The Teaser Game

The ground was hard and cold as I lay down on it, but I was indifferent. Any other day, I would have cried to see the once-soft, -black soil hardened to clay, but tonight my only worry was for [name_m]Todd[/name_m]. Providence, [name_u]Toby[/name_u] had said. You can’t run from providence.

“God, help me!” I prayed silently, sobbing. Then lying in silence for a moment, I changed my prayer. “Help [name_u]Toby[/name_u].”

I’ll use silence from @witerdragono4 's teaser:

The king was silent for a long while, as he mulled things over in his mind.

Next word: mind

Sorry, @JadeRain, I forgot to add the next word!

I gaped at the sight of [name_u]Toby[/name_u]. “Why, [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] Hawkstone! You’ve gone and lied to me.” I placed my hands on my hips.

He smiled, reaching for my hand. “Only to get you here.” I wanted to pull away from him, but I was so glad that I simply let him pull me into a warm hug. [name_f]My[/name_f] heart began to race as he kissed me, quickly, but he kissed me nonetheless.

Seeing my surprised face, he apologized, but I just melted in his arms.

“It’s okay. Really, I don’t think I mind.”

Next word: kiss

1 Like

Mae leaned toward [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] leaned toward [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and… and… well, [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] didn’t want to think about it, but they had kissed in the hall and it had been the most disgusting, disturbing, horrendous thing [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] had ever seen.

Next word: ever

2 Likes

“You didn’t think that it was actually over did you?” The villain asked, smirking at the princess kneeling in the jail cell.

“You- you-” [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] couldn’t get the words out before the villain started laughing.

“Of course you did, but it’s no matter now, I’ve finally got you-”

“[name_f]My[/name_f] friends will come find me, you won’t get away with this!” [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] cut the villain off, recieving a harsh slap in the face in return.

“All your coward friends are dead, no one is going to come save you. [name_m]Say[/name_m] goodbye to your ‘happily ever after’.”

Next: princess

The unsuspecting princess jumped involuntarily when a loud, startling, clacking sound interrupted her train of thought.

Next word: interrupt

The pair was interrupted by their leader.

Next word: leader

He was an elite member of the king’s guard, but right now [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] felt like he was playing a silly, childish game of follow the leader.

Next: follow

“We’ll follow you to the ends of earth, captain.” [name_u]Andy[/name_u] said with a smile on his face as the rest of the crew shouted their agreements.

Greg could feel himself tear up.

Next: crew

The crew stood in stunned silence for just a moment, before the beast helped itself to a generous piece of the bowsprit, spitting out jagged shards of splintered wood.

Next word: silence

The ground was hard and cold as I lay down on it, but I was indifferent. Any other day, I would have cried to see the once-soft, -black soil hardened to clay, but tonight my only worry was for Todd. [name_f]Providence[/name_f], Toby had said. You can’t run from providence.

“God, help me!” I prayed silently, sobbing. Then lying in silence for a moment, I changed my prayer. “Help Toby.”

(Hey, pssst @winterdragon04, sorry to bother you but next word?)

so sorry, i keep forgetting!

next word: providence (if none, pray)

“You better pray that providence shows you mercy.” [name_u]Aki[/name_u] said from behind her.

“Yeah? What’s that gonna do?”

Next: mercy

“Have mercy on me! I was only nineteen years old, for crying out loud.”

Next word: cry

“Hey, no outs on serves!” I cry out with a smile as [name_f]Lizzy[/name_f], then [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] come into view. He is pushed completely from my mind.

Next word: mind

“Mind your own business, [name_m]Langston[/name_m].” He snapped.

Henry rolled his eyes, raising his hands in a sign of surrender, “Chill out, [name_m]Wright[/name_m], I was just trying to help, but I guess you don’t want it.”

Next: surrender

“You’re not strong enough for this, girly,” he said. “[name_m]Skip[/name_m] the dramatics and just surrender already. I’ll even make your death quick and painless.”

Next word: pain

Also, she had never cut herself. [name_u]Ever[/name_u]. She couldn’t get a papercut. She had sliced herself with a knife, and it hadn’t left a mark. It was the oddest thing. She had felt the pain, sensed it inside but never had she seen it. She had even asked others to look. They hadn’t seen anything either.

Next word: sense

It didn’t taste of much, thanks to the gunk muddying my senses, but the broth slipped down my throat with ease, unlike anything else I’d eaten in the last week.

Next: throat