The twins are here! Theodore Atlas and...

[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Juno[/name]! It was supposed to be boys, but lo and behold there was a girl, so we decided on [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Atlas[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Juno[/name], or [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name]. I suppose there might be mother’s intuition after all! I was scrambling to find a middle name to go with [name]Katherine[/name] even though I thought I wouldn’t need it for years. They came on saturday after Thanksgiving, a little early, but other than that in perfect shape. I’m also fine, so we’re just a lucky and happy little family. :slight_smile: Thanks to everyone who helped with names selection!

What great names! A classic, timeless first name with a unique and quirky middle name. Well done!

And congratulations on [name]Kitty[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] (love those nn’s.)

Congratulations! Those are wonderful names

[name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name] makes my heart melt! Congratulations!

Oh my goodness, what a great surprise to have a boy and a girl! I love the names you have chosen! [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] are great together. Good luck to all of you! :smiley:

[name]How[/name] wonderful to have a pigeon pair (boy and a girl), a beautiful surprise for you. Congratulations, and [name]Kitty[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] are very cute names for your babies.

All the best,

rollo

Oh, what a surprise for you - and yet you always felt in your heart that you were having one of each! Yes, there is such a thing of woman’s intuition! [name]Love[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Atlas[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Juno[/name]! I’m glad that everyone is well. Have a great time bonding with [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name] and do take care of yourself too! They grow up so quickly! Best wishes!

Congrats! I’m still pregnant and “jealous” of you that you are not anymore… lol I’m a few days away from 37 weeks!

I love the names you picked [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name] -so cute together. The full names are both very strong and solid. [name]How[/name] early were they? [name]Glad[/name] everyone is doing well. Enjoy your little ones!

I can’t believe how many twin gender mistakes I am hearing about lately. There were one or two others on this board recently. One on another board. And I was told G/G at 18 weeks but then at 32 weeks the tech said [name]Baby[/name] A is a boy, but they had another tech and doctor look and they couldn’t tell for sure…so we’re waiting until birth now too. Maybe twins are more challenging to determine? [name]How[/name] certain were they about your B/B pair for you? did they give you a percent?

[name]Just[/name] got done with a 5am feeding, and thought I would check nameberry before I try to get some more sleep!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and compliments so far! I’m glad everyone likes the names. I know [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name] are a bitch more cutesy and matchy than is usual for berries, but I think they’re just adorable for my first borns, and with solid traditional names like [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name], I think they’re a great match. And yes, [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name] are disgustingly adorable, and I love it! (: I expect they’ll probably go by [name]Ted[/name] and [name]Kit[/name] when they’re older, but they’ll always be [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name] to me.

@Crunchy: [name]Don[/name]'t be too jealous, yours will be here soon, and while yes, they are adorable, at least before they come they’re quiet and let you sleep! Haha. I’m glad you liked the names too. It feels weird having [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Kitty[/name] already when it wasn’t really even int he running when we started, but I think [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name] match each other so well, and so do [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] (three syllables and Greek, classic names), and even the middle names [name]Atlas[/name] and [name]Juno[/name] (both mythology figures), that when we found out we had a girl, [name]Katherine[/name] just seemed to be the perfect fit for [name]Theodore[/name].

They were about a week and a half earlier than they were supposed to be, which isn’t all that bad compared to what happens with some multiples, and with myself making it out fine, I think we’re all really blessed. Yes, I’ve noticed a lot of gender mix ups around here as well, perhaps thats what gave me the subconscious itch to have a girl name prepared as well. Such an odd coincidence! That would be frustrating having them change their mind in the middle of the pregnancy and then declining to make a decision! At least for us the shock was over quick haha. It’s possible it might be a twin thing, who knows. Twins are usually smaller when they’re born, so perhaps it’s harder to distinguish than a singleton. Hmm, I really don’t remember them giving a percentage on how sure they were about two boys. I believe he just said congrats, you’re going to be having two boys.

Anyway, what names do you have picked out for your twins? I know I’ve commented on them several times, but for the life of me I can’t remember!

Congratulations! Their names are so beyond perfect together and will grow with them well! Take care:)

Aw, I love 'em! [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] are a perfect match, and [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name] are so cute. I want to call them [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Kit[/name] - [name]Kit[/name]'s one of my favorite nicknames. Anyway, congratulations on your little boy and surprise girl, and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Congratulations! [name]Lovely[/name] names. I remember when you were trying to find a middle name for [name]Katherine[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Nicole[/name]

What a surprise! congrats on the twins. The name are amazing and I love [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name] together.

Congrats! I love the names you picked - they sound lovely together w/out being too matchy, and they both have a wide variety of nicknames (Your little [name]Kitty[/name] might want to be a [name]Kate[/name] or a [name]Katie[/name] or a full on [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] might want to be [name]Theo[/name] :wink: You gave them names with fabulous possibility and ones I think sound as cute for a newborn and will grow and age well with your children (side note: I used to work as a care aide in geriatrics and today’s Kaytelynnnn and Breydin will be tomorrow’s little old ladies and gents).

Thanks for the compliments catmcroy! I’m glad you like them, I certainly have no namer’s remorse haha. I’d be perfectly happy if [name]Teddy[/name] wanted to go by [name]Theo[/name], [name]Ted[/name], or [name]Theodore[/name] instead. I don’t really see him having most people call him [name]Teddy[/name] when he’s older, but he’ll always be my [name]Teddy[/name]. If [name]Kitty[/name] changes to [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Kit[/name], [name]Kay[/name], or even [name]Kate[/name] I’ll be perfectly happy as well, though I doubt I’ll ever not call her [name]Kitty[/name]. If she wants to go by [name]Katie[/name] I might have to put my foot down though! Too many Katies running around for my taste haha.

What a surprise that must have been! I love the names, by the way. Congratulations on your precious twins!