The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 5)

If it’s for a French character, Belen would still be pronounced very similar to Belén, only the first E would be slightly different but overall it’s still be-LENN. Bélène would give you the same pronunciation as the Spanish name while looking more French.

2 Likes

[name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_u]Bay[/name_u] was my personal favorite of the three but it’s a bit more breezy, bohemian whereas [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_u]March[/name_u] (for the sake of this comment) is more rolling hills, fireplaces (somewhat imaging [name_f]Greta[/name_f] Gerwig’s [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women aesthetic but not on purpose) which seemed more fitting for you as well as with [name_u]Clyde[/name_u], [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], [name_u]Afton[/name_u]

1 Like

Who do you think would win in a match?

• Chip, Dale, Monterey Jack, Gadget, Zipper
  • Lucky Cadpig Rolly Spot

0 voters

• Marianne
  • Marie-Anne

0 voters

• Marianne
  • Coraline
  • Hélène
  • Adèle
  • Bonus: Mireille
  • Bonus: Blanche

0 voters

Pronounciation of Coraline: Leen not line

• Marine
  • Marianne

0 voters

yu LEE la :crab::sun_with_face:

• julilla
  • iulilla

0 voters

Fav nn for Susannah;

• Sue
  • Susie
  • Suki
  • Zuzu
  • Zannah
  • Annie
  • Something else

0 voters

If I nickname my Susannah “Suki,” will people think I’m appropriating the name Suki from the Japanese culture?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

It’s a just a nickname I think it’d be fine, plus it’s used in other places other than Japan as a name aside from it being a legitimate diminutive of [name_f]Susanna[/name_f].

Also my fav nn for [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is [name_f]Sansa[/name_f] :relieved:

7 Likes

I don’t live in an english speaking country and know that [name_f]Suki[/name_f] is used as a nickname for Susanne/Susannah. From what I get it’s actually not a name in Japan but a word for love that was only used as a name in Avatar the last airbender and thats probably where this misconcept comes from. It’s also pronounced diffrent as “Ski” not Soo-ki.

3 Likes

If you had four daughters and had to pick one of these sets of four names for your girls, which set would you choose?

:womans_hat::evergreen_tree::tulip::closed_book:

• Mary, Ruby, Muriel, & Daisy
  • Isabel, Dorothy, Lillian, & Florence
  • Frances, Katharine, Jean, & Joan
  • Janet, June, Margaret, & Elizabeth
  • Trini, Winona, Claire, & Kirsten
  • Willa, Maya, Annes, & Kathryn
  • Emma, Saoirse, Eliza, & Florence

0 voters

*Note! Annes is pronounced “ANN-iss.” :relaxed:

This is a purely self-indulgent poll question, but one I’ve wondered the answer to for years! I have a feeling I know which set berries will gravitate towards, but we’ll see if I’m right. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

For those curious, these are indeed the casts of each of the film / TV adaptations of Little Women! :heart: These beautiful sister sets are casts from 1917, 1918, 1933, 1949, 1994, 2017, and 2019.

7 Likes

What sounds more seductive

• Marillia (mah-rill-ya)
  • Ophelia
  • Lavinia (la-veen-ya)
  • Dulcinea (dulce-sin-ay-ah)
  • Cosette

0 voters

I’ve been wondering for years & the previous post has prompted me to finally ask haha. How do you say Dulcinea?

• dul-SIN-ee-a
  • dul-sin-AY-a
  • I switch between them
  • Other

0 voters

dool-cee-NEE-ah / dul-cee-NAY-uh

5 Likes

my favorite nickname is sosie!

@futuremama i pronounce it the same as @opheliaflora

5 Likes

I’ve always said dul-chin-ay-a but also been wondering if that’s even right

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] family is from Greece, my parents moved to [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and then I was born, and the Greek community is fairly tight :slight_smile: The correct way to say it is dul-sin-ay-a.
Since it’s a Greek name, when you pronounce it in the Greek community, we have the A sound where the E is. It’s a more common name than you think, but it can also be pronounced as dul-seen-ee-ah or Dul-sin-eye-ah @futuremama

1 Like

Best first middle to pair with second middle Hafren (hav-ren)?

• Chloe
  • Freya
  • Grace
  • Ivy
  • Jade
  • Jasmine
  • Leah
  • Paisley
  • Keep Looking

0 voters

Best first middle for Forest?

Forest _____
  • Ayden
  • Leo
  • Liam
  • Keep Looking

0 voters

Another character inspo~

Middle name for her~

pic

• Adriana Lumusi
  • Adriana Thandeka
  • Adriana Ssanyu
  • Adriana Etenesh
  • Adriana Nkiru

0 voters

Pronunciation for Viggo?

• vig - oh
  • vee - goh
  • other

0 voters

i think i will definitely have the name narrowed down to at least two combos before baby is born! if i had more than one picked, i would most likely take them all into the birth and decide what fits the baby best. i won’t have the name picked before i get pregnant though lol!

1 Like

I love love love [name_f]Delia[/name_f] :ballet_shoes:

2 Likes