The Teaser Game

“He can’t dress himself” said [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Why can’t he, he’s two years old now" said [name_m]Alexei[/name_m].

Next word: years

1 Like

Matvey’s family was powerful and wealthy - almost as powerful and wealthy as hers. The children were born at the same year and began to study together, so many hoped that they would at least become friends, but these hopes were not destined to come true.

Next word: Work

“Come on, Benny. Our work here is over” I whispered to my brother, who had been excitedly watching the prank Night and I were about to pull. It was time for payback. I glanced over at Night; who knew this sweet, seemingly innocent boy could be so mischievous?

Next word: Payback

[name_u]Gio[/name_u] squinted at his mom, then me. He asked hoarsely, “What kind of emergency?”
I sighed, tilting my head side to side. “Most likely one that involves Nat.”
[name_f]My[/name_f] brain jerked back to the moment from yesterday, Natasha’s payback to what had happened.

Next: tilt

“You’re killing me,” [name_m]Lance[/name_m] growled, tilting his head back in defeat.

Next word: defeat

[name_u]Cordelle[/name_u] screamed in defeat. He kept screaming for a long time, hoping the headache the sound was giving him would erase his most recent memories.

Next word: recent

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] had inherited her artistic talent form him, and they sometimes worked side by side, though recently not so often as they used to.

Next: artistic

I found the artist cowering behind a large painting of the ocean’s waves churning in turmoil.

Next: Turmoil

Sadie’s heart was clenching, lungs contracting as she did her best to process all that was descending around her, the gut punch fate and reality had simultaneously decided to knock her with.

This was it.

Her life, her world, everything she’d once known was ripped away… To be replaced by turmoil.

next word: shock

Temporarily immobilized from shock, [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] remained with his feet firmly rooted to the deck, but [name_u]Sam[/name_u] roughly seized him by the arm and dragged the prince over to help man the waiting swing guns.

Next: temporary

[name_u]Kyle[/name_u] was one of those temporary boys, and [name_f]Marzia[/name_f] knew that going into it. He wasn’t going to last more than a few months, and as often as he said he would marry her, she was waiting around for someone who could at least attempt to read Dostoevsky.

Next: last

"That’s the last thing you said to me-- and this is a direct quote-- ‘Now, be a good little girl. Run along and play with your dolls.’ "

Next word: direct

“So,” [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] said, grabbing a handful of popcorn from the bowl, “what have you and [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] found out?” The question was directed toward [name_m]Zach[/name_m], and he looked up from his bottle of root beer to answer.
“You see, [name_f]Viv[/name_f] Cardwell has many dirty secrets,” he said in a drawl.
“Go on,” I prompted.

Next: prompt

The princess glared at him, then promptly ignored him, sitting cross-legged in the grass.

Next: princess

“What are you doing?” [name_f]Eva[/name_f] asked through gritted teeth, fighting off two soldiers at a time.

The young man seemed to smile, though she couldn’t see him clearly through the haze. “I thought the king would like to see his sole heir alive. So much that he might offer me a reward, eh, princess?”

Next: haze

A haze of red had settled over her vision, something [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] didn’t particularly like the look of. She brought her hand up to try wiping it away, and as she expected, it came away stained with blood.
[name_m]Just[/name_m] her luck.

Next: blood

“And it’s a good thing too, or you’d be a bloody, splattered mess.”

Next word: mess

“I’m sorry,” Dad finally said. “I’m sorry for lying to you, for keeping things from you. I love you, Andison. I really do, sweetheart. I was just selfish, and I messed up.” He looked to the ceiling. “I’m not perfect, and I don’t expect you to be.”

Next: perfect

“Oh, perfect,” [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f] spat. “What the hell do you want?”
“Lizzie…” [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] groaned. “Please, you’ve got to believe me.”
“Yeah, right, pull the --”

Next: believe

“Can you believe that [name_f]Karah[/name_f] is leaving for the university at the beginning of next week?”

Next word: week