The Wedding Thread

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! I am actually in the process of planning a wedding coming up now in [name_f]July[/name_f]! I’m getting married to my wonderful boyfriend, [name_m]Jorge[/name_m]. We’ve been together for 6 years and we have a son together, so we wanted to make our family “official”. :wink: Are there any other fellow Name Nerds planning a wedding or getting married soon? :slight_smile:

Brides to be and their approx. wedding dates…

shalexis- May 2014
laury- July 2014
pistachio- March 2015
hailey- October 2015

Undecided dates…
claraoswinoswald
jess0044

Congrats! I’m (planning on) getting married in [name_f]May[/name_f].

We’ve had our date set for about six years now, and have been together for almost ten years. We’ll be married next [name_u]March[/name_u]!

In the interest of full disclosure, we aren’t technically engaged yet. SO wants to ask in a certain way, but he’s fully on board with planning now, and actually very involved in the process. I’m just trying to be patient because it’s so important to him… I have no idea what it is.

we are planning for probably [name_f]October[/name_f] 2015, all depending on the job search, im excited to get married but terrified of all the planning, theres just so much stuff

Yay! More brides to be! Congratulations to you all :slight_smile: Are you planning to do more of a traditional approach or unconventional approach? [name_f]My[/name_f] wedding will be a mix of fun and familiar…the nuptials will be in a yacht and then we will go over to a nice-yet-laid-back restaurant for the reception. :slight_smile:

So much this. I’ve been engaged since [name_f]July[/name_f] but have done nothing to plan. I’m much more interested in saving money for a house and kids than spending thousands on a few hour event. I get so cranky every time I look up wedding stuff and vendor prices! It’s overwhelming. We just paid off my ring in full though so that’s one thing checked off at least.

Claraoswinoswald: I know how you feel! It’s stressful planning the wedding. But I’m sure in the end it is all worth it. :slight_smile:

Not sure if I should be joining this thread, as even though I am planning my wedding (though unfortunate circumstances keep pushing it back farther and farther), I have no set date or even estimate of when it will finally be able to happen.

However, I could never overlook a wedding thread! I’m actually in school to be an event planner and weddings are an avenue I want to explore more in my leisure time than anything. Basically I love talking weddings, planning weddings and hearing about other people’s weddings as well.

Jess0044, that must be wonderful, studying to be an event planner! I’m sure your wedding will be great when you decide to have it. :slight_smile: