The Quick Poll Thread, Volume 3!

There’s this list I look at for more unusual nature names that you might like! Here~

Out of that list in the list Oliver Birch or Oliver Storm could be pretty cool (there’s tons of names that can go awesome with Oliver though those were just me going through it really quickly)

2 Likes

thank you!! both Oliver Birch and Oliver Storm are awesome. and thanks for the list, i’ll check it out !!

1 Like

[name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_u]October[/name_u] is fab !!

1 Like

as a [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] I say yes to [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] but no to [name_f]Joanie[/name_f] if pronounced Jo-nee but yes if pronounced Jo-annie which I would write Joannie.

Thinking about these girls :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • Astrid
  • Ingrid
  • Sigrid
0 voters
Astrid on a boy?
  • Yay
  • Nay
0 voters
Ingrid on a boy?
  • Yay
  • Nay
0 voters
Sigrid on a boy?
  • Yay
  • Nay
0 voters

I do prefer all of these on a girl, but what if? :eyes:

technically we get taught oh-la (oh as in orange) but people who aren’t good at hearing the nuances of a foreign language just say oe-la.

like oui - saying wee instead of oo-ee

3 Likes

I actually prefer [name_u]Colorado[/name_u] to some of the others due to it’s spanish meaning :joy:

not a fan of most states as names though. (With the exception of [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] - but that was a name first)

1 Like

Just curious, what dialect to you speak (I think I saw you mention you speak French)? I speak Acadian (very slangy/franglais) and oui is said more like “wee”, although ouais “way” is much more common. (Oui like wee rather than oo-ee is probably the franglais/slang influence).

accidentally voted on the last poll - both are masculine (well, neutral, but v cute on boys) to me!

1 Like

@EllieWilbury okay I feel like I need to break down my thoughts about these, even though no one asked :joy:

I do think that [name_u]York[/name_u] & [name_u]Jersey[/name_u] could’ve been included! :sweat_smile:
[name_f]Alabama[/name_f], [name_u]Indiana[/name_u], Idaho, Kentucky, [name_u]Dakota[/name_u], and [name_f]Wyoming[/name_f] is nice, but I think I’d prefer it without Idaho. Al/Bam, [name_u]Indie[/name_u], [name_m]Tuck[/name_m], Kota/Dax, + [name_u]Winn[/name_u] - I like it! I cant think of a fun nn for Idaho! also, [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] feels feminine to me, because it’s the name of [name_m]Travis[/name_m] Barker’s daughter!
oooh, I love [name_f]Alaska[/name_f], but I’m not really feeling the rest of the sibset. I think maybe without [name_u]Texas[/name_u] I like it more! I’m digging the idea of [name_f]Florida[/name_f] nn [name_f]Flora[/name_f]!
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Carolina[/name_f], and [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] probably is the most natural sounding one!
[name_u]Arizona[/name_u], [name_u]California[/name_u], and [name_u]Nevada[/name_u] give off very cool sisters vibes. [name_u]Aza[/name_u], Calla/Callie, & Nev!! I like the idea of [name_u]Nev[/name_u] being a boy too!
hmmm Arkansas nn Ark could be cool. not feeling Connecticut or Illinois though.
I imagine Delaware, Iowa, and [name_u]Montana[/name_u] as ggb!!! [name_u]Del[/name_u], [name_f]Io[/name_f], and Monty!!! (wrote this before seeing your poll, and just wanted to add that even though I voted [name_m]Monty[/name_m] for boy, I like it on a girl too!!)
I like the sound of [name_u]Hawaii[/name_u], I’d rather it paired with something else though. Maybe [name_u]Hawaii[/name_u] & [name_f]Alaska[/name_f], they give similar vibes to me!!
okay but [name_u]Maine[/name_u] & Minnesota “Minnie” are kinda cute together!!!
I dont know why but [name_u]Kansas[/name_u] and Oregon feel like the boys in the sibset, and Michigan and Nebraska feel like the girls!!
why do I actually kinda like the idea of sisters named [name_f]Louisiana[/name_f] and Maryland??? [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] + Mar?! [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] + Mary??!!! [name_u]Lou[/name_u] + Marla?!!?!
I think [name_f]Missouri[/name_f] “Missy” could be cool! I like it with brothers Wisconsin and [name_m]Vermont[/name_m]! [name_m]Vermont[/name_m] feels very much like a name to me, not sure why!
Oklahoma and [name_m]Washington[/name_m] are pretty cool together! I dont like place or presidential names, but I like the vibes of [name_m]Washington[/name_m]!
I think Pennsylvania could go either way [name_u]Penn[/name_u] (b) or [name_u]Penny[/name_u] (g)!! Its really cool paired with [name_u]Tennessee[/name_u] “Essie” or “Ness” maybe? and Mississippi “Missy” or even “Pippi”!!

