The website seems 'out of whack'

I don’t know how to describe it, but since logging on today, it’s out of whack. I thought I must’ve zoomed out or something, but nope. I tried zooming in to resolve it for the mean time but that just makes it blurry.

There appears to be a massive chunk missing from either side of the site, the whole site is too small (hence the massive chunk either side), it’s a drop-down menu instead of the usual bit where it opens up horizontally below (assuming this is a new feature?) and if you look in the top right corner, those widgets overlap the search bar.

I hope this makes sense! I tried to find another thread maybe saying why this was happening, but I can’t find one. Apologies if it’s already been pulled up on.

I was just going to ask the same thing! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see it’s not just me.

The “names searched right now” ticker is also missing for me on the forum section, it’s oddly working just fine on the homepage.

Oh, yeah, @millia. I didn’t realise that either. The ticker isn’t working for me.

I’m experiencing the exact same thing and was also thinking about informing the moderators/[name_f]Pam[/name_f]/[name_f]Linda[/name_f] here. The ticker has gone for me too. The site has been like this for me since I logged on - everything is fine on my phone, it’s just on my desktop that this is a problem.

This exact problem is occurring for me. The website has seemed to mysteriously shrink. And the name ticker isn’t appearing at all for me either. It’s quite visually annoying.

I’m also getting ads that automatically redirect me to another site, which is over the line [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. As I’ve said, I understand the necessary evil of ads, but keep it within reason please.

It’s even more over-the-line now: I got an ad with a pop-up message that looked like it was wanting me to do something fishy with my computer.

@namefan: I’ve been getting the same virus looking ads that redirect me to other pages (as I was typing this it redirected me)

It’s doing the same to me now. I’m not happy with the constant attempts to redirect. Is anyone looking into this?

Hey guys, there are currently issues with the ads on the site, but they’re working on correcting problems behind the scenes. I think the type of ads you’re seeing depend on your location, so they may be worse in your part of the world. [name_f]Pam[/name_f] and [name_f]Linda[/name_f] are aware of this issue so hopefully all will be resolved soon.

Hey everybody – The sizing of the site and the elimination of the left column on some pages is to address problems that people particularly in the UK were having when the site was the OTHER size. On the ads, we definitely are concerned about this but it’s really difficult to do anything about it unless people take screenshots and send us the bad ad with their location. Our ad partners are different depending on whether you’re on desktop or mobile, what country you’re in, and even down to your individual cookies. The only way we can get rid of a certain ad is if you send us all this info, then we can trace where it’s coming from and block it. It’s possible for us to use special software to see how the site looks in other countries on desktop but that’s not really effective on the phone. And of course there are thousands and thousands of ads – these are served on our site as well as on all other sites automatically (meaning, for the most part we don’t go out and choose individual advertisers and are unaware of which particular ads and advertisers are offensive unless we experience them ourselves). So, we want to help but we can only do that if you send specific information via email to me at pam@nameberry.com. Or hit the pink support button and report it there, but without specifics we won’t be able to block or fix. thank you.

Thanks for getting back to me/us. What about the NSRN bar? I am used to the site having shrunken now so it’s not really an issue (although it does annoy me) but I used to get a lot of inspo from the NSRN bar which vanished when the site shrunk.