The Rest of the Boys

I’m so excited at being done with my girl list, so jumping straight into the boy list! I have some names I’d like to use, but I don’t want to spoil anybody’s creativity, so feel free to suggest names. Faramond is done, Faramond [name]Faulkner[/name] [name]Holt[/name].

I’m going to try and explain what I want:

[name]Evander[/name]: Super romantic, stars and the moon, quiet lakes. Sensitive, poetic, adventurous but in a gentle way. I’d like to have [name]Endymion[/name] as a middle (need to use it and feel it would be perfect here).

[name]Gawain[/name]: Kind of the love child of Faramond and [name]Morgana[/name] if that makes sense. [name]Stormy[/name], intense, cliffs by the ocean, cloaked in furry capes and leather gloves. Brave, unyielding, yet romantic.

[name]Herne[/name]: Again, kind of like Faramond, if he’d gone a little crazy and started living in the forest on his own. Rough, intense, rugged, an archer. “The wild huntsman”. A little bit like [name]Mads[/name] Mikkelsen in [name]King[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] (only good thing about that movie).

[name]Rainier[/name]/[name]Orpheus[/name] (together, I don’t know which order I want them to be in): Another poetic one, but more woodsy and tough. Lush open woods with grassy floor and little sweet smelling flowers coming up among the trees. This name is very nature like to me, [name]Rainier[/name] is partly to honour my late grandfather who was a real nature man, so mountains, waterfalls, forests, moors, I see it all. If anyone’s read Rilke’s Sonnets to [name]Orpheus[/name]; that’s what I want.

Names I like:
[name]Alaric[/name], [name]Altair[/name], [name]Bayard[/name], [name]Bran[/name], [name]Cyrus[/name], [name]Emrys[/name], [name]Endymion[/name], Lorengel, Loxias, [name]Lucius[/name], [name]Marinell[/name], [name]Percival[/name], [name]Perseus[/name], [name]Silvan[/name], [name]Wayland[/name], Westfall

I’m doing two middles…

Funsies.

[name]Evander[/name] + [name]Endymion[/name] = 7 syllables, so you must use a monosyllabic name here. Something gentle:

[name]Evander[/name] [name]Bard[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] / [name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Bard[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Blaise[/name] [name]Endymion[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Beck[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Heath[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Ives[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] Stearne [Stearne is an English form of [name]German[/name] stern, ‘star’]

[name]Gawain[/name] sounds great with harder sounds.

[name]Gawain[/name] [name]Perseus[/name] [name]Bayard[/name]
[name]Gawain[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] Tierce
[name]Gawain[/name] Loxias Orrick [means ‘old, weathered oak tree’]

[name]Herne[/name]: something rough. [name]Herne[/name] and [name]Wayland[/name] are perfect together, imo.

[name]Herne[/name] [name]Wayland[/name] Westfall
[name]Herne[/name] [name]Wayland[/name] Rorrick [‘red king’]
[name]Herne[/name] [name]Wayland[/name] Eindride [Norse for “he who rides alone”]

[name]Rainier[/name] [name]Silvius[/name] Westfall
[name]Rainier[/name] [name]Lucius[/name] Westfall
[name]Rainier[/name] [name]Emrys[/name] Westfall

[name]Orpheus[/name] & [name]Altair[/name] sound so good…

[name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Sylvan[/name] [name]Altair[/name]
[name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Bran[/name] [name]Bayard[/name]
[name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Espen[/name] [name]Altair[/name]
[name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Esmond[/name] [name]Altair[/name]

[name]Gawain[/name]

[name]Lucian[/name]/[name]Lucien[/name]
[name]Leander[/name]
[name]Lancelot[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name]
[name]Winslow[/name]
[name]Winston[/name]
[name]Barnabus[/name]
[name]Fernando[/name]
[name]Roderick[/name]
[name]Sylvester[/name]
[name]Sheridon[/name]
[name]Olivier[/name]
[name]Valiant[/name]
[name]Valentino[/name]
I was going for glamorous romantic names. My favorites from your list are [name]Evander[/name], [name]Cyrus[/name], [name]Lucius[/name], and [name]Percival[/name].Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I love the suggestion of [name]Evander[/name] [name]Bard[/name] [name]Endymion[/name].

