The Teaser Game

“Don’t lie.”

A shaky breath, he couldn’t tell from whom.

“You’re obsessed with me,” [name_u]Mako[/name_u] said.

“Oh, don’t flatter yourself.”

next: breath

the dress she wore ballooned out in the wind as if she was in the water. she held her breath for a second to make sure she wasn’t. when she let it out, the wind swallowed it up.

next: wind

the absence of the her body reminded winona of what was only a memory. the sweet smell of lavender and crisp springtime winds had washed out of her favourite t-shirt. winona had vowed never to wash them again, fearing what would she’d lose in doing so; yet winona refused to accept it, accept that she was gone.

depth

All of the lies he’d told, saying he was fine, he was okay, saying this would be over soon. The implications of his life, the heaviness of reality settled in, deep in his bones. He ached.

next: ache

[name_u]Hadley[/name_u] looks up at me, her blue eyes dark and teary. “Don’t leave us.” I hesitate. “Please, Theo.”
[name_f]My[/name_f] heart aches for her, and I think about staying with her, but that would mean [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] and all our friends, anyone of them could get hurt. So could you, a voice in my head says. I push it down and look my sister in the eyes, searching them. All I can see is fear. [name_f]My[/name_f] heart feels like it’s tearing. “We have to, Hads. We need to help them.”

next: search

““Aiye!” A bolt of lightning sheared from the sky and struck my boat. I awoke a few minutes later, clinging to a piece of driftwood. The storm, the water nymphs, and your father were all gone. Crying, I swam down as far as I could and searched the murky water. My ears were in considerable pain from the pressure when I saw the lock of Theodore’s hair rising through the ocean. That is what happens when an interesting species dies. Their body slowly disappears, leaving only a single lock of hair."

Part of a story that a character is telling her children. Also, ‘interesting species’ is just a placeholder-- we’re not that uncreative!

Next word is lightning

1 Like

They were lost to the dark, to the endless sheets of rain obscuring nearly everything in sight, tossed around by ruthless waves. Jagged lightning tore the sky in two, and its brightness made my vision spotted when I looked back at the deck.
“Lovely,” I muttered, and rushed up to the helm.

Next: muttered

“I swear,” [name_m]Romulus[/name_m] muttered, pulling his sheets closer to his face, “if you ask me how are you [name_m]Romulus[/name_m], I will throw a chair at you.”

next: pull

2 Likes

“What’s that?” [name_u]Theo[/name_u] asked.
“Why should I tell you?” snapped [name_f]Avis[/name_f].
“Because I think it wants to eat us." [name_f]Avis[/name_f], startled, turned around.
“That’s a saber tooth tiger,” she explained when she saw it. Then she added, “Wait. That’s a saber tooth tiger!”
“Ah,” said [name_u]Theo[/name_u] in a small voice. “A saber tooth tiger.” He rummaged in his pockets. “I need a stick, give me a stick!” [name_f]Avis[/name_f] found him a stick and he pulled out a length of gold wire.

next: wire

1 Like

She pulled off a sheet of metal and began to carefully climb between the wires inside the machinery.

Next: climb

[name_u]Noa[/name_u] climbed up, [name_f]Elske[/name_f] grabbing her hand and heaving her over as she neared the edge.

[name_f]Elske[/name_f] grinned at her. “See, that wasn’t so bad.”

[name_u]Noa[/name_u] scowled.

next: heave

harry heaved a sigh of content to see the boy sleeping lightly below him, a light blush was spread on the boy’s face and his lips were in a slight pout. harry played with his feathery ash brown hair, admiring how his hair was a wonderful pair to his crystal blue eyes and freckle bound skin. he was simply beautiful.

next word: blush

He found himself blushing the longer she stared at him; standing frozen as she slowly walked to him, a smile tugging at her crimson lips.

Next: Frozen

Liberty’s black eyes caught sight of the [name_f]Luminara[/name_f] Strait. She promptly ran towards it, happily drinking the partially frozen water.

(She’s a horse… have to make that clear… :joy:)

Next: Straight / Strait

Varus [name_m]Marcellus[/name_m] Aemilianus looked as regal and immaculate as always, and [name_m]Haldan[/name_m] found himself staring at his father in familiar awe once again. Perfectly wrapped toga, dark stubble shaved, short gray curls barely stirring in the breeze. But it wasn’t really his appearance that garnered Haldan’s attention, and the attention of countless others. It was the way he stood, perfectly straight. The way he carried himself, with an air of utter importance. The way his dark, deep-set eyes swept over the world around him, always calculating, always seeing.

Next: regal