The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 5)

Huh! I’ve never heard that for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. That’s really pretty. :relaxed:

1 Like

I know one of each, but I would always assume -LEEN

I always default to “leen”. I’ve never heard “line” but have heard “lyn” before.

1 Like

:green_heart:

• Jasper
  • Oscar

0 voters

Assassin isn’t as bad as ass, but maybe not super still. I asked my spouse what he thought and he said, “Why would the initials for the abbreviation of ‘association’ be bad?” :joy:

I understand your opinion on [name_m]Albus[/name_m] - totally valid! I appreciate your response!

3 Likes

i’m so basic and boring i pronounce it with the -lynn ending :sob: (so it’s kinda like uh-VAN-juh-lynn, really unpleasant sounding)

Please choose all you like

• Sylvie Peregrine
  • Selah Beatrice
  • Seraphine Opal
  • Winnie Cordelia
  • Mabel Reverie
  • Cordelia Sparrow
  • Seraphina Blythe
  • Leonora Dove
  • Leonie Estelle
  • Magnolia Charlotte
  • Felicity Clover
  • Tabitha Bronte
  • Juno Bellamy
  • Zelda Darling
  • Elizabeth Xanthe
  • Alma Rosebud

0 voters

• Caspar Peregrine
  • Caspian Arthur

0 voters

• Robin Malachi
  • Robin Cassius
  • Robin Hugo
  • Robin Evander
  • Robin George
  • Robin Huckleberry
  • Robin Bellamy
  • Robin Leonardo

0 voters

[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is divine!!

2 Likes

The association is really strong but I’m here for slowly detaching ‘HP names’ from those characters and returning them to ‘normal’ as has happened with [name_f]Luna[/name_f] - signed, someone who is eternally bitter about the name [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] :laughing:

5 Likes

I always pronounce the first letter as a long E! ee-van-jell-een.

• Julia Lark
  • Julia Nightingale
  • Julia Poppy

0 voters

for a side character…

how would you spell am-ree…
  • Amry
  • Amrey
  • Amri
  • Amree
  • Amrie

0 voters

@lemonrose [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is so sweet, warm, quirky, and cozy!! how perfect!

@Etymology [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_u]Swan[/name_u], [name_f]Lua[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Edie[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u], & [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] are stunning!!

@winterlyricalfox while I think they do go together (long name + short nickname), I do think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] feels a lot less exciting than the other two. I’d absolutely swoon over sisters named [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] & [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], but [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] feels a lot more plain and expected. That might just be a me problem though, as I’ve known a lot of Alexanders! I do, however, think [name_u]Sandy[/name_u] is unexpected and fun and I’d be delighted to meet an [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] who went by [name_u]Sandy[/name_u]!

@leafygreens [name_m]Abel[/name_m] Icaro is so incredibly handsome!!

@sandpiper I’ve had [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] on my list for so long, I think it’s so sweet & spunky!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@handlion I prefer [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] personally, but I love the honor for [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] [name_u]Joan[/name_u]! I think you can’t go wrong with either!!

@TheNightingale personally, I would avoid those initials. I know initials aren’t the most important thing, but I remember being teased for my initials (even though they literally don’t spell out anything :sweat_smile:). I think it definitely depends, but when I was younger, I remember doing school assignments involving initials and having the other kids make fun of mine. I couldn’t imagine how much worse the teasing would’ve been if they had spelt out a word like ass. however, I think in that scenario maybe he could say his initials were ASN instead? of course though that means he wouldn’t be sharing one of the names with people, which might bother you!
As for [name_m]Albus[/name_m], I think it’s completely usable. I’m not a fan of [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], so maybe my opinion is different than others, but I think it’s fine. I of course know the character, but I only think it’s an overwhelmingly strong association to fans. If I mentioned the name [name_m]Albus[/name_m] to most people in my life, they’d have no idea of the association (I think maybe a lot of non fans would recognize Dumbledore but maybe not Albus?).
anyway, sorry this got so long :sweat_smile: hopefully it all made sense!

@clair.de.lune [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] was a very close 6th!!

@snowmaiden I’ve only ever heard it pronounced like -leen, I had no idea people pronounced it differently :sweat_smile:

@billie_154 [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Darling[/name_f], oh my gosh, I’m in love!! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Thank you :relaxed:

• Clover Dottie
  • Lavender Dorothy
  • Daisy Dorothea
  • Briar Minnie
  • Flora Winnie
  • Ivy Betty
  • Fern Edie
  • Lilac Bee
  • Marigold Birdie
  • Iris Bonnie
  • Dahlia Betsy

0 voters

• Edwin Valentine
  • Edmund Moss

0 voters

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] are so wonderful.

2 Likes
Summary

:face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears: thank you!!

Summary

:face_holding_back_tears: :heart: ahh thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Why not start a new one! Continue discussion at The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 6).