[name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] Gethin
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Hayes[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Gale[/name] [name]Endymion[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Rafe[/name] [name]Endymion[/name]

[name]Gawain[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Bron[/name]
[name]Gawain[/name] [name]Indigo[/name] [name]Silvan[/name]
[name]Gawain[/name] Lorengel [name]Rune[/name]

[name]Herne[/name] [name]Sumner[/name] [name]Thorin[/name]
[name]Herne[/name] [name]Lysander[/name] [name]Weston[/name]
[name]Herne[/name] Westfall [name]Frost[/name]

[name]Rainier[/name] [name]Lyre[/name] [name]Orpheus[/name]
[name]Rainier[/name] [name]Edric[/name] [name]Orpheus[/name]
[name]Rainier[/name] [name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Cairn[/name]
[name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Eamon[/name] [name]Rainier[/name]
[name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Cael[/name] [name]Rainier[/name]
[name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Rainier[/name] Mordeyrn

Oh, [name]Blade[/name], I really love:
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Bard[/name]
[name]Herne[/name] [name]Wayland[/name] Eindride/Rorrick
[name]Rainier[/name] [name]Emrys[/name] Westfall
Orpehus [name]Sylvan[/name] [name]Altair[/name]

Thank you!!!

emiliyva, I like Wisnton and [name]Roderick[/name] a lot! [name]Oliver[/name] is one of my favourite names, but boyfriend says no…

mclola, [name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Eamon[/name] [name]Rainier[/name] is magical! Thanks!!

Yeah! [name]Happy[/name] to help. When I found Eindride I knew it was perfect.

Oooh yes [name]Blade[/name], [name]Gawain[/name] [name]Perseus[/name] [name]Bayard[/name] sounds much better! That is my vote for sure. =]
(I apologize in advance, I broke a lot of rules. I’ll keep thinking…)

[name]Evander[/name] [name]Altair[/name] Lorengel
[name]Herne[/name] [name]Odysseus[/name] [name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Rainier[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] Westfall
[name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Rainier[/name] [name]Marinell[/name]

[name]Evander[/name] [name]Keir[/name] [name]Endymion[/name]
[name]Gawain[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Elm[/name]
[name]Rainier[/name] [name]Silvan[/name] [name]Orion[/name]
[name]Herne[/name] [name]Westcott[/name] [name]Wayland[/name]

[name]Amy[/name], rulebreaking is fine, especially with these ones… I love [name]Evander[/name] [name]Altair[/name] Lorengel the most, it’s beautiful!! [name]Rainier[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] Westfall as well, it feels very serious and hunter-ish. [name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Rainier[/name] [name]Marinell[/name] is also perfect, [name]Marinell[/name] is such a cute little name, really love this more and more as I see it. Thanks so much sweets!

[name]Sparrow[/name], [name]Herne[/name] [name]Westcott[/name] [name]Wayland[/name] and [name]Evander[/name] [name]Keir[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] are really very nice, thank you!!

Boyfriend loves:
[name]Herne[/name] [name]Wayland[/name] Eindride
[name]Rainier[/name] [name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Marinell[/name] (he did a switch-a-roo, [name]Amy[/name]!)

[name]Evander[/name] Lorengel [name]Altair[/name] or maybe [name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Bran[/name]? Or [name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Ivo[/name]? He doesn’t like [name]Bard[/name] at all.

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Evander[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] or [name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Night[/name]
[name]Gawain[/name] [name]Lucius[/name] [name]Balthazar[/name]
[name]Herne[/name] [name]Crispin[/name] [name]Percival[/name]
[name]Rainier[/name] [name]Sylvan[/name] [name]Orpheus[/name] or [name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Valerian[/name] [name]Rainier[/name]

Oh yes, [name]Rainier[/name] [name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Marinell[/name] is great!!

