The Teaser Game

It was her third attempt that rewarded her perseverance. In the middle of the night, she was running through the forest. Not nearly as fast as she could run before the kidnapping (for lack of strength due to malnutrition), but she still ran.
She had no known trajectory but the fact that she needed to make it out of the forest. And find help before [name_u]Danny[/name_u] found her.

next word: kidnap

After [name_m]Cas[/name_m] brutally murdered innocent people, kidnapped children, burned entire villages, and made it her mission to destroy him? Not to mention what she did to [name_f]Opal[/name_f] as [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] listened from down the hall…

Next: hall

Nervously, [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] twisted around in her chair and caught the eye of a nerdy looking boy with thick tortoise shell glasses. “What class is this?” she asked in a panic.

“Advanced Architecture.”

“Advanced Architecture? This isn’t room 402, [name_m]Albert[/name_m] Hall?”

“This is room 402, all right, but it’s [name_m]Allen[/name_m] [name_m]Hall[/name_m]. [name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_m]Hall[/name_m] is clear across campus.”

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] let out a desperate whimper, scrambling to collect her pencils and pens. Half of them clattered against the tiled floor; the sound was almost unbearable, considering how ungodly quite the room was. People were staring, now, and the princess’ cheeks were beginning to feel uncomfortably hot. Great… today was only her forth day of school, and already, he was causing a scene. When she at last managed to stuff the remainder of her belongings into her schoolbag, she sprinted out the door, and did not stop until she stood panting outside the correct room 402.

Next word: room

“What just happened?” [name_f]Freyja[/name_f] asked. She was on her feet. The press was swarming the room like angry wasps, and a few security guards came behind the desk, ushering the kids out of the room.
“Go to the second floor, everyone,” [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] said, her voice painfully calm. “We’ll meet you in a minute.”

next: calm

There was an unusual lull at sea today, and [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] leaned his elbow against the Triton’s railing, lazily watching the dead-calm sea below. The afternoon sun shone unobscured on the sea, which caused the water to take on the glittering appearance of a solid sheet of uncut glass. They were caught in the doldrums, unfortunately, and the young prince knew the ship was not going to move anytime soon – until the winds picked up again.

Next word: caught

To my surprise, my words came out shrouded in a sarcastic sort of cheeriness. “Look. [name_m]Just[/name_m] slow down, stop screaming, and explain to me what the hell is going on while we move. Okay?”
I had looked away, but Sara’s eyes caught mine again.

Next: explain

“Explain yourself, young lady,” [name_f]Elenore[/name_f] said, taking a seat beside her at the lonely table.

“What do you mean? Explain what?”

“That boy you were sitting with just now… do you know who he is?”

“He’s Library Boy.”

“That’s LB! You really don’t know who is, do you?”

“I know he’s captain of the fencing club.”

“Melody,” [name_f]Elenore[/name_f] began soberly, “he’s the prince.”

Next word: lonely

1 Like

[name_f]Freyja[/name_f] had been on the run for over a month now, and even though the whole time she’d been alone, it was only now she felt lonely.

“Hello,” someone from outside her stall said. They had a thick [name_u]French[/name_u] accent. [name_f]Freyja[/name_f] instantly stiffened; her guard immediately returned. “Are you okay?”

next: month

1 Like

He leapt to his feet. “I haven’t spent the better part of fourteen months defending you to the people here, to my superiors, and to myself for you to accuse me of wanting you dead.”

Next: accuse

I tried to translate what I’ve got in Spanish.

“I saw her with flames in her hands” accused the teacher, taking advantage that she was in the spotlight and pointing at Margot. “She started the fire”

“Nonsense, madame Munier” René grabbed her daughter by her hands and put them in the air “Look! There’s no sign of burnings”

next: Fire

[name_f]Alinta[/name_f], as a fire elemental, had never been able to attend the same school as [name_f]Misty[/name_f]. Termini [primary school, ages 4-11] were element-specific, and her friend was a water elemental.

Next: attend

1 Like

After lunch, we are required to attend yet another meeting with Vaylor and [name_m]Julius[/name_m], a finalization of our plans and obligations. Everyone attends except for [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] who was anxiously working on final details and completing her inventory of our weapons.

next: weapons/s

They had to carefully inch their way outside, so as not to get swarmed by zombies, but with no luck. [name_m]Lui[/name_m], [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f], and [name_u]Yao[/name_u] each bashed in several skulls with their weapons, creating a path to a car: a huge van.

“Well, it’s not out car, [name_m]Lui[/name_m], but it’ll have to do,” [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] observed, clinging tightly to little [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m].

Next: observe

It was unfortunate, [name_m]Lucio[/name_m] observed, than despite all of their wealth and good fortune, the [name_m]Blackwell[/name_m] family still managed to be so unhappy.

next: unfortunate

“You’re okay,” [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] said, deliberately gentle now. “You’re safe now. No one is going to hurt you.”
“Get this out of my arm!”
“This?”
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] patted the bag of liquid dangling beside [name_m]Cas[/name_m], and [name_m]Cas[/name_m] took the opportunity to pull her hand out of her grasp. Unfortunately, it was the one with the needle so she couldn’t do anything to pull it out.

Next: opportunity

[name_f]Freyja[/name_f] folded her arms, sinking back into her sweater. She didn’t like a lot of this—really any of it—but also couldn’t deal with the idea of anyone else taking her spot. It was a dodgy situation: accept and be subject to [name_m]Niklas[/name_m], [name_m]Brynjar[/name_m], and Giulietta’s annoyance, or reject him and lose what could possibly be the opportunity of her lifetime.

next: annoy

“We don’t trust you,” [name_m]Hallam[/name_m] cut in from across the room. “There’s no way you can fix that.”
I flashed him a grin. “Then you’ll be cold, and I’ll be hungry.”
They stared at me, expressions ranging from annoyed to infuriated to the quivering knife in Nivian’s hand.

Next: knife

Meanwhile, a now dressed [name_f]Corliss[/name_f], picked up a piece of hollow reed from the floor, and began whittling it with a small knife she pulled from her satchel.

Next word: meanwhile

He’s brilliant at art and writing and drama. Meanwhile, I think I have a calculator or maybe just a computer in my skull instead of a brain – maths, science, debatably computing… there’s my best subjects.

Next: brilliant

[name_m]Jex[/name_m] immediately shouts out, “Truthfully, I thought that the bombings were quite smart on their part.” he says, “Catching us off guard where the only protection is ourselves and a few scarce buildings, brilliant in my opinion.”

next: bomb/s