The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 4)

Dorothy Miriam?
  • Love
  • Lose

0 voters

• Thatā€™s my combo/I know whose it is
  • Youā€™re good

0 voters

Iā€™m mulling over the idea of using Athena as a middle name someday, but I worry that itā€™s pretentious and/or hard to live up to in a non-Greek context! I view it akin to a virtue name that just evokes intelligence and bravery rather than traditionally popular feminine virtues (such as being graceful, flower-like, etc). What do you think? (Private results).

• Itā€™s neither pretentious nor hard to live up to
  • Itā€™s pretentious
  • Itā€™s hard to live up to
  • Itā€™s both pretentious and hard to live up to

0 voters

So that was my vote but I do think itā€™s pretentious, just not in a bad way, more pretentious as in the same way dark academia vibes have, very intelligent and strong and grounded, not in a prissy brat way. The whole vibe of [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is just, so good

8 Likes

Iā€™ve actually known/come across several Athenaā€™s, so I donā€™t even associate it with Greek mythology anymore. [name_f]My[/name_f] friend from 5th gradeā€™s little sister is who I primarily associate it with & that family was the very opposite of pretentious.

8 Likes

I think i might like the name atticus, but Iā€™m a nickname gal so if i use it i need to find a suitible nn.

I donā€™t love the idea of using Atti\Addi, but what do you think of these?

• Kit
  • Gus
  • Ty
  • I have another idea! (dm me!)

0 voters

I was thinking Kit was a stretch until I remembered Kit is historically a nickname for Christopher (and Catherine/Katherine) :sweat_smile:

more indecisiveness for a nb nursery baby, this time w @drfox

• agnes maria lilac
  • lilac cezanne (roughly prnc say-zon)

0 voters

• Ć©vangĆ©lie
  • evening

0 voters

• evangeline
  • evangelina
  • evangelie
  • evangelia
  • vanina

0 voters

• Amadea Blythe
  • Amity Florence

0 voters

Iā€™ve always liked Tuck as a stretchy nn for Atticus :slight_smile:

14 Likes

[name_f]Celeste[/name_f] does make me think of the second thing but not really the bad part of it, just the person who had the name. So I wouldnā€™t consider that an issue!

I put hard to live up to but I mean that in a good way, like itā€™s aspirational.

1 Like

A continuation of my last poll, im trying to decide on a middle name for Atticus

• Atticus Ried
  • Atticus Jude
  • Atticus James
  • Atticus Grey
  • Atticus Andrew
  • Atticus Wilde(r)
  • Atticus Lincoln :wink:

0 voters

Any other suggestions are welcome!

1 Like

Girls weā€™re deciding between:

• Margaret
  • Marion
  • Mary

0 voters

Boys weā€™re deciding between:

• Walter called ā€œWaltā€
  • Just Walt

0 voters

• Roger
  • Richard called ā€œRitchieā€
  • Robert called ā€œRobbieā€

0 voters

1 Like

i love roger! an underrated classic

9 Likes

[name_m]Richard[/name_m] is so underrated :black_heart: also adore [name_u]Marion[/name_u]

4 Likes

@halinka [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] is much easier to read in my opinion :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Great choices!

@josieaitken what about [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]? I love the flow of these two!!

@autumn.leaves [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u] came to mind!

@lumosmaxima i love [name_f]Zofia[/name_f], Sophielle & [name_f]Sofina[/name_f] :blush:

@storygirl87 [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] is precious and I can see it on someone at any age!

@TeaJay Taz is such a cool nickname for the classic [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] :heart_eyes_cat:

@lemonrose [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:chefā€™s kiss

@billie_154 i LOVE LOVE LOVE [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]

9 Likes

I love Walter!! Such a timeless name :blush:

2 Likes

yes, i thought about that! my main concern was another thing that is so ridiculous i wonā€™t even say it, so iā€™m glad you didnā€™t pick up on that one. thank you!

1 Like

I went to school with an [name_f]Athena[/name_f]! Definitely wearable.

2 Likes