The Teaser Game

A few students who were milling around the lawn glanced over for a split second, and then returned right back to their conversations. The only people who noticed him were the girl he had bumped into, and her friend, who had dyed her hair so one side was jet-black while the other was blonde.

Next: conversation

“I didn’t know who you were at the time, and I couldn’t muster the nerve to actually broach a conversation… So, I ducked behind a bookshelf and spied on you for minutes until you finally packed up your books and left.”

Next: spy

Being the dedicated spy she was, she had files on all of Lia’s classmates’, including their class schedules. If she was correct, as was almost always the case, [name_m]Walter[/name_m] was supposed to be in choir at the moment.

Next: dedicate/dedication

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] ran her finger over the cover of the old notebook, knowing what was written inside. Her mother’s final ‘big project’, an unfinished story that she had intended to dedicate to her father when she’d finished it.
She only ever wrote eight chapters.

Next: unfinished

[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] silently cursed himself, if only he had finished crafting that cradle he was working on. Right now, the cradle remained in the other room, unfinished.

Next word: remain

Ellory couldn’t stop shaking her head, and it wasn’t because I was wrong. And maybe I kept on talking because the room was too quiet. All I wanted was for someone to say something, but the two of them remained silent.
[name_f]My[/name_f] big sister finally laughed. “I’m so screwed.”

Next: shaking

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] found herself staring in pure horror at what was happening in her room. It didn’t look that scary, really, but it still managed to shake her right to her core.
What the hell is wrong with me?

Next: pure

Directly in the middle of the cavernous room stood his gleaming cauldron forged of pure obsidian excavated from the deepest bowels of the hottest known volcanic vent.

Next word: vent

“Look up, you idiot!” [name_u]Alex[/name_u] hissed, digging his arm into my side. “In the vent!”
I didn’t think it was worth looking. There was no way the person we were looking for could have fit up there.

Next: worth

1 Like

Phina let out a heavy, drawn out sigh. She started to turn her head to see the clock on the far wall but found that the effort wasn’t worth it.

Next: effort

Her efforts were in vain, it seemed, because the windowpane was completely blanketed in a thick layer of frost.

Next: thick

The visible part of the Hideout consisted of a series of block-shaped buildings stacked like stairs and connected with wooden ladders. Thick, sand-stopping Gerudo rugs hung over each door and window, offering splashes of color against the rust-colored stone.

Next: visible

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] tried not to be visibly disgusted. “I’m not sure when the benefit is. I live here, at school. Now, please, Mrs [name_u]Collins[/name_u], I really must go,” she said, gesturing to the sign out sheet on the desk.

next: gesture

“See those trees?”–she gestured to the forest–“they’re enchanted or something.”

Next word: forest

The woods around them are becoming thicker. It’s nearly impossible to see through the trees, and the eerie silence of the forest is replaced by rushing wind and owls hooting.

Next word: impossible

He spotted us coming in through the back door. It would be impossible not to. Many a performance had been ruined by some latecomer ignoring the signs on the door and flinging them wide open, flooding the whole auditorium with light.

Next: flood/flooding

(This is SO old, I had to go digging through a bunch of old projects to find anything with this word, surprisingly! I know the rule is that it’s meant to be current projects, but… I don’t exactly have a current project and I wanted to play this!)

“Refugees started to flood the country like a swarm of bees; there were more people in the streets than countable, and the crime rates increased ten-fold”.

Next word: Intimidate / intimidating

1 Like

The [name_m]Warden[/name_m] glared at her. She glared right back. They both knew that [name_f]Isla[/name_f] was the only one who was never intimidated by the [name_m]Warden[/name_m], the only one who never flinched and squirmed uncomfortably under his gaze.

Next: flinch

There was a terrifying gleam in Penny’s fathomless, green eyes that made Evonny flinch. “Okay, then,” [name_f]Evie[/name_f] choked out.

Next: gleam

1 Like

Directly in the middle of the cavernous room stood his gleaming cauldron forged of pure obsidian excavated from the deepest bowels of the hottest known volcanic vent.

Next word: direct