The Teaser Game

“You are. [name_u]Sam[/name_u], I’ve never known you to be so quiet, and I can almost see violent, gray storm clouds forming over your head. Also, you haven’t once turned a page in that book since you’ve been sitting there. What’s bothering you?”

Next: bother

He turned around, facing [name_f]Margaux[/name_f].

“I hate to bother you, but do you have a charger? I’m trying to find someone, and…” he said, his accent very similar to the girl’s in the bathroom.

“Of course,” [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] said, unzipping her backpack. She pulled out a cord and handed it to him.

next: around

(before I do this @Ellory, i want to mention, your sentence would flow better and be more grammatically correct if you said “similar to that of the girl in the bathroom” rather than “similar to the girl’s in the bathroom.” sorry for being a grammar freak! feel free to ignore!)

[name_u]Danny[/name_u] spoke frequently on the long drive to their destination, which was still unknown to [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. No matter how many questions she asked, he seemed to dance around the topic. Instead, he spoke to her about what would be “expected of her” once they arrived.

From what she understood, it seemed as if she was to be a slave in her own home. Fortunately, [name_u]Danny[/name_u] said he would permit her to her own small living quarters within the house.

[name_m]Even[/name_m] if he had been bluffing about having [name_f]Molly[/name_f] killed, [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] acknowledged that he would stop at nothing to get what he wanted. For all she knew, she may be bugged. It would be to risky to get the police involved. [name_u]Danny[/name_u] was too powerful and manipulative.

next: slave

2 Likes

[name_u]James[/name_u] swallowed, glancing out of the window. “You can make any guesses you like, but you won’t get it right,” he shrugged. “Go on, go slave away thinking of the weirdest names you can.”
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] smirked, leaning forward. “Cedar.”

Next: smirk

Jex’s stance shifts, and he is leaning on his knees. [name_u]An[/name_u] eyebrow raised and a smirk spread across his face; I can’t help but smile a little at how stupid he looks.

next word: stupid

“Did you really think I wouldn’t recognize you?”

“Not so soon.”

“Do you think I’m stupid?”

“Not at all, but I spent a great deal of time and energy on this transformation and thought I could conceal my true identity for a few weeks, at least.”

Next" least

1 Like

When [name_f]Freyja[/name_f] woke up, her feet were numb and her muscles stiff. As night had fallen, the temperature dropped significantly. There didn’t seem to be much insulation in the room, but at least there was a bed.

next: temperature

[name_u]Hali[/name_u] proceeded to shut the [name_u]French[/name_u] doors and hurried directly to her elaborate mahogany wardrobe. Swiftly, the princess pulled out every stitch of winter clothing she rightfully owned. The frigid temperature outside her hospitable doors was easily below zero, and [name_u]Hali[/name_u] had absolutely no intention of freezing to death.

Next word: freeze

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] treaded softly over the old floorboards, weaving in and out (for she had memorized where the creaky ones were). A cold drift ran over feet, and a shiver ran over her. It must be freezing outside. By now, it must be winter. For whatever reason, [name_u]Danny[/name_u] had nailed boards over all of the windows.

Over the past few months, [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] had been spying on [name_u]Danny[/name_u] whenever he unlocked the door, but he had excellent hearing and caught her multiple times. He didn’t seem to understand, though, that his punishments made her all the more eager to run away. So she continued to try to figure out the password. And finally, I think I’ve got it!

next: punishment

1 Like

“….It would be utter hypocrisy to stand before you, claiming I vow to uphold justice, and punish an innocent child for the actions of her family. [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Zephyra[/name_f], our esteemed guest, was sold away in a political bargain at nine years old, punished only for the actions of her kin. The Kyrimona’s followers abandon justice at its most basic principle. But I, as one of the remnants of our just Empire, uphold it. As such, this girl shall receive no unjust punishment.”

Next: remnant

2 Likes