The Teaser Game

ah, this is an old one!

Ta, seed, represents growth and fertility, in addition to the literal seed and all other round things - thus “love,” “belief,” and “understanding” all contain the syllable, but “tree” is tasu, seed-forwards, and “eye” is kanomata, person-small-white-seed.

next: eye

“Zach!” [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] said cheerily. “Do you know how to hack?”
He quirked an eyebrow. “I thought no one would ask. Whatever do you need?”

next: cheer

This one’s a little dark:

Startled, the king recoiled, loosing his footing. He fell from the wall, snapping his neck, and all the subjects cheered.

Next word: subject

So, her subject was annoyed, but otherwise appeared stable.

Stability is good, she reminded herself for the umpteenth time. Stability means that our position remains uncompromised.

Next: position

I did not act on this impulse, but I was not put in a position where I would have been able to.

next: able

Finally, I was able to see the stranger—a black-eyed woman, whose light-toned skin was dotted with freckles and sweat.

Next word: stranger

Nearly everyone in the room jumped when the classroom door unceremoniously banged open. A tall stranger with platinum blond hair, and who wore his uniform improperly, had seemingly kicked it in with gusto.

Next: open

[name_f]My[/name_f] father met her eyes, but didn’t open his mouth. The tension in the room was so palpable, it was like you could reach out and grab it from the air. When [name_m]Boone[/name_m] set his spoon down, the sound of metal on glass echoed throughout the room. I almost jumped.

next: tense

The dragon soon launched out of the water, its long, tapering, ribbony body twisting acrobatically in the air. It landed with a great splash, drenching the crew with cold saltwater, as they stood tensely on deck.

Next word: crew

If you were smart, you avoided [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and her crew, and if you weren’t, well, that was probably the reason you needed her in the first place. Though the pint-sized senior stuck out like a sore thumb, she had somehow managed to operate an underground “crime ring” at LHS since her freshman year without ever getting caught.

Next: smart

it was not a smart choice, on account of in all my books it was a deep-cruddy world. and the trappings were gone too, such as a hamburger cost a dollar fifty.

next: gone

1 Like

[name_u]Ami[/name_u] could, quite possibly, be gone all day.

Next word: possible

this gives jane two possible paths to choose from: option one, which is to sympathize, and option two, which is to propose something stupid, like running away, maybe thelma-and-louise-ing it, maybe getting jobs in a national park or something.

next: stupid

2 Likes

“No, I’m not,” [name_u]Sam[/name_u] said removing his reading glasses, which he hated but had to wear because if he didn’t he couldn’t see the stupid words.

Next word: remove

1 Like

and i wanted to be far removed from all that. my goal was to get from california to north carolina by the beginning of july and be baptized and reborn proper in the atlantic.

next: far

1 Like

This, far from deterring [name_u]London[/name_u], made her absolutely certain that he did know exactly what she was talking about and [name_u]London[/name_u] went on, having gained a sudden surge of confidence.

next: gained

or to gain a new perspective on the situation, america, et cetera. at least to go to six flags.

next word: go

1 Like

“I’ve changed my mind. You should go, Ula.”

“My name is Oona.”

“Whatever.”

Next: change

Then tears, forgiveness and the promise that they’d both be better. But neither [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] nor [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] ever really changed, so their relationship, idyllic on the surface, was truly crumbling apart with the toxic passion that held each of them hostage.

next: toxic

Didn’t have this in any recent manuscripts, so I had to go back to one from a while ago. :sweat_smile:

But I couldn’t help asking the toxic question that burned my brain. I was frighteningly good at pushing buttons. Emotional buttons.

next: emotion

1 Like