle name choice is “Exandria” (He’s a Critical Role Fanatic) my choices are the other 2.

• Valentina Grace Exandria B.
  • Valentina Grace Anna B.
  • Valentina Grace Elizaveta B.

0 voters

Would it be weird to have a sibset where one sister has a “boy name for a girl”, and the other has a very feminine name?

• Very weird
  • A little weird
  • Not particularly weird
  • Not weird at all

0 voters

I think if he is stipulating the first name/nickname, it’s fair that you should have more control over the middle names. So I voted one of your picks for that reason, but also because I think [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] is really beautiful. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I’d expect [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] (for example) to be a mixed sibset rather than two girls and would find the parents’ choices really strange, it would make me think they really wanted a boy!

11 Likes

Depends on the names

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] & [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] wouldn’t bother me
[name_u]James[/name_u] & [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] sounds rather odd to me

10 Likes

vote for your favorites :sparkles:

• ingrid matilda
  • ingrid eloise
  • ingrid evelyn
  • ingrid emmeline
  • ingrid caroline
  • ingrid dahlia
  • ingrid helena
  • ingrid soleil
  • ingrid moss

0 voters

1 Like

clio august is chef’s kiss

i’ve been a clio/cleo (b) champion forever !! i had jupiter cleo sol (b) on my uc a while back !! and i remember that @JoMarchisQueen used to have cleo barnaby !!

2 Likes

like many of the other users have said, it depends— marlow & mary would be fine, george & lucina would seem odd !!

1 Like

Been thinking about Mireille and Mairead recently, so which of these combos I have so far do you like?

• Mireille Primrose
  • Mireille Violin
  • Mireille Lake
  • Mireille Adamaris
  • Mireille Rosemary
  • Ravenna Mireille
  • Rosaline Mireille
  • Josepha Mireille
  • Every Mireille
  • Daphne Mireille

0 voters

• Emma Mairead