The Time Is Finally Here!

After a few months of being on name berry, my time has finally come to get serious about names. FINALLY :smiley: And after years of planning the PERFECT names for my children, I am lost and don’t know how to react to my DH’s name choices. We have totally different views on girl names and he has shot down some of my ultimate favorite names for a baby boy. I’m completely lost :confused: My last name is (or will be) two syllables and starts with P so no P names for sure.

Also: we would like to use names that have meaning. Such as my DH’s grandfather who was very close to him was named Paul mn Ray. I would like Using Brenner after my mother, Brenda. For mn’s, I would like using: either Paul or Ray. James. or Brenner.

His Naming Style For Girls: Luna, Annabelle, Gabrielle/Gabriella etc.
His Naming Style For Boys: Zoltan, Aries, Rayden, Phoenix, etc.

My Naming Style For Girls: Dagny, Victoria, Esperance, Isis, Zipporah, Aura, Photini, etc.
My Naming Style For Boys: Jack, Zayden, Gabriel, Boaz, Raven, Brenner, Hadrian, Halloran, etc.

Names Shot Down By DH:

• Barnabas (this one is such a same because this is an old love)
  • Leopold
  • Raven: DH, “It sounds like a girl’s name.” :frowning:

Any advice, opinions, or ideas is appreciated… I need some berry comfort :confused: Lol.

Hm, there’s got to be a little overlap here! I think [name_m]Brenner[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] is pretty great, and [name_m]Brenner[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is good too. [name_m]Brenner[/name_m] [name_u]Ray[/name_u] runs into itself, like Brenneray.

You like [name_f]Aura[/name_f] and he likes [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], what about [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]? He likes [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and you like [name_f]Juna[/name_f], maybe [name_f]Junia[/name_f] or [name_f]Juno[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] or [name_f]Eluned[/name_f].

I like brigid16’s idea of meshing the names together to get a mixed style.

So I would combine your love of [name_f]Aura[/name_f] with his love of [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] to get [name_f]Auriel[/name_f] which is Latin for gold!!! And [name_f]Aura[/name_f] would be a lovely nickname.

And because you both like names that begin with [name_u]Ray[/name_u], and [name_u]Ray[/name_u] is sentimental, I would def suggest using [name_u]Ray[/name_u] as the middle name. And because its unisex it will work either way! ([name_m]Even[/name_m] though I like it more for a boy.)

Your a teen name obsessor who is married. Very fishy.

Your naming styles are very similar so there seems plaenty of room for compromise.

Zolton and [name_m]Zayden[/name_m] doesn’t seem particularly different to me but I see the the potential to compromise on a different Z. What about [name_m]Zalman[/name_m], [name_m]Zane[/name_m], Zenith, or [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]?

[name_u]Raven[/name_u] and [name_m]Rayden[/name_m] aren’t all that far apart. Possible compromises include Raymer, [name_m]Raymond[/name_m], [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], [name_m]Ralston[/name_m].

Naming a baby with some else is all about compromise.

I don’t think your styles are that different. By the way, are you married? You say you’re a teenager?

Yeah what’s up with the teen berry but married thing? I mean not my place to judge but there have been lots of trolls on here over the months and there’s nothing wrong with just telling the truth ^^

[name_u]FUTURE[/name_u] DH. I am not a troll… :expressionless: I’m sorry. I thought that I made that clear in my original post.