The Teaser Game

Aria’s tears dried up as she gaped at him, confusion, shock and desperation welling up inside her. Was he serious? Surely not! But the look of absolute disgust written on his face said otherwise.

Next word: tears

She felt her eyes sting with the promise of tears and cursed herself. She had intended to keep her composure for this part.

“[name_f]Marzia[/name_f] is coming tomorrow to serve you with the papers. I just wanted to…I just wanted to let you know ahead of time.”

Next: paper

1 Like

Grant, wordlessly, returned the paper to his hand, crisp and white against his softly tanned skin. He cleared his throat. “Mother left the jewelry to…no one,” he said slowly, dragging a hand through his hair.

Next: hand

He lost feeling in his hands over the last couple weeks, the sensation replaced by a continuous buzzing, like a housefly trapped within his nerves.

Next: fly

1 Like

Her foot pressed on the gas until she was pushing 120 kph. Then, she took her foot off the pedal, and, for a moment, she was flying. The car hurtled toward the trees.

next: car

Moving to a farm in the middle of nowhere wasn’t something that [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] had wanted to do, but since he was only ten, he didn’t get a choice. It didn’t seem like his older sisters were too thrilled either, to be honest. The entire drive from their old house to the farm was silent, and it had been a long drive. Normally the car would be filled with arguments, whether they were between [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f], or [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. This time, however, nobody said a word.

Next word - thrilled

She was thrilled by not only the variety, enthusiasm and passion of the music, but the nightlife atmosphere, as it overflowed and charged her with excitement, energy and adrenaline.

Next word: [name_f]Passion[/name_f]

1 Like

“Because [name_f]Natasha[/name_f], [name_u]Glen[/name_u], and [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] were in very close proximity to each other,” [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] explained casually, as if this was completely normal news. “You two just happened to be in the way.”

I took this to mean, when [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] hated people, she hated them with a passion.

Next: proximity

He reached out to take her jacket from around her shoulders, but she leapt backwards out of his reach, suddenly overcome by panic at his proximity.

Next word: Backwards

1 Like

They all stumbled, one foot and then the next foot fell, and one by one all they could see was darkness, as they tumbled backwards into the perpetual void.

Next word: perpetual

“Yeah,” [name_m]Heracles[/name_m] replied. He then left [name_m]Claus[/name_m] on hold while going to get his parents.

“Hello?” said an equally perpetually sleepy [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m].

“Hey, [name_m]Leo[/name_m],” said [name_m]Claus[/name_m]. “I think your cats are over here. They’re all over [name_m]Lui[/name_m]’s room.”

Next word: hold

Her hand—which was holding a phone—was blotted with various marker stains, but she also had shiny rings on most of her fingers, and a silver necklace. [name_f]Viv[/name_f] looked young and excited, but her shoes threw me off; this woman seemed to be living in an organized chaos, yet no stains touched the white tennis shoes. That fact alone was baffling.

Next: fact

“I’d stab you while you were awake too. In fact, I’d much prefer that because I’d get to watch the life slowly drain from your eyes…”

Next: eyes

1 Like

His eyes were blue— bright and free of guile— but his expression was a mask of horror.

Next word: horror

“Okay, but take this knife for example.” [name_m]Zac[/name_m] plucked a blade from [name_f]Ksenia[/name_f]’s pile of horrors.

Next: knife

Phaedra’s voice cut through the air like a knife.

wow, much metaphor. very writing. wow.

next: good

1 Like

Fong, still glaring at a terrified Arslan, said, “Kid, you’re in no position to give orders.” Then he took the Nurse Call button and held it out of Arslan’s reach. “And I’ll hold onto this.” He smiled as Arslan lowered his hand, gripped the bedsheet covering him and looked straight at the wall, avoiding the Dragon leader’s gaze. “Good boy.”

Next word: bedsheet

I tore out of my sheets, yanking off my pajamas. You couldn’t really get out of your skin, but you could get out of your head. I put on my new school uniform, taking a deep breath. I would be okay. This would all be okay.
I could play preppy schoolgirl. This wasn’t possibly the worst thing that could happen.

Next: skin

She fell on her hands, hard enough for the gravel to press a rough pattern into her skin.

next word: pattern

I pinched my skin until the blood that bubbled out of the wound burst, spreading into the small crevices in the pad of my finger. As I smeared it against my shirt once again, it left behind a reddish spiral pattern.

Next: finger

1 Like