The Teaser Game

“You are. [name_u]Sam[/name_u], I’ve never known you to be so quiet, and I can almost see violent, gray storm clouds forming over your head. Also, you haven’t once turned a page in that book since you’ve been sitting there. What’s bothering you?”

Next: bother

He turned around, facing [name_f]Margaux[/name_f].

“I hate to bother you, but do you have a charger? I’m trying to find someone, and…” he said, his accent very similar to the girl’s in the bathroom.

“Of course,” [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] said, unzipping her backpack. She pulled out a cord and handed it to him.

next: around

(before I do this @Ellory, i want to mention, your sentence would flow better and be more grammatically correct if you said “similar to that of the girl in the bathroom” rather than “similar to the girl’s in the bathroom.” sorry for being a grammar freak! feel free to ignore!)

[name_u]Danny[/name_u] spoke frequently on the long drive to their destination, which was still unknown to [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. No matter how many questions she asked, he seemed to dance around the topic. Instead, he spoke to her about what would be “expected of her” once they arrived.

From what she understood, it seemed as if she was to be a slave in her own home. Fortunately, [name_u]Danny[/name_u] said he would permit her to her own small living quarters within the house.

[name_m]Even[/name_m] if he had been bluffing about having [name_f]Molly[/name_f] killed, [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] acknowledged that he would stop at nothing to get what he wanted. For all she knew, she may be bugged. It would be to risky to get the police involved. [name_u]Danny[/name_u] was too powerful and manipulative.

next: slave

2 Likes

[name_u]James[/name_u] swallowed, glancing out of the window. “You can make any guesses you like, but you won’t get it right,” he shrugged. “Go on, go slave away thinking of the weirdest names you can.”
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] smirked, leaning forward. “Cedar.”

Next: smirk

Jex’s stance shifts, and he is leaning on his knees. [name_u]An[/name_u] eyebrow raised and a smirk spread across his face; I can’t help but smile a little at how stupid he looks.

next word: stupid

“Did you really think I wouldn’t recognize you?”

“Not so soon.”

“Do you think I’m stupid?”

“Not at all, but I spent a great deal of time and energy on this transformation and thought I could conceal my true identity for a few weeks, at least.”

Next" least

1 Like

When [name_f]Freyja[/name_f] woke up, her feet were numb and her muscles stiff. As night had fallen, the temperature dropped significantly. There didn’t seem to be much insulation in the room, but at least there was a bed.

next: temperature

[name_u]Hali[/name_u] proceeded to shut the [name_u]French[/name_u] doors and hurried directly to her elaborate mahogany wardrobe. Swiftly, the princess pulled out every stitch of winter clothing she rightfully owned. The frigid temperature outside her hospitable doors was easily below zero, and [name_u]Hali[/name_u] had absolutely no intention of freezing to death.

Next word: freeze

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] treaded softly over the old floorboards, weaving in and out (for she had memorized where the creaky ones were). A cold drift ran over feet, and a shiver ran over her. It must be freezing outside. By now, it must be winter. For whatever reason, [name_u]Danny[/name_u] had nailed boards over all of the windows.

Over the past few months, [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] had been spying on [name_u]Danny[/name_u] whenever he unlocked the door, but he had excellent hearing and caught her multiple times. He didn’t seem to understand, though, that his punishments made her all the more eager to run away. So she continued to try to figure out the password. And finally, I think I’ve got it!

next: punishment

1 Like

“….It would be utter hypocrisy to stand before you, claiming I vow to uphold justice, and punish an innocent child for the actions of her family. [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Zephyra[/name_f], our esteemed guest, was sold away in a political bargain at nine years old, punished only for the actions of her kin. The Kyrimona’s followers abandon justice at its most basic principle. But I, as one of the remnants of our just Empire, uphold it. As such, this girl shall receive no unjust punishment.”

Next: remnant

2 Likes

He needed [name_u]Frost[/name_u] to be right. It seemed the fragments of the friendship had been strewn about, the broken remnants of who [name_m]Niklas[/name_m] and [name_m]Brynjar[/name_m] used to be. Now, he only had [name_u]Frost[/name_u], and he barely knew them.

next: broke

“We’re not old,” [name_m]Lance[/name_m] challenged. "We’ve only just broken our forties — you forty and me, nearly forty-two. That’s a far cry from declaring us as geriatric patients

Next: declare

“Come here,” Danny said, in that soft, loathsome voice that was carried by the wind.
Sadie was tired of giving in. She was tired of accepting the punishments. And she was so very tired of letting Danny have his satisfaction.
But she wasn’t strong enough to resist.
So she went to him. “You’ve been nothing but a disgrace to me,” he declared as she neared him. And as his form began to take shape in the moonlight, she hung her head. Not out of guilt. Out of reverence. So her punishment would be less.
Though I suppose it was also out of regret. That I didn’t run.

next: moon/moonlight

1 Like

[name_u]Light[/name_u] comes from darkness, and darkness comes from light. All we must do to know the truth of this is look up at the moons and down at our shadows.

Next: truth

“How would I know if that’s the truth.”

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] stood, anger radiating off her entire body, and she kicked a great clump of sand directly at him. [name_m]Orson[/name_m] sighed, feeling utterly defeated. Why did this girl delight in her unmatched stubbornness?

Next word: stubborn

“Your mother was rather stubborn, yes,” Dad said quietly, moving things around in the kitchen cupboard. “But I think [name_f]Aislinn[/name_f] could have given her a run for her money.”
That wasn’t something I wanted to hear.

Next: quietly

There had to be another way in. [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] had a sort of eureka moment, when we suddenly realized the two bedrooms had adjoining doors. [name_u]Hali[/name_u] had pointed that
out to him yesterday, as she gave him a tour of the cottage. Quietly, he slipped into the other room and jiggled the handle. No luck. That door was also locked up tight.

Next: lock

1 Like

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] flicked her fringe out of her eyes, still singing that strange song under her breath. “[name_m]Lock[/name_m] the truth away, hide it for another day…
Who taught her that? It must have linked to her secrecy, but who taught her to be so closed off?

Next: singing

3 Likes

Glancing up, [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] watched as the princess skipped along the perimeter of the lake, like a playful fawn. She even turned a few cartwheels for good measure.

She was always doing strange things like that, [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] noticed. If she wasn’t skipping, or prancing, she was singing, or humming to herself.

Next word: hum

1 Like

The hum of rain pelting against the windows almost soothed [name_m]Jared[/name_m], clearing his thoughts in a gentle wave as his eyes were drawn to where the world was covered in gentle teal and dove grey.

Next word: clear