okay, sorry, I had way too much fun with this :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

[name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] :pleading_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] and [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] too!!

2 Likes
My Higher Ranked Loves — Which one gets you the LEAST excited to hear these days?
  • Emilia
  • Isla
  • Neither! These still make me happy to hear

0 voters

How are you pronouncing Emilia?
  • Eh-MEE-Lee-Ah (4 syllables)
  • Eh-MEAL-ya (3 syllables)

0 voters

• Isla Jade Wildrose
  • Isla Juliet Wildrose
  • Isla Wildrose Aurelia
  • Isla Jade Aurelia
  • Isla Juliet Esme

0 voters

• Emilia Violet Selena
  • Emilia Luna Violet
  • Emilia Violet Amora
  • Emilia Violet Willow
  • Emilia Jane Valentine

0 voters

Auli’i (Hawai’ian) ow-lee-ee

• Auli’i Sonnet
  • Auli’i Sonnet Bay

0 voters

Rosalind is pronounced as rose-uh-lind

• Replace Calla Rosalind Seawisp with Auli’i Rosalind Seawisp
  • Keep Calla Rosalind Seawisp

0 voters

Pleased to remind you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Reminds me of my GP set [name_u]Arizona[/name_u] “Ari”, [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] “Indie”, and [name_u]Nevada[/name_u] “Evy” :grin:!! All girls for me (I picked them because I love the idea of 3 girls named [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_u]Indie[/name_u], and Evy) but all 3 feel unisex.

I also know of a girl named [name_u]Kansas[/name_u] (named for a horse, not the state, wildly), and when I moved from Michigan, that was my nickname at dance for about a year.

2 Likes

Does the name Sylvia make you think of Sylvia Plath?

• Yes, she’s my first association with the name
  • Yes, but she’s not my first association
  • No, but I know of the association
  • No, and I don’t know the association

0 voters

And her parents’ names, for fun:

• Otto Emil
  • Aurelia Frances

0 voters

1 Like
Lola Paige
  • Yay!
  • Nay

0 voters

Ophelia Claire
  • Yay!
  • Nay

0 voters

Agatha Nyx
  • Yay!
  • Nay

0 voters

Cordelia Blythe
  • Yay!
  • Nay

0 voters

Cecilia Belle
  • Yay!
  • Nay

0 voters

Coco Julianna
  • Yay!
  • Nay

0 voters

Saskia Beatrice
  • Yay!
  • Nay

0 voters

Andrea Haley ‘Andie’
  • Yay!
  • Nay

0 voters

Pandora Jolie
  • Yay!
  • Nay

0 voters

Alice Gwendolyn
  • Yay!
  • Nay

0 voters

Vida Florence
  • Yay!
  • Nay

0 voters

Lea _
  • Lea Joni
  • Lea Monroe

0 voters

Caoimhe _
  • Caoimhe Jillian
  • Caoimhe Marie
  • Caoimhe Monroe

0 voters

Still devastated that I can’t use Amedeo :weary:

Is Finn Amadou a worthy replacement for Finn Amedeo?

• Yes!
  • No :confused:
  • It’s the best option!
  • Finn Bravery is better
  • Finn Galileo is better
  • You still haven’t found it, mate

0 voters