I also really really love [name]Gawain[/name] [name]Perseus[/name] [name]Bayard[/name].

[name]Evander[/name] Lorengel [name]Altair[/name] is definitely more towards the soft end of the name spectrum so I don’t know if that’s exactly what you’re both looking for… [name]Altair[/name], Lorengel, and [name]Marinell[/name] are my favorites of the middle name choices, so I tend to just use as many of them at a time as possible, haha. [name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Altair[/name] maybe?

Megamuffin, I do like [name]Rainier[/name] [name]Sylvan[/name] [name]Orpheus[/name] a lot! Thank you.

Sweet [name]Amy[/name], for [name]Evander[/name] we definitely want soft… in case the baby doesn’t feel like a warrior or huntsman, we need something sweet and gentle. [name]Evander[/name] Lorengel [name]Altair[/name] and [name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Altair[/name] are both amazing!

[name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] Trygve [‘trustworthy’ in Old Norse, Icelandic, via the Sagas]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Vidar[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Ivar[/name] [think this works better than [name]Ivor[/name] or [name]Ivo[/name]]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Altair[/name]

[name]Evander[/name] [name]Emrys[/name] Westfall
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Emrys[/name] [name]Bayard[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Marinell[/name] [name]Emrys[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Sylvan[/name] Rorrick

To me, [name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Altair[/name] perfectly conveys the image you were describing for [name]Evander[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Altair[/name] means falcon, it seems so soft and poetic to me. I also think that [name]Adair[/name] would fit really well here. I love the idea of [name]Evander[/name] [name]Endymion[/name] [name]Ivo[/name], but I think the flow is better with [name]Altair[/name] or [name]Adair[/name] where the stress is on the second syllable.

[name]Gawain[/name] [name]Perseus[/name] [name]Bayard[/name] is incredible, although I also quite like [name]Gawain[/name] [name]Perseus[/name] [name]Marinell[/name].

I like the [name]Herne[/name] combo you have, but I also wanted to throw out [name]Herne[/name] [name]Wayland[/name] [name]Bayard[/name], in case [name]Bayard[/name] doesn’t get used in the [name]Gawain[/name] combo.

I’m really enjoying [name]Rainer[/name] [name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Altair[/name] and [name]Rainer[/name] [name]Orpheus[/name] Westfall. These seem a bit more woodsy to me than [name]Rainer[/name] [name]Orpheus[/name] [name]Marinell[/name] (although it is awesome).

[name]Blade[/name], Trygve, [name]Vidar[/name] and [name]Ivar[/name] are not my cup of tea… they sound awful to me, and are very dated (super popular in the 40’s-50’s). I do like [name]Evander[/name] [name]Emrys[/name] Westfall and [name]Evander[/name] [name]Sylvan[/name] Rorrick, lovely names!

Raptreverie, thank you for your comments. [name]Adair[/name] is lovely, it feels kind of girlie to me though. [name]Herne[/name] [name]Wayland[/name] [name]Bayard[/name] is really cool!

I am crushing so hard on Skandar (thanks to killromance), can I use that as middle for one of the boys? It’s a version of [name]Alexander[/name], and we do have an [name]Alex[/name] we’d quite like to honour somehow, if it fits.

I would be a nice way to honor an [name]Alex[/name]. I think Skandar could potentially work with any name except for [name]Evander[/name]… I think I probably like it best paired with [name]Herne[/name]. [name]Herne[/name] Skandar [name]Emrys[/name], [name]Herne[/name] Skandar Eindride, [name]Herne[/name] [name]Percival[/name] Skandar, [name]Herne[/name] [name]Wayland[/name] Skandar. =]

Oooh, I do like [name]Herne[/name] Skandar Eindride, very cool indeed! Thank you, [name]Amy[/name]!!!

I actually had no idea these names were given more recently than the Vking era. :slight_smile:

Skandar is cool, very tough-sounding. In Arabic it’s Iskandar so I know a few, including our go-to DJ.