The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 4)

oops I answered for myself :rofl: (I have 5 children, but wanted 6). For you- I like the compromise of 4. And I dont think even vs odd matters.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know how to vote in this poll because I literally donā€™t care at all. Some of the names I love are in the top 10 and some are outside the top 1000, and I donā€™t have any qualms about using either kind of them :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

^^ this :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ve never considered thisā€¦ :grimacing::no_mouth:

itā€™s okay, but i like arthur, edgar, and roger better :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Which sister set?

• Frantiska Pearl and Theodora Lilac - ā€œFrankieā€ and ā€œTeddyā€
  • Frantiska Pearl and Dorothea Lilac - ā€œFrankieā€ and ā€œDotā€

0 voters

1 Like

I love [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] matches Frantiska a bit better!

4 Likes
  • Emrys and Amos are too similar for brothers.
  • Emrys and Amos are a fine brother duo.

0 voters

• Hazel Therese
  • Hazel Teresa (terr-eh-suh)

0 voters

Avedon?

• Girl
  • Boy

0 voters

How would you pronounce it?

• AA-veh-DON
  • AH-veh-DON
  • AA-veh-DIN
  • other

0 voters

Acosta?

• Love
  • Neutral
  • Dislike

0 voters

• Girl
  • Boy

0 voters

Like the A in apple, not ah (like when at the doctors) but not aa like the letter A

10 Likes
  • Hattie Willa
  • Willa Blair

0 voters

I would probably just start with one and feel it out from there. Itā€™s probably a good idea to have a ballpark figure for how many kids you want to have, so saying you want to have a minimum of three is a good starting point. Who knows? You might get to three and feel like thatā€™s enough for you both. (You might even feel that way after one or two.) You might also get to three and find your husband is more open to the idea of having one or two more. It really depends, and I donā€™t think you can always ā€œplanā€ for sure how many kids you will have.

Edit: And then I read that @Iris_Claire said much the same thing, but I agree and my opinion here still stands. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fav. Mn for Phoebe, nn Bee with sister named; Eleanor Dove, nn Leni?

• Phoebe Larkspur
  • Phoebe Meadow
  • Phoebe Birdie
  • Phoebe Bluejay
  • Phoebe Hawk
  • Phoebe Wren
  • Phoebe Rosalind
  • Phoebe Denise
  • Phoebe Seren
  • Phoebe Bird
  • Phoebe Lavender
  • Phoebe Snowdrop
  • Phoebe Finch
  • Phoebe Wilde
  • Phoebe Cove
  • Phoebe Blythe
  • Phoebe Swan
  • Phoebe Clove
  • Phoebe Muse
  • Phoebe Tallulah

0 voters

Iā€™m not a Spanish speaker but I can read most of them as if reading in Spanish. But I know an [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] whose family is Spanish speaking and I love how she says her name. But itā€™s like anglicized ish still I guess? add-uh-LYE-duh.

1 Like

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is perfect for this sibset! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Which combo do you think works best?
(If I use Seraphina for this combo, then Iā€™ll use Aphrodite in a different one and the same for the other way round :slight_smile: )

• Seraphina Vesper Tinuviel
  • Aphrodite Vesper Tinuviel
  • Seraphina Vesper something else
  • Aphrodite Vesper something else

0 voters

There were many more combos I wanted to vote for because they sounded beautiful, I just have a hard time with Phoebe having a bird middle name since Phoebeā€™s are already a kind of bird

4 Likes

Then donā€™t vote but some of us do care. Itā€™s not about the names you love but names you would use. A name being too popular can change a naming plan because we donā€™t want there to be 5 kids with the same name in their class. Iā€™m not saying the poll is perfect but I was interested in seeing how people would ideally like to name their children. Popularity is probably not the most important criteria to anyone but something to take into consideration for a variety of reasons, not just for vanity.

1 Like