The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 5)

Huh! Iā€™ve never heard that for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. Thatā€™s really pretty. :relaxed:

1 Like

I know one of each, but I would always assume -LEEN

I always default to ā€œleenā€. Iā€™ve never heard ā€œlineā€ but have heard ā€œlynā€ before.

1 Like

:green_heart:

• Jasper
  • Oscar

0 voters

Assassin isnā€™t as bad as ass, but maybe not super still. I asked my spouse what he thought and he said, ā€œWhy would the initials for the abbreviation of ā€˜associationā€™ be bad?ā€ :joy:

I understand your opinion on [name_m]Albus[/name_m] - totally valid! I appreciate your response!

3 Likes

iā€™m so basic and boring i pronounce it with the -lynn ending :sob: (so itā€™s kinda like uh-VAN-juh-lynn, really unpleasant sounding)

Please choose all you like

• Sylvie Peregrine
  • Selah Beatrice
  • Seraphine Opal
  • Winnie Cordelia
  • Mabel Reverie
  • Cordelia Sparrow
  • Seraphina Blythe
  • Leonora Dove
  • Leonie Estelle
  • Magnolia Charlotte
  • Felicity Clover
  • Tabitha Bronte
  • Juno Bellamy
  • Zelda Darling
  • Elizabeth Xanthe
  • Alma Rosebud

0 voters

• Caspar Peregrine
  • Caspian Arthur

0 voters

• Robin Malachi
  • Robin Cassius
  • Robin Hugo
  • Robin Evander
  • Robin George
  • Robin Huckleberry
  • Robin Bellamy
  • Robin Leonardo

0 voters

[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is divine!!

2 Likes

The association is really strong but Iā€™m here for slowly detaching ā€˜HP namesā€™ from those characters and returning them to ā€˜normalā€™ as has happened with [name_f]Luna[/name_f] - signed, someone who is eternally bitter about the name [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] :laughing:

5 Likes

I always pronounce the first letter as a long E! ee-van-jell-een.

• Julia Lark
  • Julia Nightingale
  • Julia Poppy

0 voters

for a side characterā€¦

how would you spell am-reeā€¦
  • Amry
  • Amrey
  • Amri
  • Amree
  • Amrie

0 voters

@lemonrose [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is so sweet, warm, quirky, and cozy!! how perfect!

@Etymology [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_u]Swan[/name_u], [name_f]Lua[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Edie[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u], & [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] are stunning!!

@winterlyricalfox while I think they do go together (long name + short nickname), I do think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] feels a lot less exciting than the other two. Iā€™d absolutely swoon over sisters named [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] & [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], but [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] feels a lot more plain and expected. That might just be a me problem though, as Iā€™ve known a lot of Alexanders! I do, however, think [name_u]Sandy[/name_u] is unexpected and fun and Iā€™d be delighted to meet an [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] who went by [name_u]Sandy[/name_u]!

@leafygreens [name_m]Abel[/name_m] Icaro is so incredibly handsome!!

@sandpiper Iā€™ve had [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] on my list for so long, I think itā€™s so sweet & spunky!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@handlion I prefer [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] personally, but I love the honor for [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] [name_u]Joan[/name_u]! I think you canā€™t go wrong with either!!

@TheNightingale personally, I would avoid those initials. I know initials arenā€™t the most important thing, but I remember being teased for my initials (even though they literally donā€™t spell out anything :sweat_smile:). I think it definitely depends, but when I was younger, I remember doing school assignments involving initials and having the other kids make fun of mine. I couldnā€™t imagine how much worse the teasing wouldā€™ve been if they had spelt out a word like ass. however, I think in that scenario maybe he could say his initials were ASN instead? of course though that means he wouldnā€™t be sharing one of the names with people, which might bother you!
As for [name_m]Albus[/name_m], I think itā€™s completely usable. Iā€™m not a fan of [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], so maybe my opinion is different than others, but I think itā€™s fine. I of course know the character, but I only think itā€™s an overwhelmingly strong association to fans. If I mentioned the name [name_m]Albus[/name_m] to most people in my life, theyā€™d have no idea of the association (I think maybe a lot of non fans would recognize Dumbledore but maybe not Albus?).
anyway, sorry this got so long :sweat_smile: hopefully it all made sense!

@clair.de.lune [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] was a very close 6th!!

@snowmaiden Iā€™ve only ever heard it pronounced like -leen, I had no idea people pronounced it differently :sweat_smile:

@billie_154 [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Darling[/name_f], oh my gosh, Iā€™m in love!! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Thank you :relaxed:

• Clover Dottie
  • Lavender Dorothy
  • Daisy Dorothea
  • Briar Minnie
  • Flora Winnie
  • Ivy Betty
  • Fern Edie
  • Lilac Bee
  • Marigold Birdie
  • Iris Bonnie
  • Dahlia Betsy

0 voters

• Edwin Valentine
  • Edmund Moss

0 voters

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] are so wonderful.

2 Likes
Summary

:face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears: thank you!!

Summary

:face_holding_back_tears: :heart: ahh thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Why not start a new one! Continue discussion at The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 6).